Push new talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Love him or hate him, Truth is going to be pushed imo. Of the "black" wrestlers I think he has the best shot of getting a World Title over MVP, Kofi, JTG, Shad and Henry. His whole "What's Up!?!?!" deal really connects with the kids. However I don't see him actually reaching that point except for maybe one short, transitional reign. I think a US/IC title run would be more then enough for him. You have to realize that he isn't exactly young. He is in his mid 30s I am sure.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
How often has that happened to HHH? Shemus "beat him" before the match even started.

I'm not saying he didn't put him over. But the fact that Triple H wasn't 100% going into the match, and Sheamus still had trouble putting him away, isn't "putting him over big time." Had Triple H been 100% going into the match, and Sheamus beat him down, it would have accomplished the same goal and then some. Triple H was being protected in the excuse that he lost was that Sheamus beat him down at the start of the ppv. Just like when Sheamus won the WWE title. At the end of the match, it wasn't talk about Sheamus beating Cena for the title. They were questioning whether Cena lost his balance and fel.

As for how often does that happen to HHH, DX's last feud with Ted and Cody. Not sure which ppv it was but Ted and Cody beat him up before the match. HBK wrestled the match by his self until Triple H made the save.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^Nope. Punk kept that title up until Undertaker returned.

I asked if Jeff ever retained whilst he was champ (Which I don't beleive he did).

What do subsequent title reigns have to do with it?

Big Rob said:
They have some good black talent put the belt on one of them.

'Great' idea.... Let's push guys based on their skin colour... How can such a selection criteria not bring about massive improvements to the product!?!?!? :roll: --->>>>

XBA said:
Without getting into the WWE is Racist topic, I have learned one too many times not to discuss it anymore,

Shame that isn't actually the case.

Anyway, racism isn't a moot point... Ignorant, unfounded accusations of racism are tho'.

but can you really see any of the following become a World Champion?

Kofi Kingston
Shad
JTG
R-Truth

If at all, maybe R-Truth because kiddies love to say WHAT'S UP more than they love saying BOOM BOOM BOOM.

They're all (varying degrees of) shit that's why. --->>>>

berserk

Reaction score
r-truth is just a kiddies booker t

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I like R-Truth and this is why:

He has a great character. Rappers are probably the easiest gimmick to get over with (not to mention the "rough background" thing he has going on that connects with the fans even more). Whether heel or face. Not only do they spark interest in matches with the pre-rap entrances, they also allow the fans to be very interactive; thus, sparking interest in your character as a hole. Plus these types of gimmicks leave a lot of room for character evolution as well. Look at John Cena. His raps on the fans' heroes generated heat alone from the typical heel tactics of sneak attacks and "looking like a bitch". Once he turned face, he easily filpped the script rapping bas about the bad guys making the fans love him. Now Truth hasn't done this but just the way he interacts with the fans alone gives him huge pops. He's mega over and WWE should keep working with him; he could be a decent star one day. A nice midcard title run isn't out of the question and it wouldn't hurt either.

seX-Power

Reaction score
R-Truth has no character. He smiles and shouts "what's up" to get a cheap pop. Any black guy could do that and get over.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah, to be fair MM3000, much of what you said about Cena doesn't count for Truth.

He just comes out week after week and raps his theme tune and gives the crowd the chance to shout "wassup".

Mid-card (at best) for life.

...god...

Reaction score
To be fair, his promo with Ted DiBiase was actually pretty good.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Its too bad they waited this long to do this, many veterans are retiring and the roster looks like complete shit because nobody has been made to look like a STAR. However, I'm happy WWE is finally giving these young guys the ball to run with, it certainly makes for more entertaining TV than watching 90 year old Flair flopping around in the ring on TNA