Plans For Brodus Clay This Past Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Brodus Clay Plans
Brodus Clay was backstage at Monday's RAW Supershow from Memphis and was scheduled to debut on TV, squashing a local wrestler according to PWInsider.com. As plans changed through the day, once again Clay was bumped from the script.

WWE will be going with the storyline of Brodus being pissed at being pushed back so many times that he's even angrier than before. Officials do want to get Clay on TV as soon as possible to establish him as a monster. It is believed that at this point, Brodus won't debut until Royal Rumble.

I've lost count of how many times Brodus Clay has been pushed back. Good to see WWE are making more of a storyline out of it I guess. But anyone can do that.

Will the fans care for him now though or have they at all? How many will he eliminate in the Rumble if he is going to look dominant?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I just want to see Johnny Ace on the phone telling Brodus every week his debut has been pushed back.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I think that he could be the most dominant entry in the Royal Rumble match. It´s just awesome to see guys like him run around the ring and eliminating everybody. I think that he can make it at least to the final ten.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I think that he could be the most dominant entry in the Royal Rumble match. It´s just awesome to see guys like him run around the ring and eliminating everybody. I think that he can make it at least to the final ten.

With Super Cena then eliminating him like when he came out last year and defeated about all of The Nexus/CM Punk.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Maybe it's me, but I would probably have prefered if they actually did this as an outright angle on TV. Have Brodus go into Ace's office, only to be told 'next week.' Rinse & repeat and actually have the announcers acknowledge what they're seeing.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Maybe it's me, but I would probably have prefered if they actually did this as an outright angle on TV. Have Brodus go into Ace's office, only to be told 'next week.' Rinse & repeat and actually have the announcers acknowledge what they're seeing.

Thats what I think they are going with, a running joke.

Sort of like the Anon GM, or Jillian coming out to sing very badly every week.

Vita

Reaction score
he's the matt damon of the wwe.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Thats what I think they are going with, a running joke.

Sort of like the Anon GM, or Jillian coming out to sing very badly every week.
Yeah I know, but I mean I would actually prefer to see him on screen and seeing it fold out in front of us rather than these phone calls that are never being acknowledged.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
na i like the lol OWNED factor of them not showing him on tv, cause it gets the Clay marks upset that he has not been shown on tv yet.

Deuce

Reaction score
I think that would be a pretty decent storyline to have, Clay getting angry from being pushed back then dominating many opponents at the Rumble. I think he could be a huge asset to the Rumble but it all depends if Clay is ready for something like that. I mean, he did face people on NXT but he really hasn't had a big match like the Royal Rumble. The only person I see eliminating Clay would have to be Cena at the moment, well, he's the one that is more than likely going to eliminate Clay, I really hope Cena doesn't win this year though or I will be P.O'ed. I also think Clay's first feud should be with some mid-carder, I would prefer somebody smaller than him like Evan Bourne for example, not saying he should feud with Bourne but someone around his size so it could be a David vs Goliath feud. That would be okay for the ratings, everyone likes to see those, at least I do. I like to see big men like Clay toss those little guys around but in the end, the little guy overcoming the odds. What are your thoughts on something like this?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think that would be a pretty decent storyline to have, Clay getting angry from being pushed back then dominating many opponents at the Rumble. I think he could be a huge asset to the Rumble but it all depends if Clay is ready for something like that. I mean, he did face people on NXT but he really hasn't had a big match like the Royal Rumble. The only person I see eliminating Clay would have to be Cena at the moment, well, he's the one that is more than likely going to eliminate Clay, I really hope Cena doesn't win this year though or I will be P.O'ed. I also think Clay's first feud should be with some mid-carder, I would prefer somebody smaller than him like Evan Bourne for example, not saying he should feud with Bourne but someone around his size so it could be a David vs Goliath feud. That would be okay for the ratings, everyone likes to see those, at least I do. I like to see big men like Clay toss those little guys around but in the end, the little guy overcoming the odds. What are your thoughts on something like this?
You've gotta stop with the ratings stuff, you really do. He also worked several main events with Del Rio when he was feuding with Edge & Christian and didn't look out of place at all, so yes, he is ready to be in a Royal Rumble match

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
if the wwe continued to push brodus to be a monster why would you give the guy his first feud with Bourne the guy ain't done shit, what tag champion lol. wouldn't you want someone credible to be his first victom go after a big name e,g cena, orton, punk hell rey and him could put on some great matches. Look at Umaga when he first came to the WWE he went after RIC FLAIR sure ric was old and could not do much but people took note cause flair was a ledgend and they have never seen anyone take him out like umaga did, what would it be like if the first person he went after was idk chavo or someone shit like that.

Deuce

Reaction score
Like I said, someone around Bourne's size. Yes, someone that has done plenty for the company like Mysterio but now that I think of it, he is really one of the only small guys that could have a good feud with Clay. What kind of feud would you like to see him have?

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Maybe Zack Ryder? After Royal Rumble, he should be done with Swagger and I think Clay could have a good feud with Ryder.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Clay vs Swagger would be better if Swagger turned face.