Pro Wrestling NEXUS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
logo1oxjff.png

Pro Wrestling NEXUS is a BTB that is inspired by Kif's randomized Wrestlingcards thread. In this
BTB, I will simulate all matches with a program called "Pro Wrestling Nexus" and continue with
the results the program is giving me. So this is not exactly a fully written out BTB, but more like
a fast travel through years of a parallel Wrestling Universe.

In this world Pro Wrestling NEXUS is a new promotion started by the Global Wrestling Alliance.
Think of the GWA as the NWA during the territorial time of our world. A system of individual
regionally operating promotions, which has now with PW NEXUS one combined promotion above.
Basically the Major League of Wrestling, while the GWA promotions are now the "Minors".

You guys sent me lists to determine the participants and seeding of the Pro Wrestling NEXUS
World Heavyweight Title Tournament and I want to thank you all once again for your help.

Now, for transparency reasons. How the seeding procedure works is pretty simple. First of all,
I arranged the Workers after their highest placing on anyone's list. That means if someone is
on a #1, even if he's only named once, he's automatically higher seeded than a Worker who was
named multiple times without achieving a first place.
Also the highest place on anyone's list determines in which region the Worker was placed. For
example Seth Rollins was on a 2nd place in WWE Post-2003, while he was on a 4th place in the
US Indy/ROH category, so he went into the WWE Post-2003 region.

The seeding for the REGIONAL ROUNDS
(WWE Pre-2003)

tournament_midwesthljiy.png

Workers that will compete to qualify for the 1st Round:
(Listed in order of the seeding procedure)

Edge ; Randy Savage ; Dink the Clown ; Duke Droese ;
Owen Hart ; British Bulldog ; Big Bossman ; Kane

(WWE Post-2003)
tournament_northeast6bjjg.png

Randy Orton ; Bo Dallas ; Seth Rollins ; Cesaro ; The Undertaker ; Matt Morgan ;
Shelton Benjamin ; Shawn Michaels ; Batista ; Alexander Wolfe ; Sami Zayn ;
Tommasso Ciampa ; Big E ; Sheamus ; A-Kid ; Bron Breakker

(WCW)
tournament_southeastlgkr3.png

Stan Lane ; Sid Vicious ; Lex Luger ; Diamond Dallas Page ; Brian Pillman ;
Kevin Nash ; Perry Saturn ; Vader ; Scott Steiner ; Booker T ; Hulk Hogan ;
Scott Hall ; La Parka ; Ron Simmons ; Ricky Steamboat ; Arn Anderson ; David Flair

(TNA/Impact)
tournament_southvdj0i.png

Christopher Daniels ; Bobby Roode ; Christian Cage ; Eric Young ; Garrett Bischoff ;
Petey Williams ; Ron Killings ; Mr. Anderson ; Austin Aries ; Abyss ; Eddie Edwards ;
Doug Williams ; Manik ; Bully Ray

(AEW)
tournament_mountainnqk3f.png

Chris Jericho ; Luther ; Cody ; Miro ; Joey Janela ; PAC ; Marko Stunt ;
Adam Cole ; Eddie Kingston ; Ray Fenix ; MJF ; Wheeler Yuta ; Ricky Starks ;
Pentagon Jr. ; Dan Lambert ; Tony Nese ; Sammy Guevara ; Darby Allin

(ECW)
tournament_greatlakesfgjxq.png

Rhyno ; Taz ; Raven ; The Sandman ; Chris Candido ; Lance Storm ; Sign Guy Dudley ;
Sabu ; Tajiri ; New Jack ; Shane Douglas ; Justin Credible ; Steve Corino

(US Indy/ROH)
tournament_pacificcoauojge.png

Jonathan Gresham ; Kevin Steen ; Cedric Alexander ; Low Ki ; Greg Excellent ;
Mark Haskins ; RUSH ; Chris Sabin ; Lio Rush ; Jay Briscoe ; Nigel McGuinness ;
Myron Reed ; Matt Cross ; Shane Strickland

(Japan)
tournament_japanhkj78.png

Tetsuya Naito ; Hirooki Goto ; Keiji Mutoh ; Zack Sabre Jr. ; Jeff Cobb ; Shinsuke Nakamura ;
Akira Taue ; Naomichi Marufuji ; Will Ospreay ; Ultimo Dragon ; Stan Hansen ; Jay White ;
Jun Akiyama ; Minoru Suzuki ; Shingo Takagi

