Pizza - Which style is the best one?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which pizza style do you like the most?

• Chicago

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • New York

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • California

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Which pizza style is the best, in your opinion?

CHICAGO: Extra thicc pizza, super cheesy, sauce on top.

chicago.jpg

NEW YORK: Classic Italian style pizza with super-sized slices.

new york.jpg

CALIFORNIA: Extra thin, light crispy crust with a focus on diverse toppings.

california.jpg

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
New York for me. I like thinner pizza and the traditional Italian sauces they typically use. I like the focus of the pizza to be a balance of cheese, sauce, and toppings without having more of one over the other. While New York pizza is based on Italian pizza, it still isn't Italian pizza. I have had both and Italy does it better. The sauce, cheese, and crust are perfect.

They typically don't look as good as NY style though:
margherita-2_0_0.jpg

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The kind that doesn't cause me to have an allergic reaction...

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ye, why only these lame Yank styles? Real pizza is in Italy, and every style has an italian name. Margarita, capricciosa, vesuvio, quattro formaggi, vegetariana etc etc

Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
California?

I'm not sure as Pizza is generally just Pizza in Australia...

:idk3:

Man...looking at those photos has made me hungry for
some Pizza.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Around here the New York is called a Deep Dish Pizza. When growing up I used to LOVE Pineapple and Ham on my Pizza. And I whenever Mom used to work at Papa John's In Kentucky mega years ago, I used to make my own Cheestick's with Pineapple and Ham. ??

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well my answer might be predictable, as a loyal Chicagoan. Chicago deep dish pizza just can't be beat, I don't care what Jon Stewart thinks. In fact, he probably puts ketchup on a hotdog if he thinks New York is better.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ye, why only these lame Yank styles? Real pizza is in Italy, and every style has an italian name. Margarita, capricciosa, vesuvio, quattro formaggi, vegetariana etc etc

I was really young when I lived in Italy but I still can smell the pizzeria. In fact, there was a pizzeria in the town I graduated high school from which was the only place in this country that made pizza with that smell. But yeah, Italian pizza... well, I won't say it cannot be beat, because again, I'm from Chicago, but it is definitely superior to everywhere else... especially New York, where I bet they put ketchup on hot dogs too.

Reactions: white crow

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was really young when I lived in Italy but I still can smell the pizzeria. In fact, there was a pizzeria in the town I graduated high school from which was the only place in this country that made pizza with that smell. But yeah, Italian pizza... well, I won't say it cannot be beat, because again, I'm from Chicago, but it is definitely superior to everywhere else... especially New York, where I bet they put ketchup on hot dogs too.
It's objectively superior but I'm still not a big fan. I've been to Italy since my brother in law is from there, tried the pizza and wasn't impressed at all. I just prefer Serbian pizza over any other I tried. Now, we have Italian names for pizza types, but aside from that it has nothing to do with Italian style pizza. It's way more similar to the American ones, people here just don't fancy Italian pizza taste that much.

And the weird thing about Italian restaurants is that they always bring you an unsliced whole pizza and a knife. It's supossed for you to cut it yourself for some reason. Over here, that's not the case. Whole pizza is always sliced and guests might even feel disrespected if it was uncut. I can imagine that situation "lil punk ass pizza people didn't even bother to slice this thing up for us".

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's objectively superior but I'm still not a big fan. I've been to Italy since my brother in law is from there, tried the pizza and wasn't impressed at all. I just prefer Serbian pizza over any other I tried. Now, we have Italian names for pizza types, but aside from that it has nothing to do with Italian style pizza. It's way more similar to the American ones, people here just don't fancy Italian pizza taste that much.

And the weird thing about Italian restaurants is that they always bring you an unsliced whole pizza and a knife. It's supossed for you to cut it yourself for some reason. Over here, that's not the case. Whole pizza is always sliced and guests might even feel disrespected if it was uncut. I can imagine that situation "lil punk ass pizza people didn't even bother to slice this thing up for us".

My mom used to tell me that, what you said about the unsliced pizza and the knife. I was only five when we were over there, but my mom still talks about it every now and then.

• Haha
Reactions: white crow

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
My mom used to tell me that, what you said about the unsliced pizza and the knife. I was only five when we were over there, but my mom still talks about it every now and then.
Yeah, foreigners sometimes feel pissed off about that. Especially me one time when they gave me a knife that was as sharp as a spoon.