Punk Storyline + Rey Push Screws Miz and Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio has once again been victimized by WWE's haphazard booking as his long planned match with John Cena at SummerSlam was nixed hours before Monday night's RAW telecast in Hampton, Virginia.

Creative overhauled the match line-up for SummerSlam Monday afternoon after deeming their creative plans for CM Punk for the event as "awful." Del Rio was effectively removed from the title picture as a result. WWE's braintrust felt that had Punk not been slotted in the title match, his much talked about storyline would extinguish.

Though Del Rio had the rug pulled out from under him once again, creative has the 34-year-old pegged for a title run this fall. WWE announced today they will present a landmark tour across Mexico this October and a number of high ranking officials feel the countryman returning as a conquering hero will garner a great deal of media attention.

Meanwhile, The Miz was at one point scheduled to reign supreme in the WWE Championship Tournament on RAW. Creative later changed their mind and the WWE Championship was awarded to Rey Mysterio, who got to hold the belt for approximately an hour and a half.

Source: sescoops

...yeah fuck Rey tbh

But I don't understand how not putting Punk in the title match would "extinguish" the storyline. Actually, I have a gut feeling that Summerslam will be the blow off to this entire thing without any kind of hopeful long-lasting rivalry a majority of us would've liked to see. I'm not too worried about Del Rio because at the end of the day, he'll always be lurking around the world title picture as long as he's carrying the briefcase and I don't see how he could be in a title match without cashing in ahead of time (you know...since he was eliminated in the first round of the tournament).

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Doesn't add up one little bit with their recent rumors of long-term booking... doubt this.

Axis

Reaction score
Still, sounds like some guy had his own prediction and decided to get some internet traffic out of it. I think Del Rio is in store for a title reign at some point though.

noumenon

Reaction score
How is Del Rio "out of the title picture". The guy has the fucking MITB, so essentially for the next year the guys name is always looming somewhere in the title picture. And I'm sorry but to have Del Rio going for the title over continuing the perfection that has been Cena/Punk would just be a crime.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Written by a ADR mark, masquerading as news....

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^It says F4W

Axis

Reaction score
Yet another internet rumor proved false.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It's not THAT false. He may stay champ all throughout the Mexico tour.

Axis

Reaction score
Then this is not news from a source. They saw that there was a tour in Mexico and assumed he'd be involved. They thought it would come in the fall, but he won at SummerSlam.