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Placeholder #1

Reactions: Vegeta

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Placeholder #2

Reactions: Vegeta

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
How did I miss the announcement for these votes? I would have thrown in my faves

I'm sorry, Sky. I only posted it a couple of days ago in the BTB Discussion thread and only threw it one, two times into the Smarkbox. I didn't tag anyone specific or so.
Here's the link to my announcement:
https://wrestlingsmarks.com/threads/btb-discussion-thread.108178/page-6#post-2684260
You can still throw me your lists in my face. Even though I'm not going to change anything about the seeding, I can still add all the names I didn't already have somewhere. :)

Where are you finding the link to Nexus btw, everything is down

I have that program on a USB stick for years now, so I don't know where you can download it nowadays. I'll probably be able to send you the Installer though, if you want.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I'm sorry, Sky. I only posted it a couple of days ago in the BTB Discussion thread and only threw it one, two times into the Smarkbox. I didn't tag anyone specific or so.
Here's the link to my announcement:
https://wrestlingsmarks.com/threads/btb-discussion-thread.108178/page-6#post-2684260
You can still throw me your lists in my face. Even though I'm not going to change anything about the seeding, I can still add all the names I didn't already have somewhere. :)

I have that program on a USB stick for years now, so I don't know where you can download it nowadays. I'll probably be able to send you the Installer though, if you want.
Go ahead, I'm interested in something where I can just throw anyone at anyone and see who would win. I mean I do own Fire Pro but I don't understand how to get Workshop stuff visible

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
ROAD TO THE
slamjam2b_cropped_5004tjfe.png

PART I
(Start of the year 2020)
The Qualifying Process

Over the last weekend of March 2020 Pro Wrestling NEXUS will officially start up with their first
show(s), the PWN SlamJam Festival. From Friday to Sunday there will be some music and loads
of Wrestling, including the final rounds of the World Heavyweight Title Tournament, which start
with the round of the Last 16.

So now it is time to look into how the different regional Promotions want to determine their eight
competitors for the 1st Round of the Pro Wrestling NEXUS World Heavyweight Title Tournament.
All of them decided to run a different system over the next two and a half months for this.

Midwest Wrestling Promotions
(Midwest - WWE Pre-2003)

The MWP took the easy way out and announced that they'll put the top eight placed Wrestlers of
their end of the year 2019 "Midwest Power 25", that haven't already been seeded in the tournament,
randomly into that 1st Round. The official brackets look as follows.

tournament_midwest247k1a.png

Big Time Wrestling
(Northeast - WWE Post-2003)

In the Northeast it's also pretty simple since BTW declared 16 Wrestlers worthy of a possible
qualification to the 1st Round. Over January eight one-on-one Matches will occur during their
bi-weekly shows, with the winners advance to Round 1. The pairings are:

Shelton Benjamin vs. Seth Rollins
Sami Zayn vs. Big E
Randy Orton vs. Cesaro
A-Kid vs. Matt Morgan
Alexander Wolfe vs. Tommasso Ciampa
The Undertaker vs. Bron Breakker
Shawn Michaels vs. Sheamus
Bo Dallas vs. Batista

tournament_northeast43jrk.png

South Atlantic Pro Wrestling
(Southeast - WCW)

Now it gets a bit more interesting. SAPW decided to bring back an older tradition of the company,
but with a small twist to it. First off on the first show of the year there will be a match between the
returning David Flair and SAPW Television Champion Arn Anderson. This match was supposed to
happen back in October, but due to an injury David couldn't compete. Now, that he is back in action,
the promotion took away Anderson's secured spot in the qualifying round to battle David for it. The
winner of that match not only is SAPW TV Champion, but also in the next round.
And that next round is the actual beefy one. Sixteen participants were drawn into random Tag Teams,
who will compete in four Tag Team Matches. The partners of the winning teams will not only advance
to the 1st Round, but will face each other as well in said round. The drawn Tag Team matches are:

Kevin Nash & Perry Saturn vs. Scott Steiner & Vader
Ron Simmons & Diamond Dallas Page vs. Sid Vicious & Booker T
Hulk Hogan & Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat & Lex Luger
Stan Lane & (Anderson/Flair) vs. Scott Hall & La Parka

tournament_southeastpak88.png

American Wrestling Federation
(South - TNA/Impact)

