QCW: Quality Championship Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Decided to make a REAL btb this time. WWF Attitude 2009 is officially defunct.

Backstory:

In the summer of 2005, Kelly Brooks made history by being the first female to own a top tier independent wrestling organization. Kelly Brooks, the now 46 year old owner of Quality Championship Wrestling, created QCW in early 2002. Quickly, the promotion became a local success in San Jose, CA and widelyspread to the rest of the country as one of the most popular independent promotions around.

However, the growth of fellow independent promotions like ROH and NOAH. Not to mention the American success of foreign promotions like NJPW, AAA, and HUSTLE, QCW gradually fell under the radar and eventually retreated to local San Jose shows.In the spring of 2007, Kelly Brooks met a man that would eventually turn all of that around.

A man named Danny Worberg, better known as "Demented" Danny was a rich Californian who made millions in his day booking shows for WWWF, NWA, and AWA. He introduced himself to Kelly Brooks (who obviously knew who he was) at the end of QCW's weekly Saturday show "At The Dome" in San Jose. He explained how he followed QCW's success since day one and was interested in getting back to the height of it's progress once again. After hours of Danny and Kelly's conversation (which included Danny listing his extensive resume), Brooks was convinced that Danny could shoot QCW back into the radar and beyond.

Months afterwards, Danny showed up to "At The Dome" with a flock of investors, supporters, a street team and even wrestlers. Danny explained that he was going to shake QCW upside down and he did just that. Two years later, QCW once again became one of the most popular independent promotions in America thanks to "Demented" Danny.

Promotion Name: QCW: Quality Championship Wrestling
Owner: Kelly Brooks
General Manager: "Demented" Danny
Name of Show: Wednesday Night Warfare

Roster

Claudio Castagnoli
250px-Claudio_Castagnoli.jpg

The most hated man in QCW. The arrogant but Elegant Claudio Castagnoli is the QCW World Heavyweight Champion. He associates with no one...except speculations have surfaced about Castagnoli having a special relationship with QCW owner Kelly Brooks. Much to the dismay of "Demented" Danny, Claudio

The Backseat Boyz
200px-Backseatboyz.jpg

A lot of teams have made the mistake of taking these guys for weak because of their looks. What a mistake it is. Acid and Kashmere have a great deal of athleticism and it shows when they step foot in the ring. In a nut shell, these guys aren't QCW World Tag Team Champions for singing "I Want It That Way".

Keep It Gangsta
281x211.jpg

These gangsta thugs don't play around. They make it clear their ballin and they will change anyone's mind if they think other wise. The big man Babi Slymm and the speedy Ruckus make one of the greatest tag team QCW has ever seen. Watch their in-ring performances as they are known to flash gang signs and dances throughout the show.

Petey Williams
petey_williams_in_tna.jpg

The Canadian destroyer Petey Williams will stop at nothing to prove he is the best. The former Team Canada star along with fellow canadian Robert Roode created buzz when they arrived on the scene. The two's alliance was a painful one to try and conquer. Recently, Petey turned on Roode and is now flying solo. Not having as much success as Roode since the split have created jealousy speculation but Petey denies.

Robert Roode
BobbyRoode.JPG

The money man Robert Roode has been QCW's rising star ever since he split from Pete Williams and Team Canada. He is the former 2 time Natural Champion as well as one of the most popular guys in QCW. Petey Williams says he isn't jealous, but we beg to differ.

Ken Doane
dykstra2WEB.jpg

The QCW Natural Champion Ken Doane is the most universally sound performers in the company. He has the total package. The looks, the skill, and the gold. He has held that title for a while now and new challengers are coming out of the wood work. Let's see if he can stay on top.

Scorpio Sky
l59c9f83bf39be1a6e2bbb5uv8.jpg

Scorpio Sky is a cocky asshole that thinks he is God's gift to QCW. Yet he is one of the mist exciting performers on roster. And if you don't know he'll tell you. Usually signing autographs before coming to the ring, the sensational Scorpio Sky has never disappointed in a match since.

