Pro Wrestling/Sports Entertainment.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
While i was watching come old Strikeforce fights on tv, I got to thinking and continuily asked myself, Who would be able to make the transition to Sports Entertainment... i.e Wrestling.

Everyone always talks about guys who have transitioned from wrestling to MMA like Lesnar and Lashley and hell even guys like Kid Kash and Rodney Mack are giving it a go. But i was thinking, who do you guys think would be able to make the transition the other way, and more than that... be successful?

Most decent wrestlers have good charisma, as well as skills... So yeah... Who do you guys think could do it successfully?

Wrestling Station

remember Ken Shamrock? He came to WWF for a while before going back to UFC.

For WWE, you should know how to throw a punch without hurting your opponent, so for MMA fighters, it would be SUPER difficult for them as they are trained for a decade on how to put a force behind their punches.

And most importantly, the MMA fighters have pride that they will look bad if they go from the real fighting world to the fake show world. They wont accept it, neither their families and friends and fans obviously.

MikeRaw

Obviously, Brock Lesnar could go back to pro wrestling, seeing as that's what he did before.
I think Rampage could be succesful in sports entertainment as well. He's obviously got good charisma.
And I could see GSP being a cruiserweight or something...

Switchy

Reaction score
Rampage Jackson is definately one I gotta agree and there are some others who I could name but I don't think no-one in MMA would really make to much of an impact in pro wrestling.

Here are some more who could possibly do something:

Randy Couture - Similar mould to Kurt Angle physically but I think he would last a year at the most in pro wrestling and would probably get stale quickly.

Chuck Liddell - Would make a good face and possibly a good heel if used as a heels bodyguard or something like that. He has the unique look that would work well in wrestling and think he'd have no trouble with getting pops or heat from the crowd.

Matt Serra - Would make a pretty good "I'm better than you" type heel if you ask me and I think he could play the character kinda well. Don't think he'd fare too well as a face and would have an overall 50/50 chance of success.

Cung Le - His kicks and stuff would make him a good face for a while but I'd see the amusement wearing off after a while, kinda like R-Truth.

Rashad Evans - I see this guy making an amazing "cocky type" heel he could easily radiate heat if you ask me. If he was to switch to pro wrestling I think he'd get some success sooner or later.

Matt Hughes - I'm not sure about this one at all but I think he could possibly do well in an underdog role but it could be extremely shit too on the other hand so I dunno.

That's all of the ones I can think of right now.

xtremebadass

I think Rampage would be the whole package for WWE. He had a great gimmick, a great image, the intimidation factor is there, and the guy has a reputation for hurting people. That guy would be an awesome superstar.

Guys like Anderson Silva, Matt Hughes, even Randy Couture, just wouldn't work, they're too plain. Chuck Liddell maybe, but I still don't see it.

MTG

Reaction score
The only guys who i think would have the personality to be a wrestler are
Rampage Jackson, Michael Bisbing, Rashad evans (would play the cocky heel), clay guida (for some reason reminds me of ricky ortiz)

xtremebadass

YES! Ricky Ortiz reference!!!

BJ Penn could also be a great heel in WWE. He is just a natural heel in life, so that would be perfect.

Wrestling Station

Tito Ortiz would be a hell of a douche in the WWE.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Lyoto Machida would be a definite face if he was in the WWE. Just watching about Machida on UFC 98 Countdown realized that he could easily go over with the WWE universe. His personality could easily make him as that "determined" face that doesn't have run his mouth on promos and just beats that ass in the ring. His will and passion to win would easily go over.

straight_edge76

Rampage always seemed like a professional wrestler type imo to be totally honest.