PWInsider on current WWE Creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[Mike Johnson] There is a belief within the company that Triple H has been basically knighted by Endeavor, and he’s the one who is driving 99.9% of the creative going forward. Not Vince McMahon.​
SRS is putting something up what he's heard about it aswell, so can add it in for further context.​

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If it ain’t broke; don’t fix it. Wonder if it’s been the case all along

Reactions: #Waddles

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Everyone pretty much has been in agreement it's 99% Trips, he just listened when Vince says to do something which seems rare bc Vince is busy with merger stuff

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Depends how much you read the dirt sheets and what you want to believe. Honestly feels like as soon as something big happens that's kinda suspect, the usual 'Vince is back in control' stuff comes out.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Reassuring. I will say from the PLE perspective (which is all the WWE I watch) that they haven't been quite as great lately as they were around 6 months ago, and it feels to me like some of the major angles are kinda getting redundant, but still, there is a definite funness to them that was severely lacking leading up to Vince's ousting.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Regarding Vince McMahon, one WWE higher up told us: "I think you can take a look at the show -- Johnny Gargano is back after his return was nixed. Tegan Nox is on the show. Dragon Lee is all over the program. Carlito is finally factored in after being under contract for months. Cameron Grimes got back on TV. Bronson Reed is winning matches. Tag team titles and IC titles are getting long matches to end Raw. I'm not going to say that all of those are direct results of the situation, but all of those parts moving at the same time is a little too much to be a coincidence for me." Fightful Select has the full story:​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well that reads as if he wasn't 99% in control most of the year so nvm what I said earlier lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Dale

Tommy Thunder

Reaction score
Given what's happened on tv as of late then it makes perfect sense that HHH is now basically in full control of creative. All 'his people' are on tv and are doing well, there's continuity of storylines from week to week, the quality is just more consistent and better. While that's all the case then there's every reason for Endevour to insist that HHH handles creative fully.
The DIY reunion has happened after Gargano being missing for months, Tegan Nox is back on TV, they picked up the JD McDonagh - Judgment Day storyline after that disappeared for a while, Nakamura is a main event player and is back to being a bad ass.

I'm sure Vince will chip in every now and then and I'm sure that some of his ideas will make it to TV, and that's fine if that keeps him happy. But I think from a business standpoint HHH running the show from that point of view is what's best for business, and I think the people at the top, above Vince, recognise that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd say it's probably 80/20 based on what I've seen unless they're saying he's gotten 99% after the merger.

I still find it funny HHH is giving prestige to Tag Titles and the IC but appreciate it. Now if we could start getting payoffs for some of the longer storylines. I do appreciate the longer storylines but Gunther can end his reign anytime now we need a payoff. Same for Roman I'll wait till Mania for the payoff but fuck make the man show up. Even if he's not defending make him have some matches.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Trips' period in charge last year was great so I'm very happy about this

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He brought back Tegan to TV so I’m all for it

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Triple H and Vince McMahon Have More Defined Roles in WWE​

Per Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel, Paul “Triple H” Levesque is in full control of WWE creative​

Paul Levesque in full control of WWE creative​

When WWE merged with Endeavor last month, Paul “Triple H” Levesque did not receive a seat on the Board of Directors, a position he had held prior in WWE.

Yet that has not represented a loss of power.

In fact, the opposite has occurred.

If you have noticed a change in WWE programming, you are not alone. Levesque, who is WWE’s Head of Creative, has overseen all of the creative on SmackDown and Raw since the merger, which is precisely what his job description entails.

The difference is that Vince McMahon, who is synonymous with all things WWE, is no longer directly involved in dictating the weekly creative in the same manner he once did. McMahon remained the title of Executive Chairman in WWE, but he no longer possesses majority control of the company. That has allowed for change in the new regime, particularly in the creative department.

Multiple contacts within the WWE and UFC have confirmed that Ari Emanuel, who wields power as the Endeavor CEO, is behind the change. Emanuel has long been a firm believer that, in order for an organization to be as effective as possible, people need to do the job they are assigned. In this case, that approach has empowered Levesque to exert his full influence in the company’s creative sphere.

Not all is lost for McMahon. As Executive Chairman, his focus is elsewhere, particularly in overseeing a lucrative new media rights deal for Raw and the NXT brand. But it is a fascinating time for McMahon.

No longer the be-all, end-all of WWE, McMahon possesses an iron-clad contract that protects him financially–yet not politically. Will he view this as a loss of leverage? His response will be a very telling action.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It went from 99% a couple days ago….

They done gave that boy the extra 1%…

Look at Hunter

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Well good for Hunter. Here's to hoping that he can actually do something great with what he has to work with. By Mania most of it has to stand on actual legs, I feel, but it's still a whole lot of work to put into, to actually steer the product into the right lanes.

If he can pull it off, then 2024 will be the greatest year for Wrestling fans in a VERY long time.