The Filth and the Fury
1.jpg

Arguably the most charismatic team in the QCW, The Filth and the Fury are the golden boys of the tag team division. Teddy Hart and MDogg20 are just as loved by the fans as they are by ladies all over. More recently the two lost their Tag Team titles to the Backseat Boyz and they are determined to win them back in High Fashion by any means necessary.

Chris Hero
hero1.jpg

He screams at kids. He screams at old people but people still love him. He is a total asshole to everybody but people still love him. Chris Hero is the gold standard of QCW. He is the main reason people tune in the Wednesday Night Warfare. His childish, rude, and inappropiate antics have instilled in the heart of the QCW fans and for his exceptional athleticism, he is the last QCW World Heavyweight Champion before his arch rival Claudio Castagnoli. Along with many others, he is hell bent on getting his hands on that title again.

Matt Sydal
250px-Matt_Sydal.jpg

The energetic and agile Matt Sydal is magician in high-flying and if you look at this guy's matches, you'll know why. Proving to the competition that he deserves to a future champ, Sydal never ceases to amaze the crowd. Also, watch ringside during his matches and you will see the lovely Mickie James there cheering her man on.

Ricky Banderas
judas.preview

The Monster Ricky Banderas has been on a warpath for two years. Ever since he lost the QCW World Heavyweight title to Chris Hero, he has been on the trail of destruction. He annilates competition in quick fashion and he is cold and heartless to anyone. Stay out of his way. And oh, remember, he is still Latino so don't be surprised to see him pop up with El Cartel once in a while.

El Cartel
tmpphp83lwug.jpg
display_image.jpg

El Cartel is most brutal group in wrestling. They don't give a damn about anyone and will kick the crap out of anyone that gets in their way. When B-Boy's The Cartel merged with LAX in early 08, everyone knew the chaos this would casue. Composed of B-Boy (Now Delikado), Lil Cholo, Homicide, El Jefe, and Hernandez. El Jefe the godfather gives orders. Delikado, Cholo, and Homicide carry them out and Hernandez is the enforcer. These guys are known for interrupting matches and beating up all of the participants. However, they compete in matches and have a history of gold. Cholo and Delikado were tag champs and Homicide was the last Lightweight champ. Some wrestlers are said to have forfeited matches to avoid the gang beatdowns. With their signature Pirana to the chest, these guys are no joke.

Johnny Nitro
MelinaandJohnnyNitro24.jpg

The smooth Johnny Nitro and his sexy girl Melina have certainly made an impact since coming to QCW. Coming in as three along with Joey Matthews, Nitro made a boon in the tag team division but recently, he attacked his former friend and "Demented" Danny claims to have "fired" him. A lot are not convinced. Now Nitro is making waves in the singles competition with Melina by his side.

The Briscoes
briscoesroster.jpg

These racist, redneck, confederates made it clear that they were out for blood. They have a strong hatred for just about everybody in QCW especially Keep It Gangsta. But no one really knows why. These former QCW World Tag champs are a force to be reckoned with and don't need the Aryan Brotherhood to back them up.

Delirious
250px-Delirious.jpg

The mysterious and devasting Delirious arrived at QCW with one plan. To kick ass. Ever since he showed up last year, he has been showing the lightweight division what he's made of and has most recently been throwing guys twice his size around. He leaves fans asking one question: Who can fuck with Delirious?

Women:
Velvet Sky (Good)
Maryse (Bad)
Sarita (Good)
Mickie James (Good)
Hamada (Bad)
Beth Phoenix (Good)
Melina (Bad)

QCW Champions:

QCW World Heavyweight Champion: Claudio Castagnoli

QCW Natural Champion: Ken Doane

QCW Tag Team Champions: The Backseat Boyz

QCW Women's Champion: Hamada

4 Big PPVs of the year:

Showcase (Granddaddy event, Winter)

HeatWave (Summer Event)

Mr. QCW (Fall Tournament Event)

La Primavera (Spring Event)

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think you've got way too many titles, but it's separated between two shows so it doesn't seem that bad. I'm interested to see how your PPV's are going to work out, since you can't obviously have a title match every match because then there's no room for other feuds. Interesting choice of roster, I'll be tuning in to see how you pull this off. Just be careful and don't stress yourself. Two shows is going to be a big commitment, don't burn yourself out.

