Put Me On: A New Format

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Atom mother heart *** lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Left before Wish You Were Here. Reason why there is a song on there called Shine on You crazy Diamond
Yup. Those 2 songs are very bittersweet. That album is just melancholic af

Reactions: Alexa

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
WEEK FOUR LISTEN
  1. This song is fucking awesome as hell - never heard of these guys at all. Reminded me of Die Antwoord, but yeah this song was a great way to get this list started. Hoping there other works is just as loud. Undertones of Happy Hardcore involved too, which I wasn't ever expecting to ever see in one of these lists.
  2. Nothing to complain about this one - nothing to shout from the rooftops either though. Was very mellow at its core.
  3. Was very punky - but not really my sort of thing.
  4. Really wasn't for me, was grating on the ears if I am honest.
  5. This song was very cool and the sort of sound that I have been really enjoying during this month. Can see this get rinsed and repeated, especially if I fall for the album too. ★★★★
  6. This song was also one that I wasn't sure at first - but then really stepped into and started to enjoy. Props!
  7. Didn't really understand this one at all? And it was sort of dragged out - all I can think it is that is an accompaniment to some other form of media.
  8. Also not for me - two in a row and I don't see my mind changing on this band.
  9. Since the album draft, really started to realize that rock/metal instrumentals seem to be a genre in themselves. I thought the song was so so - but yeah, so often feels like the vocals are just missing.
  10. I find myself questioning - am I old now? Because I didn't understand this at all LOL
  11. Well call me surprised - because this was a Pink Floyd song that I actually enjoyed and connected with. Maybe this album will be one I understand more.
  12. Halloween songs in February? Not the sort of thing I'd even listen to in October. I suppose sort of cute and almost alt-Disney
  13. Vocals were particularly too aggressive - the music was decent enough though.
  14. This song absolute bangs. Slowly seeing myself become more metal in 2023. ★★★★
  15. Quite liked the vocalist and don't think I've listened to much Portishead. I can see myself looking at this band a little bit more - something special about softer vocals that sometimes only a lady singer can bring to the table.
  16. Had to actually skip this song - unnervingly got under my skin.
  17. Synthwave has very much become something I have fallen in love with, over the last few years. And Gunship are just one of the very best of the genre imo. Listening 100 sends me down a rabbit hole later today - listening to more of their work that I probably haven't fully explored yet.
  18. Although not really my jam - this is 100% something to recommend for the Yunga. Had a strange 80/90s sound quality too it though - eerie.
  19. Wasn't bad - although at times some of the lyrics felt a bit muted almost liked they had been faded into background sound. Some of the guitar work though was very charismatic.
  20. Yeah not for me.
  21. An awesome song to finish the list.

This was a really great list - and honestly I can't even guess who picked what at this point.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Another solid playlist, I really dug this one

Reactions: Doom and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Ak-47 - interesting song but just didn't hit for me

Back to the Motor League - loved it. Haven't added a song to my strictly punk playlist in a while… this one's going on there

Deep Space 9mm - also loved this song. Never opposed to hearing El-P or RTJ. Beats are always insane.

HOLIDAY - could have easily been my nomination but was not lol. I listen to this almost daily so yeah. Love it.

House of Glass - Also coulda been my shit. Love this album, probably my favorite from Cage the Elephant. Great track.

The two Goblin songs - ruled dick. I obviously didn't know what to expect going in but this shit was awesome.

Miasma - knew it was gonna be epic from the start

Neato - I knew what to expect here and I enjoyed it. Riff Raff gave my favorite performance on this one.

On The Turning Away - an absolutely classic Pink Floyd song that should be studied in history books

Oogie Boogie's Song - what I will say about this song is that it was worth hearing once

Ormfolk - very hard but didn't keep my interest that well for some reason

Nightmare - not my particular brand of metal here but it isn't bad

Roads - I'll throw this on one day when I'm laid up in a hammock

Scatterbrain - Jeff Beck doing his thing, no complaints from me

The Drone Racing League - didn't know what this was gonna be, but it blew away my expectations. Awesome song.

Veil of Maya - quite enjoyed it

Watch the World Burn - again just not my style of metal music. Don't mind hearing it but wouldn't seek it out

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
4 & 10 were me both @Turanga Leela trashed violently....but also it's not cuz your old cuz I am a good bit older then you...

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Do you guys not know The Nightmare Before Christmas? Oogie Boogie's Song...Danny Elfman...done acapella...tough crowd.

Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Already thinking what i should throw up next

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I just say what I feel really - and how it makes me feel. I don't really think about who picked the song. I'd be worried what people though about me on my selections this week lol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I think I can safely say this week was my favorite overall playlist yet