• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PCO NOT leaving Impact

Chris

Dreams are Endless
PCO recently discussed why he is leaving Impact Wrestling during an appearance on Les Anti-Pods de la Lutte.

The 55-year-old's contract expires on October 30 and he says negotiations for a new deal broke down over recent weeks. PCO told Pat Laprade and Kevin Raphael that he asked for a salary increase and more control over his character when the promotion approached him about re-signing.

“The company began approaching me in White Plains on the weekend of September 8 and 9. They said they wanted to re-sign me, that they wanted me to stay and all that," PCO said on the show. "And that it was important for the company. I asked if they could increase my salary, and creatively speaking, if I could get more involved with my character.”

“The next day, I thought we were going to agree on terms. It came close twice, then it drew on a bit. Then, I was told that we had to reach an agreement, at least on the phone, before Memphis, which was the 22 or 23, in order to know how to book Memphis and Bound for Glory. On Saturday no news, no phone calls, radio silence in a sense. There are a lot of people around me in the locker room who have not been renewed yet and who finished on the 22. So I figured I wasn't going to stretch it until Bound For Glory, since my contract finishes on October 30. I felt negotiations were tough so I decided to control how I was gonna leave.”

“I think that's part of the negotiations too. When there’s radio silence after they tell you ‘We want you and we will sign you’. There’s like some kind of a war of nerves that is being played. Who will break first? If they show too much interest, they know you're going to ask for the moon, but if they show less, they think you're going to feel less important. The goal is to find the right balance.”

PCO was asked if he felt the recent WWE releases influenced his negotiations with Impact Wrestling.

“Of course it did," he responded. "Already there were names mentioned by people close to the office. The names that were circulating were (Matt) Riddle, (Dolph) Ziggler and Mustafa Ali. These are the three names that supposedly Impact would try to sign.”

News broke last week that PCO would be testing free agency when his contract expires. PCO says that he's in a good position to choose the best possible offer.

“There has been some kind of a movement since I submitted my resignation. It seems that everyone has realized that PCO is leaving. It reopened the discussions a bit,” he said.

“Therefore, it puts me in a position where I can take the best offer possible. There are many things to consider. How are you going to be used, how much are they willing to invest in a character like mine, which is a character that’s extremely expensive because sometimes, it takes pyrotechnics, sometimes it takes a coffin, sometimes it takes a hearse. It takes a lot of creativity. It would take me the equivalent in another company.”

AEW is set to debut in Montreal, Quebec on December 5 and 6 from the Bell Centre. PCO says he could help move tickets for the shows if he is on them.

“I'm sure that if I’m on the shows, I would (sell) tickets. We could do a lot of promotion, a media tour, conventional media, and then explain what All Elite Wrestling is. I think it could make a big difference. Because we see it when Kevin and Sami come to Quebec, Quebecers get behind us in a strong way.”

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Increase his salary? What was he making currently? If he wants to close to main event money, I'd balk at that too. He was actually in GCW too before he went to IMPACT. If nobody signs him I can see him showing up in the NWA.