• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pro Wrestling Noah Discussion Thread

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

“CYBERFIGHT FESTIVAL 2022”, 12/06/2022
Saitama Super Arena

0. STARTING BATTLE KICKOFF ~ DDT Provided Tag Match: Muscle Sakai & Yukio Naya Vs Soma Takao & Kazuki Hirata
0. STARTING BATTLE 2 ~ TJPW Provided 10-Woman Tag Match: Hyper Misao, Yuki Aino, Raku, Pom Harajuku & Haruna Neko Vs Nao Kakuta, Mahiro Kiryu, Moka Miyamoto, Arisu Endo & Kaya Toribami
0. STARTING BATTLE 3 ~ DDT Vs Ganbare☆Pro Battle: Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai & Hideki Okatani Vs Ken Ohka, Yuna Manase & Mizuki Watase
1. NOAH Vs DDT Battle: Kinya Okada & Kai Fujimura Vs Toi Kojima & Yuya Koroku
2. TJPW Provided 6-Woman Tag Match: Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh & Juria Nagano Vs Hikari Noa, Suzume & Yuki Arai
3. DDT Provided 8-Man Tag Match: Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Akito Vs Sanshiro Takagi, Kendo Kashin, Shinya Aoki & Yumiko Hotta
4. Princess Of Princess Title Next Challenger Decision 4 Way Match: Rika Tatsumi Vs Mizuki Vs Yuki Kamifuku Vs Miu Watanabe
5. NOAH Provided 10-Man Tag Match: Takashi Sugiura, Kazuyuki Fujita, Masa Kitamiya, Daiki Inaba & Shuhei Taniguchi Vs Michael Elgin, Rene Dupree, El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr., Simon Gotch & X
6. DDT Provided 8-Man Tag Match: HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura, Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi Vs Yuki Ueno, Shunma Katsumata, MAO & Asuka
7. NOAH Provided 6-Man Tag Match: Rob Van Dam, Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA Vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada & YO-HEY
8. NOAH Vs DDT Battle: Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama & Kazusada Higuchi Vs Naomichi Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge & Yoshiki Inamura
9. NOAH Vs DDT Battle ~ Special Single Match: Kenoh Vs Daisuke Sasaki
10. Princess Of Princess Title: Shoko Nakajima (c) Vs Yuka Sakazaki
11. GHC Heavyweight Title: Go Shiozaki (c) Vs Satoshi Kojima

According to Satoshi Kojima “various coincidences” led him to challenging for the GHC Heavyweight Title. He believes it is inevitable he will win the championship. Go Shiozaki is only thinking about defending the title and is not letting the grand occasion get to him.

The Princess Of Princess Title match has been decided. Shoko Nakajima nominates Yuka Sakazaki as her challenger. Her reason is because Sakazaki and Miyu Yamashita are seen as the two top wrestlers in Tokyo Joshi Pro. Nakajima thinks she has to beat both of them in championship matches in order to finally surpass them. Also Sakazaki is currently wrestling in the United States so she is going to come back a much stronger wrestler than before. If that is not enough, Nakajima remembers when she lost to Sakazaki in their previous Princess Title match together in Sumo Hall back in 2019. So there is a little bit of revenge fueling this decision. Nakajima is certain this will be the best match of her career so far and it makes her happy that it will happen at a big venue like Saitama Super Arena.

At the press conference for this show Kenoh went off the handle over NOAH having to share the spotlight with the rest of the CyberFight promotions. The one thing that pissed him off in particular is the back page advert on every issue of Weekly Pro-Wrestling magazine always being reserved for DDT, TJPW and Ganbare☆Pro instead of NOAH. He decided it is now up to him to advertise NOAH and he did so by attacking Daisuke Sasaki. He gave Sasaki a Diving Double Stomp off of a table and then set his boot on fire to deliver a flaming kick to Sasaki’s head!

