Punk v Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Didn't get to see it yet, but Reigns going over Punk clean sounds like a great plan for Reigns if they are planning to push him as the top guy. And if the New Age Outlaws were there, then that added that more equal feel to the match to contain the match from Rollins and Ambrose, which makes Roman look even better. It showed that he didn't need the Shields help to beat one of the top ten longest WWE champions in WWE history. Gonna watch the match when I can still, but glad that Roman still got the clean win. :obama:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Nothing to complain about from my end. They got time to work a nice match (about 12-15 minutes, I believe), had plenty of dramatic moments and near falls and the ending was logical. Reigns became the first Shield member to defeat Punk in singles competition, and yet there's a chance that Ambrose might still try and say that it's because he had Punk "distracted" on the ring apron for even just a couple of seconds that Reigns was able to hit the spear (and thus feels he owes his victory partially to him.)

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I couldn't even manage to get through Punk's matches with Ambrose, watching this would make my erection disappear forever.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Reigns looks like a star and performed well enough. Punk is a repetitive borefest but Reigns was good.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Clunky at times and dragged a bit. Reigns is still green but improving. And Punk continues to operate on only about 50%
Roman's green? He showed solid execution, facial expressions (bar the idiotic smiling whilst he had Punk in a bear hug), selling (possibly a bit too much given his status currently but he was the heel so that's understandable however) and psychology (targeting the ribs to set up the spear). It wasn't a clinic by any stretch of the imagination but green is pretty harsh. I can't think of one mistake he made during that match or anything that could lead to one.

The structuring was off but that's not really either guys fault ( it focused far too much on The Shield vs NAO to get much going ) Punk forgetting to sell his rib injury midmatch then remembering again was poor from him but to be expected given his current form of not giving a fuck. Reigns has two babyface aspects down to a tee already the taunt pre-superman punch to fit in somewhere into his 5 moves of doom and two signature spots which he can hit from a variety of positions in the spear and the superman punch. People doubted his ring work but tonight he showed he can hang pretty well, he'll need to work longer matches but it isn't a concern at this point. He should have been more prominent on Piper's pit but that segment was so short I'm not sure what they could have done with it although his one line he did show a very clear speaking voice, I'm not praising him for such a minor moment but it was there.

Reactions: THG? and RoyalRaven

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed bits and parts of it. I thought Roman put on a good match, and the focus on the New Age Outlaws against the Shield was something I expected since it was an Old School Raw. Still, glad Roman got the clean win. Nothing much else to add in my part really.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Fine! Not so good...
I enjoyed it. Who cares if other people are shitting on it? A lot of people were acting like Reigns was going to shit the bed the first chance he get a spotlight singles match and at the very least he proved that wasn't the case.

Jonathas

Jobber
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Who cares if other people are shitting on it? A lot of people were acting like Reigns was going to shit the bed the first chance he get a spotlight singles match and at the very least he proved that wasn't the case.
I enjoyed it as well. But it wasn't the best match of the show for a exemple.