Put Me On: A New Format

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
#19 Welcome To My Island - something quirky and eclectic about this. Surprised I am enjoying this.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
#20 Worth It - this vocalist pierced my soul with her voice. actually made me quite emotional. song of week for eliciting the emotion.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
#11 Pink Venom - so I actually loved this song. Had like Latin vibes, but also like Hindi vibes too. Really confused by this band - but this was amazing. Whoever picked this - you're alt-mind deserves high praise.
This was teh most obvious pick to ever be obvious, lol

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I've got started listening to the playlist.

I'll give my thoughts on the songs a bit later when I go through them.

Reactions: Alexa and Hoss

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
(2) Good jam. Love Eddie's voice. I also like when you thought it was over with the fade out, then it fades back in, reminds me of the song Rain When I Die by Alice in Chains. Eddie you trickster lol
(3) Amazing pop song. It'll put you in a chill mood no doubt.
(4) This song is a good listening to. Not too flashy or polished, just plain and simple. I also love the little harmonica part as well.
(5) Good stuff. I like the blend of hip-hop and jazz to make this bubbly concoction worthwhile. Drink it up!
(6) Not hating this song one bit. I love it. It puts me in a good mood and it kinda makes you want to bust a move lol. Plus, I've added it to my Hip-Hop playlist on my Pandora.
(7) Beautiful song by David Soul. Owen Wilson sung this song in the movie Starsky & Hutch in 2004. Great suggestion if you're into soft rock.
(9) Awesome headbanging song by Atreyu! It's worth adding to my Pandora playlist.
(11) Can't argue with this song by BLACKPINK. It's not for everybody, but it was worth the listen to. I like it.
(12) Good, simplistic, straight up jam by PUP.
(13) Pretty dry song by Extreme. Nothing really stood out from the song.
(14) lol love the PlayStation start up sound to begin the song. Besides that, it's a pretty simple synthwave song without it being very flashy.
(15) I'm not feeling this song at all. It's a big pass for me.
(16) This song by Sleep Token, both surprised and impressed me. The genres were very diverse in this song. I've loved it, helluva jam!

(17) Loving the piano parts of the song. Pretty good song overall.
(18) Tough song to get into by Wilco. The vocals are a bit weary, the lyrics are very simple, not the strongest song on the list.
(19) Quirky, like Juice mentioned, but somehow it grabs you by the wrist wanting you to listen to the rest of the song. Excellent pick.
(20) I've had to listen this a couple times, it was a whole lot better the second time. Like the song title says, it's "Worth It." Plus, I've add the song on my Pandora.

**BONUS TRACK** - Amazing, sad country song if you listen to the lyrics. What a hidden gem.

• Love
Reactions: Alexa and Hoss

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
BTW, Actin' Crazy by Action Bronson, Down '71 (The Getaway) by Bone Thug-N-Harmony and Lexus in the Lobby by Meyhem Lauren were my songs.

Reactions: Alexa

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Last call for tomorrow patnas

Reactions: Doom

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I will add 2 later, busy weekend

Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Massive Attack? :WOW

Reactions: Hoss

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Put Me On - 3/13/2023 | Listen Session #1
#1: Sounds sort of like Radiohead to me. Got this scratchy alternative sound that I just can’t enjoy.
#2: Was very funky - a little bit too much funk for me to handle in fact. Gave me like Vanilla Ice vibes at the same too - but definitely not Ice at the same time.
#4: Had to give this song a second listen - wasn’t sure what to think of it. I didn’t hate this or love it - it just sort of just sat in the background for me and never fully developed.
#5: If this isn’t De La Soul - it is a very convincing pastiche. Quite enjoyed the feel of the song.
#6: Had to skip this one - in the background there was this ‘Nah Nah’ sound. Was like ear torture - which was a shame, because the main body of the song was actually enjoyable.
#7: Was like an infernal/demonic metal sound - didn’t hate it, but didn’t catch a single word.
#8: Enjoyed the sounds of this tune and the vocal pairing.
#9: Didn’t work on Spotify - so I went to YT so I hope I listened to the right one. The composition didn’t really do anything for me - but I am assuming in context with its original source it might fit better as a media accompaniment.
#10: Liked the overall feel of this song - and was left curious to hear what this band might sound like as a complete album sound.
#11: Enjoy the folksy blues element of this song - 100% my favourite song that I’ve listened to so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom and Hoss

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Put Me On - 3/13/2023 | Listen Session #1
#1: Sounds sort of like Radiohead to me. Got this scratchy alternative sound that I just can’t enjoy.
#2: Was very funky - a little bit too much funk for me to handle in fact. Gave me like Vanilla Ice vibes at the same too - but definitely not Ice at the same time.
#3: Had to give this song a second listen - wasn’t sure what to think of it. I didn’t hate this or love it - it just sort of just sat in the background for me and never fully developed.
#4: If this isn’t De La Soul - it is a very convincing pastiche. Quite enjoyed the feel of the song.
#5: Had to skip this one - in the background there was this ‘Nah Nah’ sound. Was like ear torture - which was a shame, because the main body of the song was actually enjoyable.
#6: Was like an infernal/demonic metal sound - didn’t hate it, but didn’t catch a single word.
#7: Enjoyed the sounds of this tune and the vocal pairing.
#8: Didn’t work on Spotify - so I went to YT so I hope I listened to the right one. The composition didn’t really do anything for me - but I am assuming in context with its original source it might fit better as a media accompaniment.
#9: Liked the overall feel of this song - and was left curious to hear what this band might sound like as a complete album sound.
#10: Enjoy the folksy blues element of this song - 100% my favourite song that I’ve listened to so far.

#4 is De La Soul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I listened to the playlist, will give full thoughts after work but I thought it was a great one again this week. A lot of boom bap rap shit strangely :lol

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I love the way Juice reviews, makes me smile. I'm serious, not being sarcastic.