Punk responds to criticism

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk wrote the following on his twitter: ""I'm missing the US open for this!"-- Maybe not the best way to introduce yourself to a room full of grumpy wrestlers."

He also wrote "Placement on a card determining quality? Y'all need to reevaluate. I'll wrestle @WWEDanielBryan 1st, 3rd, 7th or your precious last, it will ALWAYS be the main event."

He also was trying to get #SnowAngeling trending.

Probably worth noting #SnowAngeling was the #1 trend yesterday or the day before.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I thought he was responding to being a hypocritical sellout.

Nothing to see here, move along people.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
He's already responded to that.

I sort of remember some cheap cop out excuses, but barely.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I blame WWE for dropping the ball with Punk, not Punk himself personally. None of us know what it's like when you're that high up the card conversing with WWE management constantly.

Obviously WWE is more to blame, but Punk is clearly a hypocrite for how things unfolded. You can say his shoot was kayfabe, but obviously he believed what he was saying. But now that he is one of the chosen ones he is fine with it. So basically his problem isn't that WWE is run like shit, but that he wasn't getting preferential treatment like Cena or HHH. Now that he is, he just smiles and cuts corny promos and is a company yes man like the ones he bashed.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:
really? link?

Finally, Punk wrote the following in response to fans saying he sold out:
“I enjoy people’s opinions on my”selling out”for various reason.As if I’m supposed to feel guilt for being successful.Hard work.No shortcuts. If you’re good at something, never do it for free. I remember people in Chicago being pissed at the fact I worked two shows in the same day. People who couldn’t do what i do. When you want something, you go after it. When you work harder than everybody else, you get it.”

PWMania

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Obviously WWE is more to blame, but Punk is clearly a hypocrite for how things unfolded. You can say his shoot was kayfabe, but obviously he believed what he was saying. But now that he is one of the chosen ones he is fine with it. So basically his problem isn't that WWE is run like s***, but that he wasn't getting preferential treatment like Cena or HHH. Now that he is, he just smiles and cuts corny promos and is a company yes man like the ones he bashed.

How do you know he's fine with it? If he's completely fine with it then I agree, he's a hypocrite. None of us know if he's fine with it apart from him and his close friends.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:

Doesn't sound like he addressed anything but just says "Hey guys, I busted my ass so I deserve to be able to sell out!"

Crayo said:
How do you know he's fine with it? If he's completely fine with it then I agree, he's a hypocrite. None of us know if he's fine with it apart from him and his close friends.

He's fine enough with it to go along with it. I know you love to compare everything to SCSA, so do you think he would have sold out and turned into a smiley 2012 babyface just to make it in the company?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
He's fine enough with it to go along with it. I know you love to compare everything to SCSA, so do you think he would have sold out and turned into a smiley 2012 babyface just to make it in the company?

I don't love to compare everything to SCSA but addressing that point, times were different and Punk is definitely not in SCSA's position. No one in the modern company would put the finger up at management and say I'm not coming back until....

As for "fine enough to go along with it", how do you know he's not just temporarily going along with it until the next big storyline comes? How do you know change hasn't been promised to him? WWE can't go from X to Y in a day, week, months. None of us know the conversations Punk has had. I do know that Punk on twitter is completely different when he addresses WWE etc than he is on RAW. He himself at a house show when he was champion addressed the crowd and said he's still pissed off at WWE. There's enough evidence to support Punk isn't happy just because he's top dog atm. I wouldn't expect Punk to shit on WWE after all the stuff he's done to get success. As RVD said, you need to be a dick to get success.

Point is, you know nothing about it, neither do I. Labelling him just seems illogical and childish to me, but that's my opinion.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You bring up what if scenarios about 'behind the scenes' or 'what happens next' and ignore what you see on TV every week.

I bring up what I see on tv every week and ignore what might possibly be happening behind the scenes. I draw conclusions based on what I see, you try to stay optimistic based on what could possibly be happening. Just a differing philosophy, I don't see how it makes me childish or illogical.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:
i wrote that as you were posting, don't get your panties in a bunch

I don't have panties on... :dafuq:

Dolph'sZiggler said:
You bring up what if scenarios about 'behind the scenes' or 'what happens next' and ignore what you see on TV every week.

I bring up what I see on tv every week and ignore what might possibly be happening behind the scenes. I draw conclusions based on what I see, you try to stay optimistic based on what could possibly be happening. Just a differing philosophy, I don't see how it makes me childish or illogical.

Kayfabe lives then? If we judged everything on what we see on RAW, then we'd all think Bryan is an egotistical moron. Yeah I know you're talking about how he's changed into something he said he hated a year ago, but do you honestly think Punk said "Hi WWE management, I'm the guy who shooted on you all, turn me into Cena please?". To be a top face, kids need to like you. WWE have yet to grasp that being the generic smiley face isn't the only way. I for one certainly enjoy Punk's babyface promos a hell of a lot more than I enjoy Cena's.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Kayfabe lives then? If we judged everything on what we see on RAW, then we'd all think Bryan is an egotistical moron. Yeah I know you're talking about how he's changed into something he said he hated a year ago, but do you honestly think Punk said "Hi WWE management, I'm the guy who shooted on you all, turn me into Cena please?". To be a top face, kids need to like you. WWE have yet to grasp that being the generic smiley face isn't the only way. I for one certainly enjoy Punk's babyface promos a hell of a lot more than I enjoy Cena's.

Like I said, you can hide behind Kayfabe but we all know when he did the worked shoot he was saying things he really believed. And now he has become what he hates, even if it's just his on screen character and the real life Phil Brooks hates what he is doing, he is allowing himself to do it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Like I said, you can hide behind Kayfabe but we all know when he did the worked shoot he was saying things he really believed. And now he has become what he hates, even if it's just his on screen character and the real life Phil Brooks hates what he is doing, he is allowing himself to do it.

I agree that he believed in it. But how can he change it if he was back down the midcard or even fired for refusing to do what WWE wants? You would rather see no Punk at all in WWE than this Punk? If Punk is just riding the wave until the change arrives then what better wave to ride than getting stupidly over with everyone and being a top dog in the company?