Predict How Well GFW Will Do

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
101203675b82e8a8cc6ef2078e4f8f11.png

With Jeff Jarrett saying GFW is about ready to launch, how well do you think it will do? Will it make the same mistakes as TNA?

Discuss.​

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He needs to get a few stars on the roster, along with really good young guys and a great TV deal. I'd say an easy way to build new stars is going for something like TNA in 2012, where they have a dominant heel champion, but then they build up a new young face in the X-Division or midcard in GFW, then have him overcome the odds and become Champion and face of GFW. And do a lot of talent swaps with international promotions. Go with that...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hard to predict.. I would have to say if they get a TV deal that's solid in addition to the financial backing they already have and will get they should do pretty well.. Another thing is if they do get a TV deal they should do it where there's an untapped market.. AKA Tuesdays on national television would be pretty nice.. whatever the situation may be I'll be there to watch it.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
What factors are we using to predict it's success or failure? The only thing I've seen about GFW is the fact that they have some global partners and they presented WK9. It's not exactly a lot to go on.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well as maybe the most loyal Jeff Jarrett fan around, I want to hope that it does well.

I'm thinking that if Jeff learned from the mistakes he's made in the past, he could do well. I like that he is using a similar talent strategy as TNA did in its earlier days, talent sharing and allowing non contracted wrestlers to perform.

I'm going to predict it'll be a solid fourth run promotion. If they keep the focus on match quality, which they should since it won't start off with the money or star power of WWE or TNA, they can build a solid foundation for future success. However it will take them a few years to really contend with TNA... contending with WWE is sort of far fetched.

I think one advantage is that even though I love Jeff Jarrett, he was a big spotlight hog in early TNA. I doubt, considering his age, that we'll ever see him as GFW champion. Without having himself in the mix, Jeff will likely be able to book a lot better than he did in early TNA.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
At this point I don't care for Jeff Jarrett or JeffW. I have Lucha Underground and New Japan on AXS TV pleasing me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Jeff Jarrett has reportedly been unable to secure a paid TV deal for his Global Force Wrestling promotion to air a weekly show.

Sources in the TV industry report that Jarrett has proposed a concept to at least one network, said to be a channel without full national clearance, and probably other networks. However, Jarrett has been unable to secure a deal for this concept also. Jarrett's idea is to do a test-run live special that would feature talents from the indies, AAA and New Japan Pro Wrestling under the GFW banner.

We've noted that Jarrett is expected to make some kind of announcement later this month.PWInsider reported earlier this month that GFW was expected to announce TV tapings for Las Vegas soon. Jarrett has been negotiating with an arena in Las Vegas that would be the home for GFW.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-reportedly-unable-to-secure-tv-deal-for-gfw/