Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Website
renaissanceofbillysmith.blogspot.com
Name: Billy
Favourite Superstar & Why: Christian. He is hugely talented in every area. Highly underrated.
How long I've been a fan of wrestling: 22 years
Favourite Wrestling Company: WWE
How did you find the site? Referral
Will I be active here: Yes. I love talking wrestling and I love to do it on a daily basis. I always have an opinion and I'll always make it known.

Reaction score
Website
Crayo said:
Welcome to the forum man. Definitely love any Christian fan that comes here! :)

22 years? That's impressive. Who's your favourite superstar ever?

I have been a Christian fan since day one.

Yeah, that seems about right. I have always been a fan of wrestling, ever since my father bought me a tape full of Hulk Hogan matches when I was just a couple of years old. I can remember the match that really interested me on there was Hogan/Andre. After that, I can say that I was really just a casual fan growing up. I really enjoyed wrestling, but it wasn't my number one interest. That all changed in January of 1999. That's when I started to get into wrestling more intensely and I haven't stopped since then.

As for who is my favorite superstar ever, I would have to bring a tie between Edge & Christian. I am just such a huge fan of the story of those two. Two friends who were wrestling fans, grew up in the same town, with dreams of becoming wrestlers and they make it to being one of the greatest tag teams of all time and, eventually, branch out and have hugely successful solo careers. They're entertaining, they're talented and they care about what they're doing.

My two favorite moments ever, in the history of wrestling, are Edge winning the WWE Championship from John Cena at New Year's Revolution in January of 2006 and Christian, with the help of Edge, defeating Alberto Del Rio to finally win the World Heavyweight Championship in May of 2011. Both moments brought me to tears, so that should tell you all you need to know about who my favorite wrestlers of all time are.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
SharpshooterSmith said:
I have been a Christian fan since day one.

Yeah, that seems about right. I have always been a fan of wrestling, ever since my father bought me a tape full of Hulk Hogan matches when I was just a couple of years old. I can remember the match that really interested me on there was Hogan/Andre. After that, I can say that I was really just a casual fan growing up. I really enjoyed wrestling, but it wasn't my number one interest. That all changed in January of 1999. That's when I started to get into wrestling more intensely and I haven't stopped since then.

As for who is my favorite superstar ever, I would have to bring a tie between Edge & Christian. I am just such a huge fan of the story of those two. Two friends who were wrestling fans, grew up in the same town, with dreams of becoming wrestlers and they make it to being one of the greatest tag teams of all time and, eventually, branch out and have hugely successful solo careers. They're entertaining, they're talented and they care about what they're doing.

My two favorite moments ever, in the history of wrestling, are Edge winning the WWE Championship from John Cena at New Year's Revolution in January of 2006 and Christian, with the help of Edge, defeating Alberto Del Rio to finally win the World Heavyweight Championship in May of 2011. Both moments brought me to tears, so that should tell you all you need to know about who my favorite wrestlers of all time are.

Epic post, liked it. I'm also a big fan of Edge & Christian, my favourite tag-team ever and probably in my top 10 of all time favourite individual superstars. Must say I was quite ecstatic when Christian won the title, made it all the more appointing when he lost it just five days later.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Welcome man, cool thing your dad gave you wrestling! ;)
Enjoy.

Reaction score
Website
Crayo said:
Epic post, liked it. I'm also a big fan of Edge & Christian, my favourite tag-team ever and probably in my top 10 of all time favourite individual superstars. Must say I was quite ecstatic when Christian won the title, made it all the more appointing when he lost it just five days later.

Yes, Christian losing the title to Randy Orton just five days after finally winning it was quite disappointing to me, but for me, it didn't ruin the moment that took place at Extreme Rules. I don't think anything could ruin that for me. It's like it's frozen in time. I can see that as a standalone moment and nothing about what followed bothers me. That said, Christian and Orton had a great feud with some great matches and Christian ended up getting a second, longer reign as champion, so I'm not as bitter as I was on May 6th last year.

Reaction score
Website
Crayo said:
Agreed, there feud was quite incredible really. The matches (especially HIAC I think it was) were top notch.

They didn't have a match at Hell in a Cell. Over the Limit, Capitol Punishment, Money in the Bank and SummerSlam is where all of their matches took place. You're right though, they were all top notch. I could see how anyone could realistically pick any of those matches as a favorite. I thought they were all very good. If I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be SummerSlam.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WNw13P6yBJ8[/video]

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That the match where Orton RKO'd him on the steps? I don't know why that's the one I remember the most. I might go watch OTL again to see there match there.