Perfect time to bring Burke back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
Is now the time to bring Elijah Burke back? With all the talk that the WWE are trying to inject more realism into their matches, with knockouts and close fist punches, would now be the perfect time to put Burke into a major role? think about it whats more real than a legit former boxer going around knocking out jobbers for a while and making them tap out, and then stepping up and knocking out a few midcarders. We all know he has charisma, and now with more realism being injected into matches he could be the full package...

What do you guys reckon?

Moonlight Drive

I don't know when WWE said they were injecting more realism into the matches, Big Show knocking out 'Taker doesn't send that message in my eyes if that's where you got it from. It's pro wrestling, there's wild samoans, deadmen, vampires, pimps, psychos, kings and a whole lot more, realism has never been a core factor nor necessary in the sport in my view.

Anyway, now that's done. Last time I heard about Burke, he had some new gimmick (funnily enough, searching for a picture of it was how I found IWF) something similiar to Gangrel (I think). Plus I really don't think Elijah is as great as people think, half the smarks just jumped on the Burke Bandwagon because everyone else was. He's good, but he's not that good.

Montana

Elijah's role was perfect in the new breed. His cocky character worked, and for whatever reason they want to switch it up. Burke orignally came in with a boxing gimmick, and he almost lost his job.

As far as a perfect time, i don't really think there is a perfect time. Anytime will do i guess. He really wouldn't fit that well anywhere. I'd probably have him assist Shelton in his fued with Ron Killings. Thus setting up a Burke/Shelton tag team. That's probably how i would use him to start.

Vandy316

Reaction score
ive been waiting for him to come back for some time now. he has a great gimmick and they never shouldve changed/thought about changing his gimmick. i hope that they bring him back soon. they could bring him in the New Talent Initiative against Matt. Saying that he isnt exactly new to the land of extreme but has been gone long enough to be considered new. Then people would wonder if its him, Boogey, BDV, Cor Von, Macho Libre, or somebody else that has been in ECW. thats what i think is best

newmie

Reaction score
I don't know when WWE said they were injecting more realism into the matches, Big Show knocking out 'Taker doesn't send that message in my eyes if that's where you got it from.

Just lately there has been more knockouts than usual, the Big Show-Taker match was just one example, HBK-Jericho at Unforgiven also (i know it was a Street fight or whatever, but still they generally finish in pins. Also I read somewhere that close fist punches were now legal compared to the open hand strike, so yeah just something i picked up on, with his boxing background his punches could be seen as more lethal.

It's pro wrestling, there's wild samoans, deadmen, vampires, pimps, psychos, kings and a whole lot more, realism has never been a core factor nor necessary in the sport in my view.

I know what you mean, but as i said more realism into the matches, not the gimmicks and such, I have always been a fan of gimmicks such as the deadman and what not, but I meant into the matches, as they have stated several times that with MMA becoming more popular, they are just trying to add a bit more brutality into the match, without the use of weapons.

chessarmy

What WWE did to Burke is kind of like what TNA did to Kaz. Burke was starting to gain some momentum, and then they pull him from TV to try and give him some whack gimmick that isn't going to work. They need to bring him back to ECW like..right NOW, make him feud with Matt Hardy and eventually win the ECW Title. I might actually watch ECW if they did that

Kaedon

Reaction score
While i do agree that Elijah brings that kind of credibility, I honestly think he pissed in someones fruit loops to get taken off for what, 6 months? A year now?

jwdhulk

Reaction score
Keep Elijha Burke gone hes BORING. Lets bring in a real go getter like AJ Styles from TNA anyone is better than BURKE.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Keep Elijha Burke gone hes BORING. Lets bring in a real go getter like AJ Styles from TNA anyone is better than BURKE.

This is what happens when you get dropped on your head kiddies.

AJ Styles has said numerous times that he doesn't want to sign with WWE. He doesn't like WWE. He hates it. Add on the fact that he is signed to a contract in TNA, and this makes your post beyond Blue, as well as bordering off topic.

Burke is great, he has awesome charisma. One of my favourites. He could put on a good match, and there is only one reason I can see that he isn't at least a contender for the ECW Championship:

Kaedon said:
While i do agree that Elijah brings that kind of credibility, I honestly think he pissed in someones fruit loops to get taken off for what, 6 months? A year now?