The idea to put Kazusada Higuchi on the same team as two BURNING wrestlers did not make him happy. He doesn’t understand why he has to team up with Tetsuya Endo & Jun Akiyama so he is going to beat NOAH his own way instead of with them. Akiyama is trying to get him on the same page because they will need to co-exist in order to beat any team with Naomichi Marufuji on it. Endo is ready to fight even though he does not have a KO-D Openweight Title defence on the card. He is excited to use his genius to overthrow Marufuji. However Marufuji is more interested in seeing how Atsushi Kotoge & Yoshiki Inamura will fare against the DDT team. Inamura wants to get revenge for his disappointing performance against Akiyama at Budokan Hall two years ago. Kotoge is carrying the weight of NOAH’s Jr. Heavyweight division by taking part in this match.

Kaito Kiyomiya is thankful for the opportunity to wrestle against a world class athlete like Rob Van Dam. He wants to show fans all over the world the power of this generation of Japanese pro wrestling.

The mystery X wrestler in the NOAH 10-Man Tag Match will be revealed on 7th June.

The winner of the TJPW 4 Way Match will get a Princess Title shot at “SUMMER SUN PRINCESS ’22” in Ota Ward Gymnasium on 9th July.

———————————————————————–

So now that is all out of the way, let’s try and figure this out because the full card leaves me scratching my head. Sakazaki getting the Princess Title shot was correctly guessed by some online when nobody came out to challenge Nakajima at the end of TJPW’s last Korakuen Hall show. Those people figured out that Sakazaki probably would have walked down to the ring had she not suddenly got a flight to catch. Also the last time Sakazaki challenge for the Princess Title was at the previous CyberFight Festival one year ago. It’s a good matchup, probably even a great matchup but one that feels too familiar because we’re cycling through the same faces again. The addition of a 4 Way Match to pick the next contender is a fresh idea. Even if the likely result is Rika Tatsumi or Mizuki winning, either of them against Nakajima for a singles title hasn’t been done yet. Mizuki becoming the next Princess Champion would be a long time coming in my opinion and would break the Cycle Of The Three Princesses. However Tatsumi winning and becoming champ would turn it into the Cycle Of The Four Princesses. It doesn’t really solve the problem that the Princess Title will remain focused on the same people as always.

Next, there’s no KO-D Title match? Tetsuya Endo’s position on the show is for an All-Star DDT Vs NOAH trios match, which isn’t bad per se but still leaves the top of the card looking a little lackluster. For the moment his next schedule title defence is not until August. June will be focused on the King Of DDT tournament so unless he finds an opponent for July the KO-D Title is going to be iced for most of the summer. I don’t know if a plan fell through or if the timing of this show just doesn’t give them much material to work with. Was there nobody on the NOAH side they could get for an interpromotional title match who would be happy to put someone else over? Oh wait…… Yeah don’t answer that.

I will say the build for Sasaki Vs Kenoh has been great so far and is an inspired choice for a big DDT Vs NOAH singles match. Watch their angle at the press conference because it’s not just the fire spot that was good about it. Kenoh being the Frank Grimes to DDT’s Homer Simpson can carry the concept of CyberFight Festival by itself for years to come. There’s one problem though. Where on earth is the rest of Kongo? Their only other involvement in the build up to the show is a preview 6-Man Tag match against DAMNATION T.A on the 30th May NOAH event. Something weird is going on if most of the group is not at Saitama Super Arena on 12th June. Imagine if they gatecrash Osaka Jo Hall on behalf of NOAH that day instead?

Kazusada Higuchi Vs Yoshiki Inamura is also happening on the 30th May show to build up their trios match. Might be a sign there is truth to the rumours that the top people in CyberFight weren’t happy about the lack of crossover between NOAH and DDT while NOSAWA Rongai was in charge of NOAH’s match making. Their complaint was why should they spend so much time and resources building bridges with New Japan and DRAGONATE when DDT is right there beside them? I’d be certain of it if more interpromotional matches take place after CyberFight Festival concludes. There’s a whole summer of tournaments coming up for both promotions that need fresh names added to it.

