Other PPVs to run longer than 3hrs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
It appears future WWE pay-per-view events will be going past 11pm and not just WrestleMania. WWE has told Sky Italia to start reserving extra time for pay-per-view events as the duration of those shows will vary.

Source: WrestlingInc

Come on, man. 4-5 hours is too much for WrestleMania, much less every PPV. How hard is it to only do 4 PPVs for each brand, and 4 joint ones?

Hopefully I'm just looking too deep, and that they'll just stop caring about timing the matches to make three hours. And let the matches present get enough time, instead of trying to cram all rivalries from both brands on one show. I could deal with 30 minute run ons, an hour or two? Not so much.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah I am fine with allowing them to run past the hour like Raw if needed, but there's already so much wrestling and so much WWE out there that they don't need to extend anything.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think they run a true risk of losing audience by doing this. For example,I tended to not watch Smackdown much at all after the brand extension ended. I mostly just occasionally read spoilers. But if you over saturate your fans with your product, they might not be able to find the time to watch or even keep up on all of the content. They're looking at three hours of Raw, two hours of Smackdown and possibly more than three hours of PPV a month. If your fans don't have the time to keep up with everything and fall behind in watching certain things, they might fall behind in story lines and start missing things because they can't keep up.

I mean, I have been pretty loyal to WWE even though it's rarely been my favorite promotion. It has been the one I have watched the longest. I would like to have more time for wrestling but I do have other things in life. Plus I'm not going to cut down on my ROH, NJPW, NWA, LU to watch more WWE than I already do. If anything, as many of us have pointed out, they need to have less hours of programming not more. Two hours of Raw, two hours of Smackdown, one hour of NXT and one three hour PPV a month is PLENTY.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A 30 minute overrun on a PPV, 15 on Raw... That's 8:45 of first run, "important" WWE content in a 3 day span.

Think about that.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think this is just something to keep the fans aware. People were freaking out during Mania.

Nick

Reaction score

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp
Guess WWE does not want their own Halloween Havoc moment .

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I think this is just something to keep the fans aware. People were freaking out during Mania.
Highly doubt that Vince is going around to legit businesses, telling them put some more time on hold.

Like he's thinking, 'fans want less time? Add time dammit!' He's moreso probably thinking how he can pull another incest angle with Steph.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Two Hours for a show is honestly the right amount for a show. One hour works as well, but three... Except for PPVs it is too long. Even before this era of 3 Hour Raws, when they had a 3 hour special every other month a few years before that, I honestly got tired at the end of those episodes. Maybe the first one or two were alright because they felt special, but after a while, it became boring. We are facing that problem ten fold already. To make PPVs more than 3 hours is overkill. Just...reduce Raw to two hours, keep PPVs at 3 to make them at least "special" and that will help you guys a bit.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
WWE Stooge: Vince people are very worried about the quality of our product...
Vince: Quantity? They are worried about the quantity of our product? Well give them more, dammit!

Rated funny...because it's true...

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Why does WWE want more time to fuck me in the ass?