PeepShow's ROH Review (Chicago Ridge - 6/27/09)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

This is going to be pretty short as I didn't take small notes on my phone like I did last time, just took pics. I'll post them once I can figure out how to get them from my phone to the laptop. =/

- Most of the pre-show was filled with jobbers I really had no idea of. The only 2 I really knew were Grizzly and BOBBY DEMPSEY. I remember that Dempsey won with a DVD, but dont remember the other 2 results.

-They opened the show with a 10 bell salute to Misawa. Very classy move.

Rhett Titus vs. Delirious vs. Egotistico Fantastico vs. Sami Callihan vs. Alex Payne
vs. Silas Young

-Don't remember much from it other than Titus. (haha) He ran around most of the match with his his ass hanging out of a thong. Nice touch. The end was good as I think just about everyone hit their finishing move. Deli won with Shadows Over Hell. Not sure who it was one, but VERY solid opener. - ***1/4

"Now Available In HD" Rasche Brown vs. Erick Stevens

-lol @ Brown changing his nickname. Also, is he a jobber? Could never figure that out with his build. Figured he'd go over in this, but Stevens gets the win, but I don't remember how. Meh match. Decent at best. - **

-OUT COMES FLAIR~! He puts over Chicago as the greatest sports and wrestling city ahead of Greensboro. Basically puts over everything he can. Says he'll definitely be going downtown tonight and have a kiss from a smokin 22 year old. haha WOOOOOOOOOOOO~

Kenny King vs. Petey Williams

-Starts out with Kenny attempting the MOONWALK and doing MJ dances. FUCKIN AWESOME. Many attempts at the Destroyer throughout the match by Petey only to come up short. Titus, who came out with King, distracted the ref, and that allowed King to steal the win with what looked like a version of the FU, lol. Good match. - ***

-Petey cuts a promo afterward saying he will be a star reborn in ROH. Fun stuff with the crowd getting all over TNA.

Tyler Black vs. KENTA

-Don't remember much other than this was AWESOME. I was so into this, the only thing I really can think of atm was KENTA's kicks. So amazing. Also the fact it took to GTS's to get the win. AMAZING match. - ****1/2

-Post match, out comes Jimmy Jacobs and about 10-15 other masked guys. (Guess part of the AOTF?) and they go crazy on Black. (btw, I said I hated AOTF's music, if you can call it music, a while back, but man, I love it now for some reason, haha.) They get ready to hang Black upside down, but out comes STEENERICO for the save! Tables turn and they end up hanging Jacobs upside down. Black would go on to say that the AOTF has died. Afterward, Jimmy criticizes all of the masked people and they walk out on him. Jimmy gets pissed and climbs over the rail. HE PUSHED ME OUT OF THE WAY AS I WAS TRYING TO TAKE A PICTURE. :mad: Still great stuff, haha.

INTERMISSION~

- During the intermission, they paid homeage to MJ by playing his songs over the speakers. Nice touch. Also, Bret Hart is announced for the upcoming Chicago show in September. GAY! I'll be in college. =/

-Also, I peaked behind the curtain and this lady was right next to me as she asked for "Scotty". I was like alright. Over comes COLT! Yay. Didn't know that was his real name. She told him good luck, so I was assuming it was his mom, since she looked just like him, lawl.

Chicago Street Fight
Colt Cabana & Brent Albright vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Joey Ryan

-Joey "Stylin" Ryan ftw! Fucking awesome brawl. To open the match, Colt tosses Claudio over the rail right toward me and Colts parents were sitting right behind me to the right. (I'll tell you how I know this later). Anyways, Colt ends up behind tossed into his dad and his dad falls back and hits his head on the equipment. Really scary situation actually. I'd find out later he was alright. Good. Colt and Brent end up winning after Colt puts puts Ryan through a table. - ***3/4

D'Lo Brown vs. Roderick Strong

-Crowd really loves D'Lo. I was rooting for Roddy though. Solid match. D'Lo was better than I thought he'd be and really brought his game. D'Lo takes the match by using the ropes for the pin. - ***

Steenerico vs. The American Wolves

-Another amazing encounter between these teams! A lot of faced paced action and good spots. Eddie takes the injury of the night aside from Cabana's dad, lol. During the match, Steen kicks him so STIFF, a white thing goes flying through the air followed by red saliva. I'm going to go ahead and assume it was a tooth, as he was holding his mouth for about 5 minutes and needed a towel. Match ends when Generico hits a top rope brainbuster on Davey. AWESOME match. ****1/4

ROH World Title
Austin Aries (c) vs. Nigel McGuinness

-Both men cut possibly the most amazing promo EVER before the match begins. Nigel says "I know you have hair around your mouth, but that doesn't mean you always have to be a pussy." Aries responds with "Well I guess the old adage holds true. I am what I eat." Classic stuff with the crowd loving it and Nigel finishing it out with "In that case, you're an asshole." haha

-Fun/Good main event. Was expecting better from these two in all honesty. Nigel gets in his clotheslines (lariats) with Aries winning with a Brainbuster. - ***1/2

- They put over most of the night that the wrestlers would be at a local pizzeria after the show, so I decided to stop on over. Once there, I saw Prazak, a couple refs including Todd Sinclair. Later, D'Lo walked in and I got his picture. Place didn't get too much action, but it was packed because it was such a small place. Then this pissed me the fuck off so much: My phone went to low battery right as COLT CABANA walked in. It was awesome though. Got to meet him as well and asked him if those were his parents and he said yeah. Asked him if his dad was alright and he said yeah. So good news. My friend took the pic of my and Colt together and as i looked at it to save it, the phone died and I lost the picture. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK. Still had a blast. All the guys were really cool and down to earth. Great fun night of wrestling and chatting. Again, once I figure out how to get the pics from my phone to my laptop, I'll post 'em.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you could take the time to read pretty much the only thing posted on this forum in the last day or so. =/

Qwake

Sounds as though you had an awesome time, the show sounds great (not as great as the last show you posted a review of though) and getting to meet and talk with some of them after the show would have been cool.

Everything you listed looks as though its definitely worth watching other then Erick Stevens' match lol. Thanks for the review :y:

PeepShow

I actually think I enjoyed this a bit more than the other. The matches were a bit better imo. The Homecoming 2 had some good ones no doubt, but just some of the stuff that went on last night was just sooooo awesome.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Last nights show sounded awesome, glad to see you had fun.

Also it's cool to see Rasche Brown in ROH now. He used to work small indys in Milwaukee until he broke his neck in a car accident. He wasn't expected to ever wrestle again, but here he is in ROH.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good.

I'm still not sold on Eddie Edwards, but you are correct that Joey Ryan is excellent.

JACOBS OWNS

Reaction score
Sound Great looking forward to the wolves And Steenerico Match