Punk's Newest Challenger

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dre

Reaction score
So there was the #1 contender's match on Raw, which was won by Batista. It was a fatal four way and he beat Kane, JBL, and Cena.

What are your thoughts about Batista being put against Punk? Should they have waited a little longer for this match? Glad it's happening at the Bash? Should someone else have won?

TBH, I was really hoping for Cena to win the match. Having Cena vs. Punk at Great American Bash would have been epic. WWE should of saved the Punk vs. Batista for Summerslam.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
To be fully honest seeing Batista or Cena for the belt is boring already let see Jericho at Summerslam or anybody for that matter something new. Or new contenders an no JBL isn't the answer.

btman

Reaction score
Honestly? I'm kind of mad Batista still hasn't beat Edge in a title match. Or that Edge didn't win the like last 3 matches without any interference or bullshit. Now that Edge has called off the wedding I hope they still make him good without Edgeheads and Chavo.

I hate CM Punk. At first it was the fact he was dating Maria.. Not a big deal.. Then I realized he has a Pepsi Tattoo on him.. Coke > Pepsi. Then he stopped doing the Anaconda Vise and did this GTS BS that looks like shit half the times he does it. Oh and he defended the ECW World Title with a ROLLUP. Who does he think he is? Santino Marella? Rollup victories?

I hope Batista wins... But considering Punk hasn't had the title for long... It's not looking good.

Reaction score
I don't know how the WWE is going to get Punk a win over Batista. I can't see Punk actully beating him in a One on One match a lone. Maybe some interference? Kane going out of control again, who knows.

And yeah, I think it's a litte early for Punk vs. Batista.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i dont really understand why punk is facing batista and i have no idea how punk is gonna win unless kane interferes... or maybe batista will win? probably not but its possible...

Ballin

Reaction score
I was actually pulling for 'Tista belive it or not. See I dont like JBL unless its mic work, and I dont wanna see Cena in a main event for awhile or untill he gets in a stable with CT. Kane would ruin the "Dead or Alive" angle. So Batista was the answer, or atleast IMO.

noumenon

I still have such mixed feelings on CM Punk. I honestly don't think he's as good as everyone makes him sound. To me if there is one guy that deserved a huge push of of ECW it would have been Morrison. MORRISON > CM PUNK BY FAR.
I know, I know...."BUT CM PUNK WAS AMAZING IN ROH!!!" Well, this isn't ROH and his style is extremely generic. He's already got the move chain syndrome. SPRINGBOARD CLOTHESLINE...RUNNING KNEE....BOLLDOG....RAAAHHHHH.....GTS.
Since winning the MITB he really did absolutely nothing and was on a pretty notable losing streak for quite a bit. Out of nowhere we see him debut on RAW and win the WHC off of Edge in about 10 seconds.
His first major title defense being against Batista IMO is really a horrible move. I was kind of pulling for JBL to win the fatal four way. I'm really not a fan of these face vs. face I respect you matches. JBL would have made little month program for CM Punk ending at GAB.
I really can't see how they're going to legit put CM Punk over Batista if that's indeed what they're planning on doing. My guess is that they'll have someone interfere costing Tits the match. From there they could interject Jericho into the title scene. Since he's on his whole credability kick he could come out and claim how Punk is a fluke champion and that none of his title defenses thus far have been won fairly...blah blah blah.

MikeRaw

I like this, should be a good match. Theres a very good chance Punk will win too, IMO, because they have been pushing him hard, and due to the big ratings with him as champ, they probably want to keep him with the strap.

I think he will win, but have a rematch at Summerslam, and dop it there. If he drops it at Summerslam, Im fine with that, as that'll be a 2 month reign, which is good for his first time. And he will stay in th emain event scene after that anwyays.

But ya, Im glad he is taking on Batista.

noumenon

Another thing that needs to come into consideration is I'm sure WWE now wants to boast it's new RAW talent by showcasing Batista (and CM Punk I suppose) in their main event. However...Batista in the WHC picture again? Isn't that what we've been seeing for the past few years?? Same shit different show.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
I totally agree with Batista getting a title shot now on a different show but Punk as champ it's totally new and it's kind of cool to see a new champion now we need some new challengers and maybe a gimmick or two thrown in there. Then only thing that I dislike about punk is when he is on the mic needs work other than that I think he will be a great champ for a long time.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
well, apparently the officials wants a Batista / Cena for the title at WM 25, I think sooner or later Batista will gain the title, but it may be early, I don't know, maybe CM Punk is gonna win via roll-up or interference, and they'll have a rematch at Summerslam or Unforgiven.

Weebo

Reaction score
Honestly? I'm kind of mad Batista still hasn't beat Edge in a title match. Or that Edge didn't win the like last 3 matches without any interference or bullshit. Now that Edge has called off the wedding I hope they still make him good without Edgeheads and Chavo.

I hate CM Punk. At first it was the fact he was dating Maria.. Not a big deal.. Then I realized he has a Pepsi Tattoo on him.. Coke > Pepsi. Then he stopped doing the Anaconda Vise and did this GTS BS that looks like shit half the times he does it. Oh and he defended the ECW World Title with a ROLLUP. Who does he think he is? Santino Marella? Rollup victories?

I hope Batista wins... But considering Punk hasn't had the title for long... It's not looking good.
Dude u must be mistaken. Pepsi is way beter then coke. It taste better and they are a smarter company

Airfixx

^^^Either way, having a favourite uber-corporate drinks company is a bit fucked! ("They're a smarter company"... WHAT DA FUCK???? LOL)

Fuck them both for using pop stars and, worse, SPORTS stars to sell such an unhealthy beverage to children.

[Bringing things back a little more punk-like...]This is what I've found odd about his gimmick (and actual lifestyle, I beleive) from the off... A Pepsi tattoo is so contradictory to the broader commitments of a straight-edge lifestyle.

...oh, and Batista: "Meh"... WWE gotta go some way to dig Punk (and his reign) out of this one. LOL

Looking forward to seeing how Punk fairs big-match stylee tho'.

chessarmy

Batista vs Punk should be good, but tbh I am sick and tired of babyface vs babyface matches. We already got one with Trips vs Cena, and now we are getting Batista vs CM Punk. WWE needs to understand that a match with a solid heel and a solid babyface will draw more people to watch the show. I'm just hoping that Batista turns heel soon, then his match with CM Punk will get much more interesting