Punk going to court...against his own mother

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
WWE superstar CM Punk has obtained a restraining order against his estranged mother -- claiming she constantly hits him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he doesn't come through ... TMZ has learned.

Punk -- real name Phillip Brooks -- claims in legal docs filed in Illinois that he's tried to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year "due to repeated financial demands and years of abusive, harassing and threatening behavior."

In the document, Punk says he's made an effort to help his mom -- who he claims suffers from bipolar disorder -- giving her more than $100,000. But Punk says her "abusive/threatening behavior" escalated when he cut her off.

That's when Punk's mom allegedly unleashed a torrent of nasty emails -- telling the wrestler, "You don't give a s**t about us. You just care about your money and money hungry/fame hungry friends. You would sell us for a nickel."

Punk also says his mother threatened to release potentially embarrassing information about her son's past. Punk suggests the information has to do with arrests when he was in high school.

In the docs, Punk says his mother has threatened to commit suicide on at least 4 occasions in 2012.

Punk says, "I wish for the harassment to stop and am requesting the assistance of the court in this regards."

The judge in the case granted the temporary restraining order back on June 10 -- but the wrestler is due back in court today where he will likely try to extend the protection order for several years.

TMZ article

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Damn, good for him. His mom reminds me of my friends mom and she's a real pain in the ass. Hope all goes well for him.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
CM Punk vs CMom Punkette

Well this is a awkward case for Punk, I can see where he's coming from though, he shouldn't have to deal with that kind of stuff.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Punk's biological family is kind of scary. His dad was a drunk, his brother stole money from him and his mom is apparently bipolar and trying to emotionally blackmail him.

How Punk didn't become a criminal or a degenerate is an impressive feat.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Even Punk's family hates his ass. What a clown

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I watched his DVD and from what I heard his biological family didnt and dont give a shit about him. Good for him.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Punk's biological family is kind of scary. His dad was a drunk, his brother stole money from him and his mom is apparently bipolar and trying to emotionally blackmail him.

How Punk didn't become a criminal or a degenerate is an impressive feat.

He left when he was like 15 and lived with his best friends family who he calls his family and they treat him like family.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Are you new to TMZ?

Nope, just always been concerned how people preach about wanting their own information to be secure yet promote this kind of stuff. Plus why would anyone care about this, Punk is suing his mum. So what? I know they'll jump on anything but it's just so odd, you know?

Reactions: Swift

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nope, just always been concerned how people preach about wanting their own information to be secure yet promote this kind of stuff. Plus why would anyone care about this, Punk is suing his mum. So what? I know they'll jump on anything but it's just so odd, you know?

Doesn't seem odd to me. Why do people care about gossip about stars? Idk, just they way life works.

Reactions: Crayo

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Pretty much what others said about his family sucking. Also, kudos to him for standing up and taking action on this.