Pro Wrestling Revolution

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Teel614

Reaction score
Backstory
At the end of 2008 Shane McMahon left World Wrestling Entertainment after a dispute with his father Vince McMahon over the direction in which the company was heading. Shane quickly started his own promotion Pro Wrestling Revolution and secured a TV Deal directly competing against the WWE's Flagship program Monday Night Raw, with a TV Deal in place Shane bought out the contracts of several top WWE and TNA Wrestlers and brought in several top independent workers. The world of professional wrestling is about to change forever.

Roster
AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Brian Kendrick
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho
Chris Sabin
Christopher Daniels
CM Punk
Edge
Jeff Hardy
John Morrison
Ken Kennedy
Jimmy Jacobs
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade
Matt Hardy
Matt Sydal
MVP
Paul London
Petey Williams
Randy Orton
Raven
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
William Regal

Staff
Becky Bayless - Backstage Announcer
Bryce Remsberg - Referee
Dave Prazak - Announcer
Lenny Leonard - Announcer
Maria - Backstage Announcer
Paul Turner - Referee
Shane McMahon - Owner

Champions

PWR Global Champion
Current - Vacant

PWR National Champion
Current - Alex Shelley
Defeated: Brian Kendrick, Matt Sydal, and Jimmy Jacobs to become the first National Champion

PWR Tag Team Champions
Current - Vacant​

The Anigma

Reaction score
First and foremost, welcome to the BTB section.

Secondly, I think your backstory is decent. I think it would be much better if you were to go into more detail as to how Shane secured a TV deal and with what money did he buy out TNA and WWE superstars' contracts. It's hard to believe such WWE main eventers like Edge, HBK and RKO would just leave the company.

You have a very good roster though and you can do a lot of things with those superstars. I'll be checking out your show.

Feel free to check out The Commencement if you'd like.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Pretty basic, but it looks aight.

I'll check back in whenever I can.

therazar

Reaction score
I like your roster and how they're all good at wrestling instead of big giants like Great Khali. I don't see many options though for Raven. I will be reviewing your first show. Good luck.

Evil Austin

Looks good-- You have a good roster to work with; welcome to the section. You did have a pretty basic back story that was used up many times though all in all the shows are what matters and Ill drop by a review.

Reaction score
The backstory is almost pointless. It gives me the impression you will focus on putting together top class matches as priority.

And that theory is supported by your excellent roster. Very little gimmicky crap and a throng of top class wrestlers. For that, I look forward to your shows and PPVs.

Teel614

Reaction score
ProWrestlingRevolution.com Breaking News!

PWR Officials are excited to announce that tonight on Adrenaline will mark the beginning of a sixteen man tournament that will culminate at Ascension to crown the very first PWR Global Champion.

The first round matches are as follows:

Edge vs Matt Hardy
CM Punk vs John Morrison
Shawn Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin
MVP vs Ken Kennedy
Bryan Danielson vs Lance Cade
Kurt Angle vs Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

In other Adrenaline news PWR will crown it's first champion this week as the PWR National Champion will be crowned in a four man elimination match.

Don't miss the first jam packed episode of Adrenaline which will feature:

Road To Glory First Round Matches:
Edge vs Matt Hardy
CM Punk vs John Morrison
MVP vs Ken Kennedy

PWR National Title Elimination Match:
Jimmy Jacobs vs Alex Shelley vs Matt Sydal vs Brian Kendrick

Teel614

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling Revolution
Adrenaline January 5th, 2009

-------------------
Opening Segment
-------------------

Fireworks engulf the stage as the camera zooms around the arena showing the thousands of rabid fans that have packed in the arena to see the debut of Pro Wrestling Revolution. After several moments the camera zooms in to the announce table where Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard are positioned.

Dave Prazak: Welcome everyone to Pro Wrestling Revolution I am Dave Prazak alongside my colleague Lenny Leonard.

Lenny Leonard: Thank you Dave, and it is great to be here tonight for the debut of Pro Wrestling Revolution, We have one exciting show lined up for you here tonight.

Here Comes The Money!

David Penzer: Please welcome the owner of Pro Wrestling Revolution Shane McMahon!

Shane wastes no time as he busts through the curtain to a huge pop from the live crowd, he quickly makes his way down the ramp and fives the fans in the aisle way as he approaches ringside. McMahon walks up the steps and enters the ring taking the Microphone from Penzer.

Shane McMahon: I don't want to take up to much of everyones time and just wanted to come out here and thank everyone for supporting Pro Wrestling Revolution I promise you I will do my best to bring you the best wrestling show in the world! Every great promotion champions someone to represent them so tonight marks the beginnings of a sixteen man tournament to crown the man that will represent PWR the winner will become the first Global Champion, and here are the brackets for this exciting tournament with four of the matches taking place tonight and the final four next week.

