Potential New Show for WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
He also said they are in talks for a live one hour show before Raw on USA. I have heard they are considering doing something like a pre-game show.

This is taken from a transcript of the WWE conference call to investors that was today. This was part of Vince's speech to the investors.

I like the idea of a lead-in show to RAW, especially if it is live, because Tough Enough showed that three hours of wrestling in a row can work and draw well. If they do a lead-in show that is a mixture of what WWE Heat before PPVs was and what the current countdown show for PPV's is I think it would be good. Cover what happened last week on RAW, and on Smackdown, and hype what is going to happen tonight on RAW. Add in a couple of matches involving the undercard plus an interview or two and you have a pretty awesome pre-game show.

What do you think of the idea of a live pre-game show before RAW?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Until I hear more details I can't comment, although I do agree than it could work quite well, and with the amount of talent they have on their books it would be good to give some of the lower card talent some air time right before raw.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You do this then where do you stick Tough Enough? I think you should have two seperate shows that fall the season format you have tough enough before RAW half of the year and then some other yet to be determined show the other half of the year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^That is my only issue with it but then again we haven't heard anything about a second season of Tough Enough (although they would be crazy not to do a second season). I think it could work well if they do Tough Enough once a year for ten weeks and then for the rest of the year they have this pre-show show.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Depends on what everyone means by pre-show I have no desire to see one like they put on for the PPV's or Raw AM that would be worthless. So then what would a preshow be? Superstars as a preshow? Why not just call that Raw and make it 3 hours?

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Tough Enough 2 is far away, and I like this idea. I like watching the 30 pre-shows that they make for every PPV, and I wouldn't mind watching this.

It's a great way to get the viewer's mind into what's going on this week on RAW. This can be used to promote midcard/lower card wrestlers as well. I don't know if Superstars should be part of this though; I think this preshow can be a separate live event.

RAW live can have around 15-30 minutes of the pre-show matches, and the rest of the time for dark matches. The pre-show can use that 15-30 minutes of matches, and use the other 30-45 minutes for storyline recaps and promos.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pre show involving matches. Have them recap what happened in WWE the past week then hint at what will happen on RAW and in between that have matches that would normally be dark matches or on Superstars. Maybe have an interview or two with a big name wrestler as well to draw viewers in with the appeal of maineventers.

rcoot93

Reaction score
it would be a good way to break in new talent and get them over with the crowd

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they showed more of those "Superstar highlight videos" that they have been showing on RAW lately on this pregame show it would be a good way to promote more wrestlers on each brand because at the moment so many are ignored.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I agree but it depends on how many people will want to watch it if Raw is straight after. They have a lot of programmes as it is so they don't really need this

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Three hours of wrestling in a row is pretty full on but with the new WWE Network debuting next year they are going to need more shows and this would be a good one to put on before RAW to get people to tune in and get hyped for RAW right after.