It's a bit easier again in the South, where Christopher Daniels and Bobby Roode got freebies
for the qualifying round as former AWF Heavyweight Champions. The other six spots will be
filled with the winners of six one-on-one Matches. Those matches are:

Doug Williams vs. Eddie Edwards
Ron Killings vs. Petey Williams
Christian Cage vs. Manik
Abyss vs. Garrett Bischoff
Mr. Anderson vs. Eric Young
Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries

tournament_southf4jre.png

Western Mountains Wrestling
(Mountain - AEW)

Okay, let's get a bit wilder again. WMW decided to start the qualifying process with six Triple
Threat Matches, with the winners advance to Round 1. The twelve loses of those matches
enter two 6-Men Gauntlet Matches to determine the final to participants of the 1st Round.
The Triple Threat Matches are as follows:

Eddie Kingston vs. Wheeler Yuta vs. Marko Stunt
Chris Jericho vs. Adam Cole vs. Luther
Ray Fenix vs. Sammy Guevara vs. PAC
MJF vs. Miro vs. Ricky Starks
Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela vs. Cody
Dan Lambert vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Tony Nese

tournament_mountainfcknd.png

Pro Wrestling Underground
(Great Lakes - ECW)

PWU once again goes overboard. First of all Rhyno, as the current PWU Blood'n'Guts Champion,
got a freebie and doesn't have to qualify for the 1st Round. On the first show of the year PWU will
hold three Fatal 4-Way matches, each having a "Two Falls rule", which means the first two
competitors, who score a fall, advance to Round 1. Then, two weeks later on the next show,
the six losers fight for the last spot in the 1st Round in a Tables Elimination Match.
The three Fatal 4-Way matches were drawn like this:

Sign Guy Dudley vs. New Jack vs. Shane Douglas vs. Chris Candido
Taz vs. Justin Credible vs. Raven vs. Steve Corino
The Sandman vs. Tajiri vs. Sabu vs. Lance Storm

tournament_greatlakesiuk8v.png

Pacific Coast Pro Wrestling
(Pacific Coast - US Indy/ROH)

Due to PCPW having their annual Pacific Coast Spring Cup, the promotion decided to also
use it for the qualifying process in the PWN World Heavyweight Title Tournament. As per
usual fourteen Wrestlers were drawn into two pools of seven, who'll face each other in a
single Round Robin system. The four best placed Wrestlers of both group will advance to
the 1st Round, where their placement will be determined by their results in the Pool stage.
The two groups are:

Group A
Jay Briscoe
Low Ki
Mark Haskins
Greg Excellent
Nigel McGuinness
Jonathan Gersham
RUSH

Group B
Lio Rush
Shane Strickland
Matt Cross
Chris Sabin
Kevin Steen
Cedric Alexander
Myron Reed

tournament_pacificcoaagjiw.png

Wrestling Alliance Japan
(Japan)

Just like every year the WA:Japan holds it's New Year's Revolution event at the end of January.
The main attraction of this event is an Over the Top Rope Battle Royal match for a shot at the
WA:Japan Heavyweight Championship and this year the twenty already confirmed participants
are also fighting for the eight open spots in Round 1 of the World Heayvweight Title Tournament.
Well, actually not all twenty, because five of those are already seeded in the PWN tournament.
Of the other fifteen competitors of that Battle Royal, the eight Wrestler who were eliminated
last (and/or the winner, if one of them wins the match), enter the 1st Round. The order of
eliminations also determine who will face who in that 1st Round. The fifteen entrants, who
could possible qualify are:

Tetsuya Naito
Hirooki Goto
Keiji Mutoh
Zack Sabre Jr.
Jeff Cobb
Shinsuke Nakamura
Akira Taue
Naomichi Marufuji
Will Ospreay
Ultimo Dragon
Stan Hansen
Jay White
Jun Akiyama
Minoru Suzuki
Shingo Takagi

tournament_japank9kig.png

All matches/groups you see in this update were actually drawn randomly with a program.
All Wrestlers who got automatically entered into the 1st Round, were the best placed guys
behind the Top 6 of that Region, according to your lists.​