Road To Glory Tournament
Edge vs Matt Hardy
CM Punk vs John Morrison
MVP vs Ken Kennedy
Bryan Danielson vs Lance Cade
Kurt Angle vs Christopher Daniels
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

Besides the Global title we will also crown PWR Tag Team Champions next week here on Adrenaline in a tag team turmoil match open to any team that chooses to enter and a PWR National Champion winch will be crowned right now in a four man elimination match.

commercialbanner2.png

----------------------------------------------------------------
XWA National Championship
Matt Sydal vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Alex Shelley vs Brian Kendrick
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The start of the match saw long time rivals Jimmy Jacobs and Alex Shelley brawl from the bell to the outside, as the slugged it out Sydal and Kendrick exchanged holds and counter holds with neither man able to get a distinct advantage. Eventually Jacobs and Shelley get back into the ring as Kendrick and Jacobs begin to work as a team as they target the neck of Matt Sydal after a super kick to Sydals face Kendrick grabs him by the head and runs up the turnbuckle delivering the Sliced Bread #2. Following the impact of the move Kendrick rolls back to his feet and as he goes for the cover Jacobs comes up from behind him and takes him down to the mat with a schoolboy he hooks the tights as the referee counts the pin One....Two....Three!

David Penzer: Brian Kendrick has been eliminated!

Brian Kendrick is irate as he makes his way to the back a cocky smirk comes over Jacobs face as he hooks Sydals leg One...Two...No! Sydal kicks out. Shelley gets back into the ring and begins to brawl with Jacobs as they exchange right hands completely oblivious to the fact that Sydal has climbed to the top rope. Sydal leaps into the air and delivers a missile dropkick planting one foot into the chest of each man and Jacobs rolls out of the ring following the move. Sydal lifts shelley off the mat and nails him with the here it is driver One....Two.....No! Sydal is clearly frustrated as he climbs to the top rope and delivers a shooting star press. One...Two...No! as the referees hand was coming down for the three Jacobs delivered a back senton from the top rope onto Sydals back. Jacobs covers Sydal One....Two...Three!

David Penzer: Matt Sydal has been eliminated!

Jacobs immediately covers Shelley One...Two...No! Shelley gets his Shoulder up to the dismay of Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs drags Shelley up by the hair and hooks him by the neck and runs up the ropes attempting the Contra Code. Shelley is able to flip him over his head as Jacobs lands on his feet Shelley delivers a kick to the midsection then hooks him in the small package. One...Two...Three!

David Penzer: Jimmy Jacobs has been eliminated! Your winner of the match and NEW! PWR National Champion! Alex Shelley!

Shelley slides out of the ring as he makes his way up the stage where Shane McMahon has come out through the curtain and meets Shelley on top of the entrance way and awards him the title he celebrates as Jimmy stares in disbelief. As Shelley makes his way through the curtain Jacobs yanks the microphone away from David Penzer.

Jimmy Jacobs: Alex Shelley, this isn't over! I have hated you since the moment we broke into this business together. Mark my words Alex I will get my revenge!

commercialbanner2.png

------------------
Backstage Promo
------------------

Becky Bayless: I am standing by with Matt Hardy, Matt coming up next you are involved in the first Road To Glory Tournament match against Edge. What are your thoughts going into this match up?

Matt Hardy: Well me and Edge have been through a lot through the years wether it be Tables, Ladders, Chairs, or Cages we have done it all but none of those matches have been as important as tonights match up. Tonight I put Edge behind me once and for all, and after that i will go on to write my name in the history books as the first ever PWR Global Champion!

Becky Bayless: Well Matt seems fired up tonight, lets see if he can back up that claim in the ring.

--------------------------------------
Road To Glory Tournament - Round 1
Edge vs Matt Hardy
---------------------------------------

Matt takes ad vantage of the match early on by working over the head of Edge as he attempts to soften up for the twist of fate. Matt is in full control as he takes Edge down with a body slam before ascending to the top rope, as he gets to the top Edge gets to his feet and crotches him and Matt goes crashing hard to the canvas. Edge drops down and hooks the leg as the referee slides into position. One.....Two....No!

Leonard: That was a cheap move by Edge, he almost stole this one from Matt Hardy.

Prazak: Edge is an opportunist Lenny he will do whatever it takes to win

Edge controls the match for a while and pulls Matt up off of the canvas and hooks him by the head and lifts him up into the air looking for the impaler ddt. Matt knees him in the gut and wraps him up by the neck and delivers the side effest he covers him One.....Two.......No! Edge gets his foot on the bottom rope.

Matt lifts Edge up off the canvas and is looking for the twist of fate, as he twists around Edge pushes Matt hard into the turnbuckles chest first which knock the breath out of Hardy. Edge crouches in the opposite corner sizing up Matt with that demented look in his eyes, Matt turns around and Edge charges him nailing him with the spear he covers One....Two....THREE!

David Penzer: Your Winner of this match and advancing in the Road To Glory Tournament "The Rated-R Superstar" Edge!

