Post your ideas that can make Bryan a star.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I say keep the beard, it gives him something different that most WWE stars don't have in terms of looks. Without his beard, he looks a big generic sometimes, although I suppose the long hair could change that.

To make him a star, I say have him break into HHH's house and going through his stuff, mocking him and finding ridiculous stuff(will leave it to WWE to take the joke how far as they want). Have him make a burial reference, come out with a shovel and say no matter how many times HHH will try to put the dirt over Bryan's head, he'll come back over or something along the lines. I would lol if Daniel says HHH can't keep him down, because no matter how many times you pedigree him, he'll rise up like the Ultimate Warrior or something like that, just a mention of that match will make me mark.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I think his point is that since his beard and hair was linked into the comedy tag-team he was involved in with Kane, it obviously reminds you of his previous gimmick. I'm not saying by removing his hair and beard will make him benefit... hell, it may even effect him in doing so.

His beard and hair is linked to him in general, not just his Team Hell No days. Its all been apart of his immense character progression. Taking that away because it isn't "believable" is so silly, especially considering the fact the story arc he had after Team Hell No split was revolved around him thinking he wasn't believable only to overcome that match after match.

The only way I see him taking it off now is with a full-fledged heel turn, as I stated in my first post. Otherwise, it seems we're stuck with Daniel "I was once in a comedy team, how am I supposed to be taken seriously with this hair?" Bryan for quite some time.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
You can't take someone seriously because they have a beard and slightly long hair?

What would change other than him spending less time grooming in the morning with a haircut and a shave? I guess he can also see slightly better out of his eyes as his hair doesn't get in the way?
All I meant was that his current look makes him look fun and shaggy. A hair cut and a shave would make him look a bit more serious, like a fighter. But that just IMO.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
What the fuck is this bullshit? Are you people Blue? Bryan is a star. Get over yourselves.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Exactly. People forget that Ryback has had more WWE championship matches than Bryan.

To ensure he is seen as a main-event guy and not someone filling in for Cena while he's injured, Bryan must win the title at HIAC and hold it until WM30 or beyond.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
This is a similar thread to my surprised thread, but Bryan could have come off better than he has with this story. Sure, he's the main event and is the most over guy in the company by a mile, but to be honest he was already that before this story (maybe not the ME). The being screwed story has gotten stale, so what could they do to make it more interesting?

For example: A backstage segment where he trashes HHH's office after being screwed which further paints him as the anti-authority figure this storyline so desperately needs. Perhaps cutting more mature jokes/insults in his head-to-heads with HHH? I think it just needs more attitude.

Little segments like that. What sort of ideas do you have?

Give him a Civil War Kepi or bummer and introduce him as 'The Last Soldier' or something like that. Or... he could get a haircut & shave.... or........ he could get a kilt and introduce himself as Roddy Piper's 'missing son.' Or.. something else....

Reactions: Wacokid27

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I completely understand people's logic of pushing him hard to get him to that level. More trust needs to be put into smaller guys like Bryan & Punk; give them longer title reigns and more main event time as I genuinely think it takes longer for the smaller guy to reach the "Cena level" than it would for a ripped & attractive guy. When Bryan wins it, I hope he has it for a long time. I know he is more entertaining as the chaser, but he won't get to the very top level being that chaser. If you feed him entertaining heels and WELL THOUGHT OUT storylines with a variety of segments then the main event scene will be great entertainment.

Reactions: Wacokid27