Possible Trades???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
According to various wrestling related news oulets (cagesideseats one of them), it appears that WWE are rather unhappy with how the rosters formed after the draft and more specifically with how Smackdown came out looking. In other words, they feel that the Smackdown roster is not as strong as it should be (yeah, no shit Sherlock) and are looking to shuffle the rosters once again.

Well, this basically comes back to one of my first comments following the night of the draft, when I noted how sloppy of a job they did and how rushed and weak it looked. It was rather obvious that WWE failed to think the draft through despite having all the time in the world to do so but I guess...better late then never, right?

Now, obviously we won't be having another draft again so I think it's safe to assume that both Commisioners of RAW and Smackdown along with their respective GM's will probably work out some trades in order to make this happen, which would certainly make for an interesting storyline as far as how they present them.

Some of the names already mentioned? First and foremost, Kevin Owens, who is actually the top name rumored to be headed to Smackdown, as well as Cesaro, Paige and even Sami Zayn, while Randy Orton is considered the top candidate to switch brands and move to RAW.

In my view, if this indeed turns out to be the case, I feel it would be a good trade to do. Orton is an established guy so if Smackdown were to trade one of their top guys, it only makes sense that they get a couple of good midcarders at least in return and both KO and Cesaro would be great fits, both being upcoming stars and landing on a show that from the very beginning has promised opportunity for those who deserve it.

As far as Paige is concerned, I too feel that she would be better off at Smackdown. She would definetely boost the women's division on the blue brand, not to mention she'd be reunited with ADR so...everybody wins. If it were up to me, I'd trade Paige for Carmella and have Carmella go to RAW and rejoin Enzo and Cass cause it obviously is not working right now with her at Smackdown; crowd has been absolutely dead in all of her appearances on Smackdown, in case you hadn't noticed already...

Anyway, this is an interesting story so keen to see how it develops, most likely after Summerslam...Thoughts?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Trade Kalisto for Cesaro. Kalisto would be a great addition to the upcoming Cruiserweight division and Cesaro would hopefully get pushed on SmackDown.

Still, the weirdest part is KO and Zayn being on the same roster after being said they were going to be split up during the draft. So, I expect either man to be traded for someone from the SD roster, although that may not be the case, but I guess we'll see.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Trade Kalisto for Cesaro. Kalisto would be a great addition to the upcoming Cruiserweight division and Cesaro would hopefully get pushed on SmackDown.

Still, the weirdest part is KO and Zayn being on the same roster after being said they were going to be split up during the draft. So, I expect either man to be traded for someone from the SD roster, although that may not be the case, but I guess we'll see.

Certainly agree with shifting Kalisto to RAW and add him to the cruiserweight division...

As far as KO and Zayn are concerned, yeah, I too figure that it won't be both being traded to the same show yet again and if I were to take a guess, I'd say KO moves to Smackdown being that the blue brand could definetely use another legit heel...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Certainly agree with shifting Kalisto to RAW and add him to the cruiserweight division...

As far as KO and Zayn are concerned, yeah, I too figure that it won't be both being traded to the same show yet again and if I were to take a guess, I'd say KO moves to Smackdown being that the blue brand could definetely use another legit heel...

This guy: :joe:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Enzo/Cass for The Usos would be a good trade. The crowd loves Enzo and Cass and they should have tag titles but are constantly over shadowed by New Day

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't have any real thoughts on trade yet. The two shows are still trying to find their individual footing as separate brands, though, so it might be a good idea to do a bit of fine tuning with trades.

I still support the idea of having most women on Smackdown and only one women's title.. I still don't think the women's roster has the depth to support two belts. But I guess that isn't going to happen.

I want to say KO to Smackdown but I keep hesitating every time I try to. I am not sure why though.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
If Kevin Owens went to Smackdown it would kill the Smackdown brand.. I hardly watch RAW anymore.. I would have to if the Viper was over there.

Smackdown is the perfect show with Orton, Cena, Ambrose and Bray Wyatt.. RAW has nobody besides Seth Rollins. It's never been so boring.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If Kevin Owens went to Smackdown it would kill the Smackdown brand.. I hardly watch RAW anymore.. I would have to if the Viper was over there.

Smackdown is the perfect show with Orton, Cena, Ambrose and Bray Wyatt.. RAW has nobody besides Seth Rollins. It's never been so boring.
Why are you like this

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't have any real thoughts on trade yet. The two shows are still trying to find their individual footing as separate brands, though, so it might be a good idea to do a bit of fine tuning with trades.

I still support the idea of having most women on Smackdown and only one women's title.. I still don't think the women's roster has the depth to support two belts. But I guess that isn't going to happen.

I want to say KO to Smackdown but I keep hesitating every time I try to. I am not sure why though.

I said Owens to Smackdown, but I actually think Zayn makes more sense. Owens is going to get over as a big deal no matter what. Letting Zayn have shots at Styles, Cena, Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt will make him seem like an even bigger deal.

wk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
For the record, never has 1 person ever killed a brand, by their mere presence. If you think that, you're being very ignorant.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kevin Owens for Randy Orton would be a perfect trade
That wouldn't be. Storyline wise, it would make 0 sense as to why SmackDown would give up one of their biggest and most seasoned veterans for a relative new-comer.

I think Kalisto and Alberto del Rio for Kevin Owens and Cesaro would be a fair trade. The heels and faces trade places. Kalsito has a chance to shine under the new Cruiserweight banner and del Rio gets to be in a brand that has much more time and talent. Kevin Owens can move up to being an upper-midcarder instead of twiddling in the regular mid-card on RAW, and it makes perfect sense for Cesaro. Storyline wise and booking wise. Having him come up for SmackDown will really give him a chance to break out.