Edge quickly exits the ring mocking the fans as the show fades to Commercial

commercialbanner2.png

------------------
Backstage Promo
------------------

We are taken backstage to a dark and dimly lit area of the arena as the camera zooms around the area a dark figure is seen in the corner as the camera zooms in and it quickly becomes apparent that man is Raven who looks up and stares directly into the camera.

Raven: What about me! What about Raven! Once again i am looked over just like I have been all my life, I have been wrestling all over this world and I am still left out of the Road To Glory Tournament, but you can all believe me when I say I will have my glory! Quote The Raven Nevermore!

We fade away back to ringside where the next match is about to be underway.

John Morrison vs CM Punk

Morrison takes control of the match from the early going as he works over the midsection with knees and punches in the corner. John continues to work over Punk as he takes him down with a suplex he floats over for the cover One...Two...No! Punk gets his foot on the bottom rope.

Leonard: What resilience shown by Punk.

Prazak: Punk has been champion all over the place it is going to take more than a suplex to put him away with a suplex.

Morrison lifts him up and goes for the midnight drive however Punk pushes him away and pushes him into the corner. Punk charges in with a high knee to the face followed up with a running bulldog. He goes for the cover One....Two.....No!

Punk lifts Morrison up and slaps him in the face followed up by a spinning backfist then a kick to the temple and then a kick to the temple. The kick sends Morrison stumbling back into the ropes and Punk slams him down with the Uranage and rolls over locking in the anaconda vice, Morrison tries desperately to reach the ropes but is unsuccessful but is unable to hold on and quickly taps out.

David Penzer: Your winner of the match and advancing in the Road To Glory Tournament CM Punk!

Punk celebrates with the fans as we fade once again to the back.

commercialbanner2.png

Ken Kennedy vs MVP

MVP controls the early part of the match following a thumb to the eye, MVP controls Kennedy for a while and works over the neck hitting several neck breakers. MVP picks him up off the canvas and whips him into the ropes MVP bounces off the opposite ropes and nails him with a lariat One....Two....No!

Leonard: MVP nearly took his head off with that hard clothesline i don't know how Kennedy kicked out.

Prazak: MVP is taking this match very seriously, He wants to be the first ever PWR Global Champion.

MVP awaits Kennedy to get to his feet and as he gets to his knees and goes for the drive by kick, Kennedy is able to avoid it and takes MVP down with the school boy the referee slides into position One....Two....No! MVP kicks out much to the disbelief of Kennedy.

Both men get back to their feet and begin to trade rights, Kennedy gets the advantage with a kick to the midsection and sets him up for the mic check. MVP squirms out and school boys Kennedy, MVP reaches back and throws his legs up on the middle rope for leverage the referee doesn't notice and begins the count One...Two....Three!

David Penzer: Your winner of the match and advancing in the Road to Glory Tournament MVP!

MVP quickly gets out of the ring and leaves a visibly pissed off Kennedy in the ring.

commercialbanner2.png

------------------
Backstage Promo
------------------

Shelton Benjamin: Tonight Is the biggest night of my life, Tonight I am in the main event of the very first Pro Wrestling Revolution show against a legend in this business in "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels. Shawn I have respected you since I first broke into this business. However, I am willing to go through you and anyone they put in front of me. I have alot to prove to myself and everyone here in PWR. I am The Gold Standard and I am the Future PWR Global Champion.

------------------------------------------
Road To Glory Tournament - Opening Round
Shelton Benjamin vs Shawn Michaels
------------------------------------------

Shelton controls the early part of the match by charging in and hitting him with the splash in the corner before the bell. Shelton immediately hits the T-bone suplex on Michaels and drops down as the bell rings and goes for the cover One.....Two.....No! Michaels kicked out at the last second.

Prazak: Benjamin just came out guns blazing and nearly defeated him in record time.

Leonard: These fans don't apreciate that cheap attack by Benjamin, they are really letting him have it.

Shelton relentlessly attacks Michaels with stomps and works over the body of Michaels and goes for the cover at every attempt to no avail. Benjamin goes for a back suplex but Michaels flips backwards and nails Benjamin with an atomic drop. Michaels then lifts him up and hits the suplex.

HBK ascends to the top rope and out of nowhere Benjamin pops up and nails a belly to belly off the top rope and both men are down. Remsberg reaches the count of eight and Michaels is just getting to his feet only slightly after Benjamin. Shelton goes for the Gold Rush but Michaels pushes him away and hits the sweet chin music and goes for the cover One..Two...Three!

David Penzer: Your winner of the match and advancing in the Road To Glory Tournament "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Shawn celebrates in the ring as the brackets appear on the screen, HBK goes into the crowd and celebrates with the PWR fans as the show goes off the air.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any feedback would be great, I will post shows whenever i have them finished not necessarily every Monday. Also I plan on sticking to this format for weekly shows and will go into more detail for Pay Per Views.

therazar

Reaction score
Well I like the way you do your matches. It is nicce and really easy read. After I started reading this i realize this is one of my favorites here. I don't think any of the matches were bad or spectacular but enjoyable. Really like the way this was put togeather. Good job, ****.