TLC Possible spoiler for TLC`s main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Toto

The Showoff
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, we’ve heard from two different soldiers who attended Wednesday night’s WWE Tribute to the Troops in Fort Lewis that report John Cena did not have the WWE Title belt or World Heavyweight Title belt with him when he came out.

This year’s Troops special will air on December 28th, almost two weeks after Cena faces Randy Orton for the belts at this Sunday’s TLC pay-per-view. Orton did not appear at Wednesday night’s tapings
Source: PWmania.com

philitup

Jobber
Reaction score
I've also heard the Orton didn't like promo that Cena did on Monday, and he said somethings that the WWE didn't like. Take that as you will.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I thought the point of the segment on Monday was that they were taking the championships from both Orton and Cena until Sunday? The idea behind taking the belts and putting them on the hook on Raw was to show that the next time either guy had a chance to get a hold of the gold again was for one of them to become the Unified Champion at TLC. So I wouldn't expect Cena to be wearing any championships on him at the Tribute To The Troops show.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What Kevin said. Why would Cena come out with a belt when they hung them up in the air on RAW?
Plus Tribute to the troops is out of canon

philitup

Jobber
Reaction score
I thought the point of the segment on Monday was that they were taking the championships from both Orton and Cena until Sunday? The idea behind taking the belts and putting them on the hook on Raw was to show that the next time either guy had a chance to get a hold of the gold again was for one of them to become the Unified Champion at TLC. So I wouldn't expect Cena to be wearing any championships on him at the Tribute To The Troops show.
I agree. That wouldn't make any sense if Cena came out with a belt.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I've also heard the Orton didn't like promo that Cena did on Monday, and he said somethings that the WWE didn't like. Take that as you will.
So what Cena was hitting home at in the promo. Oh Randy!

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Note that it is going to be shown on the 28th, after TLC.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

This airs on the 28th so it's logical that one of them would hold the title from a purely storyline standpoint. It's more of what Stopspot says about Tribute to the troops being a televised houseshow.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you watch Tribute to the Troops (it's one of the shows every year that really is a "background event" in my house...it's on but I don't really watch it), but, in the past, as it's been recorded two to three weeks prior to television and there's usually been the TLC interposed between recording and broadcast, none of the champs carry their titles at the Tribute to the Troops show. Last year, Punk didn't come out with the WWE Championship for his match for just that reason. As Stopspot said, it's not part of the "WWE Historical Canon".

Quick summation: Since nobody carries their titles at TttT, the fact that Cena came out without the belt means nothing.

wk