Plans for Damien Sandow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-wwes-future-plans-for-damien-sandow#.UlafyhCBrms

WWE will be turning Damien Sandow babyface soon. It was discussed earlier this year to have Sandow cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase but lose. That idea appears to be off the table now and it looks like a World Heavyweight Title run is in his future.

Sandow was reportedly told not to do cartwheels and singing any more, in part because that’s the gimmick for NXT’s Aiden English now. Word is that Vince McMahon feels if someone on the main roster is doing the same gimmick as someone in NXT, it makes the main roster guy look like an amateur.

Face turn sounds awful. Sandow's one of very few heels that actually draws heat quite often. I love his character, no way should he change.

I would have marked for a failed Sandow cash-in, that reaction would be hilarious.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like this idea at all either. He's a great heel and his gimmick is perfect

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Again... I need to point out that some shitty dirtsheet website posts this as "BACKSTAGE NEWS" and everyone eats it up like gospel. I'm sure the turd who wrote that blurb got his info straight from Vince and Trips' booking meetings!! He's an insider!! :pity2:

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Again... I need to point out that some shitty dirtsheet website posts this as "BACKSTAGE NEWS" and everyone eats it up like gospel. I'm sure the turd who wrote that blurb got his info straight from Vince and Trips' booking meetings!! He's an insider!! :pity2:

You don't need to point that out at all. Eveyone know that. Thanks though.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
a few points here. Him going babyface will be fuckall when he has to face rhodes, who isnt going heel. If they ignore Rhodes, fans will go wild, and Turning Sandow babyface is going to work as well as ADR getting heat for reinjuring Cena. People will forget it happened a week later.

This is a terrible idea, and im betting with his babyface turn COMES a failed cash in, and another shitty attempt at selling ADR as 100% heel. I literally can only remember ADR losing fairly twice this year. Once to DZ after WM and once to RR this past week. You have to be kidding me.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Don't think his character would be used well as a face. I could think of a few scenarios where he makes his opponent look like an idiot.
But yeah, I don't think he needs to turn face.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Turning Sandow babyface might be a mistake. He has more of a heel gimmick. Although i don't think he would have any problem getting over as a babyface. It might be interesting to see.

I'm going to miss Sandow calling us the "unwashed masses".

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
What they need to do is stop making him lose pretty much every match he's in, though I figured he'd be the one who fails cashing in. So it makes me wonder why he even got it in the first place :/

Reaction score
to be fair its about time someone lost when they cashed in MITB. cena lost but that was because he told them he was going to cash it in. everyone else has won it so it would be interesting to see what happens if he fails to win

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sandow can't turn. His gimmick is perfect, he's one of those guys that if he was to turn face, it should happen organically with the crowd simply starting to cheer the guy so much he still does the same stuff but is a face (as it happens in NXT a lot), so turning in any other way would ruin the guy. As far as cutting the cartwheels, fine, but Sandow almost never sang, he just did it on occasion to piss his opponents off iirc.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Other than turning him face organically (as Leo C suggests), the only way to turn him face would be to completely rework his gimmick. From what I understand, he's actually a very respectful, friendly guy backstage. Since "reality booking" seems to be a strategy WWE uses at some points now, I figure it would take revealing that side of him in some kind of backstage vignettes, maybe having him defend people.......

maybe having him defend people who are being bullied by Ryback backstage? He would also have to downplay the "intellectual savior of the unwashed masses" schtick, but it could work.

God knows we've seen worse/more confusing ways to turn people (see "Stone Cold Steve Austin's 2001 heel turn" for more information).

As for him cashing in and failing to do so, I actually figured that was the plan, with his "uncrowned World Heavyweight Champion" bit. Why they don't have him cash in, fail to win the title, get injured, and come back as a face is beyond me. Yeah, it's a formula, but it's a formula that works.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Think it would be interesting to see face Sandow as a smartalecky-troll kind of character, using his intelligence and wit to be entertaining... but that's virtually what face Dolph is doing (or was, back before his character became "the dude who lays in the recovery position during matches and never talks") and we can't have people sharing the same gimmick, can we?

Him singing would be the best part of the face character though! Who wouldn't cheer great stuff like this?

If it wasn't for the SD Spoilers I wouldn't have believed this. Too farfetched, too asinine. There's no reason to turn the guy unless what Leo C said happens. But it looks like that's the case, although VKM being so self-conscious of NXT gimmicks ruining his show is pretty silly.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Having just watched Smackdown and the Sandow-ADR match, he was getting over well with the crowd. They definitely appreciated his work ethic and gave him a lot of props during the action.

I figure this was a test of how he could work as a face. We'll be seeing face Sandow within the next few months.

wk