Pops = Pushes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
With all the talk of who deserves pushes, what about the pops for wrestlers? Let me explain...

A few months back ECW had an Elimination Chase to No Mercy, and put on some outstanding matches. Now during all of these matches, the men involved all received pops when their entrance music played, respectfully. Now the winner of the Chase was surprisingly Tommy Dreamer, until Mr. Dusty Rhodes ruined the great angle by sending out BDV to crush Dreamer.

Now, I'm watching an exclusive match on WWE.com depicting Khali vs. Dreamer, and who got the bigger pop? That's right, Tommy Dreamer. So why not push those who get pops? They're obviously doing that on RAW, seeing as how Jeff Hardy is now in the ME, and Y2J has dropped (Although that is partly the writers fault), and are now pushing others like Santino & Carlito (The Un-Americans), instead of the failed Snitsky.

SO why not run the system like that?

SuckIt

Reaction score
You make a good point. I haven't seen Snitsky in a while whilst Carlito is making more appearances than earlier in the year.

Thing is the WWE likes to push the bigger stars such as Cena who's rapping and now movie career will make more money for the company so he tends to get the biggest push.

Now Cena is gone however the WWE seem to be making more effort into the point you're making. I just hope it continues.

chessarmy

I think WWE kind of does that already. Rey Mysterio got a World Title run because of his pops, Jeff Hardy is getting his push because of the pops he gets. John Cena is probably shoved down everyone's throats because of the massive reaction he gets, negative or positive. Its different when a wrestler is a big man though, even if their are crickets chirping in the WWE arena the big huge monster guy will probably still get pushed.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, but get pushed only to get fed to the ones who get pops. See Khali, yeah, he got pushed, but for what, so that he was strong enough to be fed to Taker, then to Cena and finally to Batista, who do get massive crowd reactions.

Oh, and if you think what they are doing with Carlito right now is a push...

Montana

yeah, pops always play a major factor as to who gets pushed. Like Santino marella, may not be winning a lot of matches, but he was on the brick of being let go, and is now a big part of raw. Other factors go into pushes, marketabilty, how a wrestler can relate to the fans, being able to play a heel and a face, good in the ring, and many others.

vickymania

Reaction score
hey,if a wrestler is good enough to perform he'll get both the pops and the push..all the ME eventer's have got both in the past year..now few wrestler's dont get the pops but do get pushed up( mostly they play the heel character by then)..and it happens vice versa as well( Tommy Dreamer,for one )..

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
But the thing with this is I think the if they worked the system by that then Khali would get pushed because he gets "heat" but that is only because everybody hates him and knows he can't wrestle. Same goes for BDV and Henry.

Jeff Hardy and the others not only earnt their pushes through pops but also through work rate Look at what Hardy, Edge Cena and Batista have done for the company after the attidude era. Am I right or am I

wrong

vickymania

Reaction score
all the big guys in WWE r made to look devilish and bad cause they can carry it off and the crowd acknowledges the fact..surely,a khali,henry or BDV cannot do the same stuff hardy,cena,batista and others can and have done..