PWInsider: WWE interested in signing Ricky Starks and other AEW talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'd again argue that's not a NEED for CW, but I can see why they would think it is. I'd be a little shocked if they thought Ricky was that name tho yeah.

And yes I remember Kevin Owens, I don't think it compares to Ricky. KO debuted with everyone saying he was too fat, would never make it in WWE bc of his look and Trips just strapped a rocket on him and then he won over Vince. Ricky is coming in with the hype that he's a big star perceived as being handled badly by AEW.

Those guys had to debut in NXT 10 years ago because HHH was building his little ROH away from Vince.

There's no NEED here at all for either side to me though, Ricky does not need NXT and NXT does not need him. I don't think an NXT run would be bad at all, just odd and I'm way more interested in a main roster run which I can't predict as opposed to a good NXT run that I think I can predict
It's not nearly as big of an issue as it was 10 years ago, but I do think that he could run into the issue of being too small. I mean Melo is running into those issues right now.

Ricky doesn't NEED NXT in terms of development. NXT may need him in terms of male talent on top.

Also, in terms of star power he's not it. NXT doesn't have anyone with star power (That's not knocking anyone, they aren't there yet. Trick will get there).

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Technically in kayfabe they've never been cool tho fwiw but I don't think AEW kayfabe would matter in that scenario lol Ricky just straight up interrupting Punk would be awesome tho

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Steph and Giulia need some tv wrestling under there belt too
Ricky’s been on tv forever and a day

And Chris nailed it the CW has there marketable star in Trick. Who’s probably gonna stay in NXT for at least another year plus.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's not nearly as big of an issue as it was 10 years ago, but I do think that he could run into the issue of being too small. I mean Melo is running into those issues right now.

Ricky doesn't NEED NXT in terms of development. NXT may need him in terms of male talent on top.

Also, in terms of star power he's not it. NXT doesn't have anyone with star power (That's not knocking anyone, they aren't there yet. Trick will get there).

I genuinely don't even think NXT needs the male talent rn either but that's very debatable. Ricky's taller than Melo at least tho I think lol but size def still a slight issue

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Steph and Giulia need some tv wrestling under there belt too
Ricky’s been on tv forever and a day

And Chris nailed it the CW has there marketable star in Trick. Who’s probably gonna stay in NXT for at least another year plus.

Steph should be fine overall from the arena Mexico shows outside of commercial breaks maybe fucking her up but yeah lol Japan has nothing of the sort, Giulia has probably never had to worry about accidently going over time in a match ever

Reactions: Bad News Booty

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Trick is there with overness and marketability it’s his in ring that needs polishing

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Steph should be fine overall from the arena Mexico shows outside of commercial breaks maybe fucking her up but yeah lol Japan has nothing of the sort, Giulia has probably never had to worry about accidently going over time in a match ever

I don’t think Steph stays in NXT long tbh

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That I'm almost certain won't happen bc of the contract stuff you mentioned before. Obviously we don't know when it's up but I think we will know bc more stories will pop up and that just seems too soon now unless the stuff you posted recently is the start of those
Yeah just spitballing because i'm sure there's gonna be a good few debuts over those two weeks of live shows

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I agree that he prob doesn't need it but I don't think it will harm him to be there.

Imagine tho if Night 1 you open to nxt and all of a sudden hear....

"The Revolution Is Televised"

I pop so hard
Would be pretty cool if that happens. Like I said give him a run In Nxt a few pages back and let him establish himself before going to main roster.

I like Ricky as face we didn't see that much in AEW once if I recall and it didn't last long. I think that's why the nxt run but detrimental to having a long and successful run in WWE main roster roster. Prove himself to Shawn as we know he Hunters Best Friend and if shawn recommended him hunters going to listen. Think he has to do this first or just going to be another name as good as he is WWE is way different to AEW in regards to establishing credentials first then getting the machine behind you. Look at Gunther he's only been on main roster a minute and is HW Champ Bron Is IC Champ. Rhea is by far the most over woman In wrestling.

It doesn't matter how good a wrestler is outside the fed. They like to test people before putting the machine behind them now as Vince is gone and just look at the way Hunter's been doing record numbers the list is endless. NXT as well is doing good again . Ricky will have to start from scratch before he goes to raw or Smackdown, it's essential he does or he will just be another name on huge roster. His work rate, charisma will get him far in WWE this way.

Wish him nothing but the best myself as he's a real good wrestler and kills promos with ease.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
In Regards to Steph Vaquer it's visa issues holding her up nothing else it's been reported on every major wrestling site etc. She will be going to NXT first SES said a few days ago.