The lack of major crossover between the four promotions is the last problem I have about the lineup. The self-contained matches aren’t that bad on paper, I mean my God look at that Pheromones match. That wouldn’t be out of place on any DDT supershow even with the special guests on Sanshiro Takagi’s team. The TJPW trios match and the DDT Vs NOAH rookies match should both be fun. Eruption Vs Ganpro is a match I think would turn out so much better if it was in Korakuen Hall with one team having the audience on their side (Ganpro as the home team would make the most sense in this situation). I would have loved to see more TJPW Vs Ganbare☆Joshi or even a mixed tag of some sort to get NOAH and TJPW interacting with each other. That CyberFight advert with Kenoh and Mizuki positioned next to each other looking like bratty siblings has been stuck in my head ever since I first saw it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexa

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Rene Dupree & Dr. Wagner Jr.: "You're looking at the cream!"​

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Reactions: Necro

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
NOAH Results: N Innovation 2022 Day 3 – Yokohama, Japan (5/14)

The following results are from a recent Pro Wrestling NOAH event. The event took place on May 14th, 2022 at the Radiant Hall in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan.

Singles Match
Kinya Okada vs. Junta Miyawaki went to a 15 minute time limit draw.

6 Man Tag Team Match
Atsushi Kotoge, Alejandro & Hao defeated Hajime Ohara, Hi69 & Tadasuke.

Tag Team Match
Extreme Tiger & YO-HEY defeated Kai Fujimura & HAYATA.

Singles Match
Chris Ridgeway defeated Seiki Yoshioka.

Tag Team Match
Yuya Susumu & Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Simon Gotch & Yoshinari Ogawa.

Singles Match
Daisuke Harada defeated H.Y.O.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Interesting fact about the Go Shiozaki v Satoshi Kojima match that is coming up. If Kojima wins then he would be the second person to have ever win the main belts of the Japan's top promotions, AJPW, NJPW, and NOAH and has held the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. The first person to do all of this was The Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh. Also follow up fact that is kind of cool, if he can win NOAH's tag belts then he would have also won every tag belt in the 3 Majors as well as NWA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Apparently some Joshi from TJPW have been getting harassed and stalked, so CyberFight the company that owns NOAH, DDT, TJPW etc tweeted on all of their different company accounts threatening to sue people for harassing their wrestlers.

Japan passed laws after the Hana Kimura suicide about cyber bullying and I guess CyberFight are going to use those laws to try and get the weirdos to knock it off.

Apparently one of the worst offenders have tweeted at a couple of Joshi over 3000 times in the last month, including threatening bringing a sword to a TJPW show to kill them and the guy showed them pictures of his sword collection.

Weirdos, simping ain't easy.

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apparently some Joshi from TJPW have been getting harassed and stalked, so CyberFight the company that owns NOAH, DDT, TJPW etc tweeted on all of their different company accounts threatening to sue people for harassing their wrestlers.

Japan passed laws after the Hana Kimura suicide about cyber bullying and I guess CyberFight are going to use those laws to try and get the weirdos to knock it off.

Apparently one of the worst offenders have tweeted at a couple of Joshi over 3000 times in the last month, including threatening bringing a sword to a TJPW show to kill them and the guy showed them pictures of his sword collection.

Weirdos, simping ain't easy.

Wish I didn't read your second to last paragraph at all what the fuck

Reactions: FatBagzJones

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
What the fuck is wrong with this whole japan cyber bullying. That is just disgusting, bringing a fuck sword to wrestling show, what the fuck is that...

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
NOAH Results: Dream On 2022 Day 3 – Yokohama, Japan (5/19)

The following results are from a recent Pro Wrestling NOAH event. The event took place on May 19th, 2022 at the Radiant Hall in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan.

Tag Team Match
Extreme Tiger & YO-HEY defeated Alejandro & Hao.

Singles Match
Rene Dupree vs. Michael Elgin went to a double countout.

10 Man Tag Team Match
Hajime Ohara, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Tadasuke & Hi69 defeated Kinya Okada, Junta Miyawaki, Yoshiki Inamura, Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotoge.

Singles Match
Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Simon Gotch.

6 Man Tag Team Match
Stinger (Chris Ridgeway, Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA) defeated Kai Fujimura, Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu via disqualification.

Singles Match
El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. defeated Masa Kitamiya.

Tag Team Match
Naomichi Marufuji & Satoshi Kojima defeated Go Shiozaki & Daiki Inaba.

Reactions: Alexa