QPR clinches promotion to Premier League or have they?!?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
QPR clinched promotion to the English Premier League with a 2-0 win against Watford on Saturday while Sheffield United and Scunthorpe were relegated to the third tier of English football.

Neil Warnock's side returned to the top-flight after a 15-year absence, and secured the Championship title in the process, thanks to second half goals from Adel Taarabt and Tommy Smith at Vicarage Road.

But QPR now faces a nervous wait for the results of a disciplinary hearing due to be held next week over allegations it breached rules on third-party ownership.

A report in The Sun newspaper on Friday quoting an unnamed FA source said the club could be docked 15 points in connection with the signing of Argentinian midfielder Alejandro Faurlin.

A 15-point penalty would leave QPR having to secure promotion all over again via the play-offs.

But it will take heart from news earlier Saturday that the FA distanced itself from The Sun report, insisting that no decision had been taken.

So QPR were clearly the standouts this season in the Championship but they could potentially have to qualify through the play-offs rather than automatic promotion. My dad followed QPR so if they make it into the Premier League next season I will be following them.

Could someone explain to me what the third-party ownership deal is and how they broke the rules. Also what punishment will they get, if any, since it seems like it won't be 15 points?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
It's something to do with a company owning a player (as opposed to a club owning him), and when a club buys the player from the company, things can get complicated if the process isn't carried through correctly. I suspect that's what's happening here.

Personally, I hope QPR get the points docked. Neil Warnock is one of the biggest, most bitter c*nts in football and doesn't deserve the chance to manage in top flight again. I can sympthasize with their fans if they don't come up, but not with Warnock. He deserves what he gets.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I do like QPR, they are an exciting team but one of my best friends is a huge Leeds supporter like watches every game so if QPR were to lose point Leeds could get that final playoff spot. I honestly think QPR and Leeds should just a playoff game to get that 6th spot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was reading up about it and I was amazed that Warnock was involved at a similar issue a few years back at another club.

The tribunal was supposed to deliver a verdict yesterday but they delayed it. They really need to announce this ASAP since the final regular round is this weekend.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I was reading up about it and I was amazed that Warnock was involved at a similar issue a few years back at another club.

The tribunal was supposed to deliver a verdict yesterday but they delayed it. They really need to announce this ASAP since the final regular round is this weekend.

He was. And the funny thing is, he said any club found guilty of this should have points deducted. How ironic.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In my opinion the longer this drags on the least likely it is that they will be deducted the full fifteen 15 points. I think that they will certainly be fined, at least $10 million, but I doubt the tribunal has the balls to give them the full penalty.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
QPR just got fined, they will be in the EPL next season. I am happy for them, they deserve it since they clearly dominated this season.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Excellent news! I finally have a team to follow in the EPL rather than just following the Australians playing there. Hopefully they can stick around in the Premier League for a long time.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Thats great to hear Troy, happy for you to get more into it. Hopefully they buy an Aussie like Brett Holman!! With a talent like Tabbart, they can make some noise next year. Hopefully Jamie Mackie recovers from injury.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Sorry Troy but I'll be hoping they go straight back down. Neil Warnock is a prick. :)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No he isn't he is a colourful character with great passion, just the sort of person the game of football has all too few of, someone like Alex Fegulson is much more unlikeable as person.

QPR are a great club, and it is good to see them back in the top flight and I am pleased Warnock has the chance to manage there again [that is if they don't decide to sack him which has been rumoured]. As for the points thing I don't know what I would have done, QPR were in the wrong for sure, and were lucky to escape with a fine, but then again is it fair to punish the players for something they had nothing to do with I don't know. Also there is blame with the FA as they should have put a system in place to prevent this from happening, the whole thing has been a mess.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
No he isn't he is a colourful character with great passion, just the sort of person the game of football has all too few of, someone like Alex Fegulson is much more unlikeable as person.

I disagree; he's a bitter (I appreciate the irony in this), obnoxious, irritating man. I do agree with you about Ferguson though.