POSSIBLE SIGN THAT THE ROCK WON’T BE BACK TO WWE UNTIL 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
Possible Sign That The Rock Won't Be Back to WWE Until 2015 - ProWrestling.com

It appears that at least for right now, WWE is going with the assumption that The Rock won’t be back next year as a short-term character as he has been for the past three years.

According to information given to a major licensee this past week, they were told not to produce any merchandise involving The Rock. They were told he could be used as far as a group shot of Superstars goes but not to produce anything specific because he was not going to be featured until 2015.

This was taken as a sign that The Rock is not going to do WrestleMania XXX. We still don’t know if Rock has said this or not to WWE officials. It could be that an assumption was made over the call to not merchandise him individually.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bring him back when Brock or Taker are available at Mania, nobody else left is worthy for him to face unless they used him as the face in this power struggle angle.

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
Bring him back when Brock or Taker are available at Mania, nobody else left is worthy for him to face unless they used him as the face in this power struggle angle.

Rock vs. Taker would be an epic match! Possibly one of the best ever!
Taker vs. Brock would also be a great match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This guy sure is away from his home a lot.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Rock vs. Taker would be an epic match! Possibly one of the best ever!Taker vs. Brock would also be a great match.

Why would it be any greater than the four or five matches they had in the 90s? Is it because you think the Rock trying to end Taker's unbeaten streak at Mania would be more special? Maybe because Undertaker is a far better talent than he was then (Rock isn't mind).

Not being critical it just doesn't stand out as a dream Mania match to me.

Personally it doesn't bother me if the Rock never wrestles again, outside the matches Dale mentioned there is little else for him to do and I think he should keep his near perfect legacy in stead of just keep returning in matches which are far from classics just to give WWE a few extra rating points.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He was Triple Hs greatest rival. It would make sense if they wanted him to comeback to challenge him at some point

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I have no desire to see Rock/HHH start up again, both men's glory days are behind them and i doubt they can ever recreate some of the magic they had during 2000.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When you make a thread please add your own thoughts [MENTION=11549]Scorpionking[/MENTION]

He was Triple Hs greatest rival. It would make sense if they wanted him to comeback to challenge him at some point
In 2015? Nah just leave it be, no point. Trips is in a perfect role right now playing the new age Vince. If Triple H wrestles at points have it be against the current guys only on rare occasion. We don't need anymore nostalgia matches.

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
When you make a thread please add your own thoughts [MENTION=11549]Scorpionking[/MENTION]

I really don't have many thoughts on this subject. The Rock has never been a favorite of mine, he's a sell-out plain and simple.
He cares about making movies and being Mr. Hollywood than being a wrestler. I could care less if he came back or not, he's an after-thought in the WWE. He's only used to boost up ratings.

I would rather pay attention to the stars of now, people like CM Punk and John Cena

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Rock will be at WM30 and it will do another million buys.then i will laugh at the 15/20 Internet haters that continue to complain.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

I really don't have many thoughts on this subject. The Rock has never been a favorite of mine, he's a sell-out plain and simple.
He cares about making movies and being Mr. Hollywood than being a wrestler. I could care less if he came back or not, he's an after-thought in the WWE. He's only used to boost up ratings.

I would rather pay attention to the stars of now, people like CM Punk and John Cena

He is a sellout because he decided to pursue a different career? Make a lot more money? Do something much safer? Something that will help preserve his body that much more? Rather than sticking to the ring and continuing to wrestle non stop?

yeah... how dare The Rock think about himself and do stuff he wants instead of continuing to put his body through the constant abuse in the ring 300+ days a year for us. Grrrr

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
When you make a thread please add your own thoughts @Scorpionking

In 2015? Nah just leave it be, no point. Trips is in a perfect role right now playing the new age Vince. If Triple H wrestles at points have it be against the current guys only on rare occasion. We don't need anymore nostalgia matches.
I meant if he were to return before then. To be honest, no one knows if or when he shall return besides him, his agent, vince, and trips with his legal obligations to films like Fast 7. Delaying Hercules didn't help. It looked like they were going with a story for the return of Austin, Rock, or Taker with the way they were doing Vince vs Trips. It still may go that way as they will bump heads eventually

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Really doesn't bother me at all if he never comes back. He gave Cena the rub at Mania and that's really the only thing there for him. Had some awesome promos with Punk, and a pretty good match with him as well. As far as modern WWE is, Punk and Cena are the only two people with enough star power to be put into a Rock feud. I hate seeing part timer vs. part timer which is why I'd be against Rock vs. Taker or Brock. He did what he was meant to do, and that was put over Cena, and help some buys. Now he can get a Hall of Fame spot and retire.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If he comes back, great, if he doesn't, no huge loss.

He just doesn't fit in the current WWE. Rock's promos were pretty tame during the Attitude Era, but he's had to scale down even more to appeal to kids. Kinda makes me sick hearing a Rock promo now, he sounds as cheesy as Sheamus or Cena at their most cringe inducing.

His matches have been great. Theres nobody fresh to face though. Before anyone says Daniel Bryan, that would look like one of those old Sunday Night Heat matches where a star would face a jobber, like Angle vs Essa Rios. Bryan doesn't belong.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Honestly, part of me doesn't want him to come back.

I love The Rock, and I'll always be a fan of him, but there was so much of his latest return that I just didn't like. His promos generally consisted of him saying a sentence, getting the crowd to chant something, and then smiling along for a good five minutes. A lot of times when talking he just came across as Dwayne Johnson rather than The Rock. His matches were ok, but he'd always become gassed after only wrestling 10 minutes, and then struggle for the rest of the match. Understandable, of course, but not good to look.

I'd be fine with him returning, and I'm sure he'd still serve up some entertaining moments, but as Cork said, no huge loss if he doesn't come back.