Plans To Pull Cruiserweight Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Talks of putting the WWE Cruiserweight title on Hornswoggle began back around the Judgment Day PPV. At one point, the plan was to have Hornswoggle win the championship, which would have meant the end of the title, with the plan being to bring the belt back sometime next year with a different name.

Acideyez

Reaction score
and what rename it the european title? lol Or just lightheavyweight title. Not to many names. I thought they where doing good with having Chavo with it,he's got some nice cruiserweights there to feud with.

This Guy

dropping the cruiserweight title maybe, changing the name, doubtful. I could see them going for less titles as they try to continue to expand ECW into a full brand, somehow I doubt it would ever happen though.

bdogg1

Reaction score
how about TV TITLE. That way it can be an intra brand title that can be defended on all 3 brands at any time. like if chavo has it one week he can show up on Raw and defend it then later in week and defend it on smackdown and etc.

Reaction score
I saw this on 24Wrestling so it is probably true. This kinda sucks IMO because the Cruiser Belt has been really great but WWE just dropped the ball with it. It has so much potential but they just dont put any effort to make the Division and the belt mean something. I guess if WWE is going to keep the Cruiserweight Division buried then it makes sence to drop the belt....

Great One

This would be a good move if they moved all the cruiserweights to ECW afterwards.

Reaction score
The Cruiserweight Title in ECW would be cool, they already have Richards, Nunzio, and they could move the Crusiers from the other brands there too.

Although, removing the Cruiser Title could also make room for the Hardcore title to come back.

Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan of the cruiser belt in WWE because of the lack of moves that the crusiers are actually allowed to pull off. The majority of them wrestle more like heavyweights than cruisers. Add that to the fact that putting the belt on Hornswoggle just rapes the title of any significance whatsoever, no matter how long a reign he has.

Also to the poster above, the hardcore title will never come back. I would like to see it to some extent, but the WWE hasn't gone in that direction for years, and really aren't in the position to bring it back anytime soon.

catacomb31

Reaction score
they should make all the titles like that. im sure you wouldnt have people swarming for the titles, but it would give oppertunities to have random people wanting title shots.

humankiller99

Reaction score
if they drop the CW title, this is stupid. that belt had so much credibility until they gave it to a midget..

i hope they dont rename it the WWE X Division title or some stupid name

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
the belt was nothing any how, no one cared about it so, if they get rid of it no big loss...well the cruserweights would become jobbers(some already are)