MizMasta3000

I purposely did Wednesday and Saturday my less stressful nights to put my all into it. Im updating it adding the PPV schedule

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So long as you know your limits I wish you luck on this. I'm not familiar with alot of the less mainstream guys on your roster so I'll be tuning in to get a better feel on what to expect from this BTB.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Man, good luck with this. Writing two shows alone, a huge ass roster, separate wrestlers on each show, all those titles... good luck. I'm not familiar with those Indy guys so it maybe hard for me to follow.

MizMasta3000

Feel free to ask me for Wikis or YT vids for anyone unfamiliar to you

MizMasta3000

Quality Championship Wrestling Presents:
Wednesday Night Mayhem
December 30, 2009
1st Mariner Arena
Baltimore, MD

1st Match:

Funaki vs. Johnny Devine w/ Scott D’Amore

2nd Match:

Scorpio Sky and Sara Del Rey vs. Jerrelle Clark and Sarita

3rd Match:

Tyler Black w/ Jimmy Jacobs vs. Nick Nemeth w/ Ken Doane vs. Eric Young w/ Petey Williams

4th Match:

The Filth and the Fury vs. Keep it Gangsta

5th Match:

Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson

6th Match:

Hamada vs. Taylor Wilde vs. Savannah vs. Beth Phoenix

7th Match

D’Lo Brown vs. Robert Roode

Main Event

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Colt Cabana

Special Announcement from

“Demented” Danny

ALSO OWNER KELLY BROOKS

BE THERE OR BE A BITCH!

Wednesday Nights Just Got Interesting!

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The preview should make me want to watch the show to be honest and I am just not seeing it. Trying putting more description into the matches, provide some insight to them so it makes me want to watch/read. The font is also annoying when it is big as I can't really pay attention when it is so big. Only make it that size for say the start of shows or:

PREVIEW
Match One
Funaki vs. Johnny Devine w/Scott D'Amore
Description

Try that for your preview. Now I know this may seem mean, but I am just trying to help. I will provide further judgement after the first show.

Beer

21 wrestlers, between 4 titles. That's way to little wrestlers and way too many titles. The set out is pretty damn awful too. Makes me wanna give up reading right there. Nothing particularly wrong with the actual writing though.

MizMasta3000

QCW Presents: Wednesday Night Warfare
Atlanta, GA
Phillips Arena
9:30 pm est.​

Match One
Matt Sydal w/ Mickie James vs. Scorpio Sky

Two of the hottest young stars on the rise fight it out. Both men have the will, but who will get the win?

Match Two
Hamada and Maryse vs. Velvet Sky and Sarita

The sexy and powerful ladies of the women's division will be showcase. What team of will come out on top?

Match Three
Keep It Gangsta vs. The Filth and the Fury

The tag team division is one of QCW's strong suits, lets see who can impress management and most importantly, The Backseat Boyz

Match Four
Delirious vs. Homicide w/ Hernandez

Delirious is a crazy but tough competitor but if he's facing Homicide, then we can almost guarantee a run in by El Cartel.

Match Five
Robert Roode and Beth Phoenix vs. Johnny Nitro and Melina

Johnny Nitro called out Roode and Beth called out Melina. Not only will the womens champ Hamada be watching, but so will Ken Doane.

Main Event
Chris Hero vs. Ricky Banderas

The last time these two face were for the QCW World Heavyweight title, now neither have the title but both are looking to make an impression

Also a special announcement from Kelly Brooks.

Don't Miss It!

Beer

Don't announce all of the matches on the card. Maybe two or three. You need to keep some things as a surprise. This doesn't hype the matches very well at all tbh. Look around at some of the old BTB's here when this place was relatively active to get tips on how to hype matches well.

-TJ-

Yeah if anything, for your first show, you don't announce any matches and then you might have one or two matches or even the main event made up for next week in that show. It keeps them wondering.

If you make an unappealing card then they might not read it, but if you have the same unappealing card and they are in the middle of reading it, than they'll be like "Fuck it!" and read it anyways. ;)