Peaky Blinders Mafia - Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I would, but I wouldn't use shit from outside the thread as reasoning.

Any particular reason why not? Made up reasoning is made up reasoning at the end of the day?

Shawn

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
eagles
Favorite Sports Team
philadelphiaflyers
Any particular reason why not? Made up reasoning is made up reasoning at the end of the day?
Just not my playstyle? idk.

Showtime

Reaction score
Well fuck me for reconsidering. Why would i want to keep someone alive who has a role that can hurt scum and make them have to maneuver accordingly, you’re right.
i mean did you think he was actually gonna be shot?

Showtime

Reaction score
so Phenom doesn't want to lynch Tweet, doesn't want to lynch Chimp, complained about the Big Man wagon on Doddsy? Great
meanwhile you want to seemingly go after everyone and anyone?

what are your town reads, rugrat. i know you had one on me that you were easily talked out of.

Showtime

Reaction score
rugrat/phen0m not aligned
big man/doddsy not aligned(mostly cause doddsy didn't push back)
odo/tweet
odo/cp

i should do that thing doc does where he makes unlikely scum teamed associations. i feel there's a lot.

Reactions: CraigPelton

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
I think Odo and I are aligned actually

Rugrat

~TOWN LEADER~
Reaction score
how is that a horseshit reason?

it's literally the reasoning used last time when everyone was dogpiling mitch and it was right then too. if everyone is jumping on the same person and calling them scum on day 1 they're probably not scum.

He wasn't dog piled - I wouldn't say it was any worse than last game frankly. I played and correctly called out the Mitch wagon, so I'd say I'm placed to identify this stuff.

Even if we work on the narrative that "everyone was calling him scum", surely the fact that from my POV that only three other players placed votes on him despite their being unanimous interest in lynching him is just as questionable.

If we accept that as a pretense, wouldnt it make more sense to push tweet, from a purely logical point of view?

It's not a pretence.

Pretty sure Tweet's getting pushed anyway. There's a fair chance a few back off in any circumstance because he supposedly has a good role.

Rugrat

~TOWN LEADER~
Reaction score
what did you learn from this one?

that Chimp v1 was town. I'm not sure if there's anyone here who could say that with absolute certainty. If he was scum, it'd have also made it fairly clear him and Skybox were aligned and it'd have helped enable me to gather a load of town reads which is how my play style works.

It also leads to questions for Tweet and those who favoured this Chimp wagon ahead of the Tweet one. There was also Phenom's odd play towards the end of the wagon and the end of day led to some questions from Skybox even though Chimp was town.

You tell me buddy boyo, what reads did we gather from the Haza wagon? All we really found out was that Odo was a day vig which we'd have found out a few days later in mass claim or when he flipped.

Showtime

Reaction score
@Showtime id say Haza v2 tomorrow?

that would be a nice direction, indeed.

especially since no one even considered it even tho both of us were on the wagon.

nice bait, Odo

eh, he usually doesn't make those posts as scum. town odo always feels like he won't be lynched ever because he's town and knows he can convey his towniness(at least in his head).

there's the amount of his involvement in day 1. most of the stuff he went for this day phase were his own reads and directions. compare this to his last scum game where he sort of just went along with what jeff was doing while 'agreeing' with what he said. he didnt try to overly involved himself in any of those pushes or be aggressive with his reads like he did this game.

also i'm not sure if odo kills the bg day 1 as scum anyways. it would make him look bad the longer he survives opposed to trying to win your favour so youre protecting him and he doesnt look bad for surviving. he wouldn't want to draw the heat of the day kill either and probably would want to use when there's less 'good players' alive to potentially criticize him for his selection.

his general attitude lines up with his town demeanor too.

there's a lot to show odo is town. but most of ALL, he said the day kill in the thread!

After ignoring him all game (which is bizarre for Sky) she reluctantly votes him when people ask why she's not, saying he's playing his scum game as town, which is just a really weird thing to say IMO.
Okay but your vote is on him now lmao

ya sky's play around chimp was weird regardless of chimp's alignment. didnt really come off naturally.

how do you know he will give himself up easily?

how do you know it wouldn't have been more beneficial to wait for him to give some reads without any pressure that we could have looked back on later?

I think he was more likely to give up others than himself based on what i've seen from him in other games

i didnt know he would give himself up easily, but it was apart of the quote i was responding to from lethal:

Your whole case on Brad is what exactly? He's perhaps the lowest hanging of fruit, and I struggle to see what motivation you have in doing this. Brad, as scum, will make himself well known soon enough.

if someone gives themselves up easily then pressuring them early and aggressively would make them uncomfortable and easier to get to panic, no?

how do i know? 9 years of experience helps. first impressions matter a lot more than letting someone get comfortable in the thread. what youre saying doesn't really even have nuance. you push them hard and you see how they react. you dont go half in, you dont make it seem like the wagon is going to go away, you put them on the spot and if they dont well in the spot you have your target.

if you think he would have given himself up easily without pressure, why do you think he would not have given himself up easily when pressured?

I guess my "better than a no lynch" habit won over in this case. That's all I can say

why was it better than a no lynch? what are your reads from the wagon?

Showtime

Reaction score
And the other thing that bothers me is how premeditated this all feels / to me it’d be more logical to sus Sky if Chimp flipped scum surely?

eh i just felt sky was weird around chimp in general.

you think cp is setting her up?

actually the @TheRedPrince what are your town reads?

Showtime

Reaction score
Currently distrust Tweet, Haza, Big Man & CP

Chimp v2 is obviously a wild card

doubt they’re all scum etc, which means someone is (probably) currently fooling me somewhat

what do you think of rugrat?

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Why are we wagoning me tomorrow?

Showtime

Reaction score
Like to me, that Doddsy vote from big man just looked 100% pointless

big man does this as scum where he just picks out a single person to go after and latches on to use that as his productivity.

i still think doddsy is town for his more reserved approach and if it was doddsy/big man as scum together i feel doddsy would have tried to distance more than he did as that's what he tends to do(which anyone that is good and has been scum with him should know lol).

Showtime

Reaction score
View attachment 3097

Couple things from this which just goes up until the day kill:

I was only ever at four votes so we can throw scum executioner out of the realm of possibility. Seems like it was a legit day kill rather than it being faked

Tweets happy to spread his vote around plenty without really pushing anything that I could see. Also conveniently got off my wagon before I was killed to avoid being there on the flip

Lethal following a different trajectory to everyone is interesting. He did that in my game I think. Didn't seem like anyone was worried about CP day 1 but he went to town on bussing him , could be something to look back at. Also wanna go back and read my thread to see how out of place his CP push was at the time

Magic was set on that brad wagon happening huh, did he ever look anywhere else once if became apparent brad wouldn't show? Would have to look at the chart after my death.

Rugrat, Barry and Big Man conservative and not putting any votes down. I'd say this looks worse for Barry than the other two.

these things require heavy context if youre going to do them.

has haza done this before as town? scum? effort-wise not really a thing scum does but i think he got this from perc lol.

like i voted brad and pushed that awhile then wasn't around for hours so of course my vote stayed on him.

big man only showed up for a chunk of day so he wasn't really conservative with his vote as much as he came in, voted, and then wasn't around.

rugrat wasnt conservative, he just had directions he liked and ones he didn't like.

barry is the only conservative one in the bunch. actually what does everyone think of odo's play?

Status
Not open for further replies.