Protip which none of you seem to know.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
True. Gives the Divas more time to get over with the crowd in wrestling and no stupid commercials during good parts.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Exactly it annoys me when in a Santino match u get the full match but when it's Bryan or Punk you get an ad break! Like sort ur priorities out a little come on it's no0 wonder ratings bloody go down sometimes!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think it's because you'll get more views during a match between Punk and Bryan then a match with Kelly Kelly. So it's logical that way that they'll post adverts during that time.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Farooq said:
I think it's because you'll get more views during a match between Punk and Bryan then a match with Kelly Kelly. So it's logical that way that they'll post adverts during that time.

True but if done correctly they could put ads before and after there match!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:haha: WWE doing something correctly? Be serious that's not gonna happen.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Farooq said:
:haha: WWE doing something correctly? Be serious that's not gonna happen.

I know right! :dawg:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I can't play music for a little bit, then stop. If I start playing it, I'll wind up sitting there getting caught up in listening to music the entire time and not watch any of Raw. I had to comment every time there was a commercial break just to bug you in case you were paying attention to my posts though. ;) I know this has been an ongoing gripe, so I would do a quick comment just to mention we were in another commercial break, and sometimes to gripe about seeing the same commercials over and over during one show.

I'm kind of with Rain on this one. I know he exaggerated to make a point, but the fact remains that it's not the commercial breaks themselves so much as their frequency that grates on my nerves. I understand WWE's standpoint in doing it, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. I'd rather watch a match ad-free and have them advertise before and/or after rather than interrupt a match just to go to commercial. Plus, as mentioned, it's the commercial break, limited actual TV time, then bam -- another commercial. That's what gets annoying.

Still, I understand their point in doing it that way. I also understand that -- for you -- music works as a way to get through those ads. However, it's not for everyone. I would rather sit there watching all the matches and bearing through the commercials while doing other things -- chatting, browsing online, getting up to do something else around the house, etc. For me, the music thing just isn't really a viable option. So I'll just keep doing my own thing and bitching about the commercials at random, just to give me something else to gripe about. ;)

(Now who actually read this long ramble?)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I read it, what I don't get is that if you get sucked into the song, you'll only miss about 1 minute of RAW max. Songs and adverts are ~ the same in length. That solves all your problems. If it's during a match that we get a commercial, you stick a 3 minute song on, post in the discussion thread, it'll be over in no time and then you go back to RAW.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Adverts are ALWAYS over 4 minutes.
And that's why I watch RAW on record :)

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I read it, what I don't get is that if you get sucked into the song, you'll only miss about 1 minute of RAW max. Songs and adverts are ~ the same in length. That solves all your problems. If it's during a match that we get a commercial, you stick a 3 minute song on, post in the discussion thread, it'll be over in no time and then you go back to RAW.

Yeah but if I listen to one song I then get tempted by another, then another and so on... Especially when you turn off the music and see that it's some crappy match, I'd just end up getting lost with the music.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Lord R'Albin said:
I did and totally agreed with all of it!

:win:

Thank you!

Crayo said:

I was about to reply to this, but then I read R'Albin's response. He and I apparently have the same issue. lol I love music anyway. If I were to put on a Spotify playlist, I wouldn't stop it after just one song. Even if I were to do it on YouTube, I'd wind up playing one song after another. So it's just not feasible to me. I get too lost in the music. lol I'd either forget about Raw completely, or like R'Albin said, I'd stop the music just to be disappointed in the TV and go back to music the rest of the night.

Like I said though, not arguing with you. I can see how that option would be a good alternative for you and others. It's just that if I want to watch Raw -- and I do, even if it's not the greatest right now -- then I can't listen to music in between.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Umm.... The fact is that you should actually enjoy the show itself... The very face this discussion exists is a big time fail for WWE

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
I can't play music for a little bit, then stop. If I start playing it, I'll wind up sitting there getting caught up in listening to music the entire time and not watch any of Raw. I had to comment every time there was a commercial break just to bug you in case you were paying attention to my posts though. ;) I know this has been an ongoing gripe, so I would do a quick comment just to mention we were in another commercial break, and sometimes to gripe about seeing the same commercials over and over during one show.

I'm kind of with Rain on this one. I know he exaggerated to make a point, but the fact remains that it's not the commercial breaks themselves so much as their frequency that grates on my nerves. I understand WWE's standpoint in doing it, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. I'd rather watch a match ad-free and have them advertise before and/or after rather than interrupt a match just to go to commercial. Plus, as mentioned, it's the commercial break, limited actual TV time, then bam -- another commercial. That's what gets annoying.

Still, I understand their point in doing it that way. I also understand that -- for you -- music works as a way to get through those ads. However, it's not for everyone. I would rather sit there watching all the matches and bearing through the commercials while doing other things -- chatting, browsing online, getting up to do something else around the house, etc. For me, the music thing just isn't really a viable option. So I'll just keep doing my own thing and bitching about the commercials at random, just to give me something else to gripe about. ;)

(Now who actually read this long ramble?)

I totally agree with you here! Shucks, I must admitt I enjoy watching RAW. I dont enjoy violence too much (hence why I don't watch SD, go figure, huh), but I only see WWE once a week and it brings different elements than what I see in other events I attend

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just listen to an epic rock song to make the stupidest matches(i.e. Santino VS blah blah blah) to make it epic.