Paul Heyman Rants on State of Professional Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
There's no follow up needed there. He hit it right on the head. Really this concept of being a go-getter, applies to just about everything in life.

Reaction score
He's right about a few things:

Shawn Michaels is the greatest all around in ring performer ever.

People don't snag opportunity. Last person to really do it was Cena and he BLEW up. CM Punk did it to an extent last summer, but since then has become a crowd pandering babyface that matches Cena. Bryan is the only unique character right now in the WWE. I honestly have no reason to care right now at this moment. Cena vs Big Show? BORING. Bryan vs. Punk? Seen it 50 times better on the indies, seen it 50 times in the last three months. Love Bryan, really think he could be a mega star. Punk's boring. There are no refreshing heels. No managers like Heyman to get some of these people over. They have Vickie and she was getting Dolph over and now he's fallen back to the pack. R Truth as a heel was refreshing as a heel, now he's just the blackest dude in one of only two tag teams on the roster, in which the other team is black.

It's boring right now. I hope Bryan takes the belt from Punk. I hope Cena loses to Big Show. I hope Cena snaps and turns heel. I would actually be excited to see Lesnar vs. HHH so long Heyman does one of his "shoots" on Trips in the process. Heel Cena should smash through Punk, smash through everyone and the closest person to stop him is Bryan. Bryan becomes a MEGA face, Cena becomes a MEGA heel, Punk gets that sympathy necessary to cross over into MEGA face turf. Heel Cena is refreshing, heel Cena creates a MEGA star in Bryan, cements Punk as a legit MEGA star and Cena remains refreshing. Hell, have Cena team with Lesnar to go against Punk and Bryan. So many problems with the product can hypothetically be resolved with simple booking and refreshing steps.

There's a reason Heyman mentioned Punk and Bryan...they are the only ones willing to get where they are going by getting on down the road. Ziggler sucks. He can bump like a million bucks, but he looks generic and is subpar on the mic. Kofi is black and he jumps. That's about it. Miz got complacent and that's why he has been demoted. Sheamus ate shit, showed grit and is getting rewarded. But you take those that are hungry, step out of the comfort zone the E has been in since 05 and give some chances to those that haven't been afraid to take them. Sounds simple; utilize Cena to create two more guys to carry the mantle with him. Orton is gone, so go for it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Has Punk become stale, or has WWE gone stale on Punk? I get if he's like Cena, given all the freedom in the world, and he stays corny... but the fact there was even a report that he was asked to stop the pipebomb shit in the first place tells me the E is the cause of a majority of his problems. It's also hilarious they think Cena/Ace wasn't a booking problem, but that Punk/Dragon was. Or that Punk/Jericho caused horrible sales... but they keep the title on him because he's moving merchandise right now.

As I pointed out, it goes to what CM Punk said... you can translate the promo they give you, but you've got to stick to the basic guidelines of it...

I'm with you on turning Cena heel... especially now that he's starting to gain a little more support recently. But I think it elevates beyond Cena/Punk/Bryan... you're looking at a possibility (now with the Jericho/Orton suspensions) to have Ziggler/Miz/Rhodes step up. BTW, if rumors of Cody/Punk at the end of the summer are true, I'm all for it... but right now, I think it's wise to supplant Jericho's spot with Miz... send him to SmackDown so he can dominate Sheamus... turn Ziggler face and let him pander. But the E needs to give these guys some damn leash for their promos.

Reaction score
I agree with alot of what you say, except the Ziggler thing. Dude is Marty Janetty 2.0, can look like a million bucks in the ring, but everywhere else he's a friggin DUD. Pure cheese on the mic, terrible look, I just can't get into him in anything outside his ring work.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
No to Miz, send him and his spray tan somewhere else. I really hope Cody becomes a go getter this summer, he doesn't need to be in this Christian feud right now. He should be taking advantage of Orton's suspension.

Ziggler aka #SellGawd does get noticed for his sells but aside from that, he's pretty generic. He's missing something though, I am glad he's moving away from Vickie because they've accomplished nothing in months.

the408kid

Reaction score
Interesting rant! Can be applied to anything in life.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Re: Ziggler... like I said, I'm not blaming anyone for a terrible promo if they can at least deliver the words correctly. He's not like Ace who can't say 4 words without forgetting wtf he's supposed to say next. It's not like Cena who gets left out there and told to sell being clueless and waiting for an appearance from one person and getting another. Ziggler can promo... maybe not great, but there was a time when they said most guys couldn't talk. It's all about that chance. The look, yeah it's generic and been done plenty, but if he's in his comfort zone with his look, the rest should fall right in.

Re: Miz... you can't send him somewhere else. Like I said, he's too good for TNA, he's not good enough in Triple H's eyes. Send him to SmackDown, give him another push, make him a credible foe against Sheamus and let it all play out how it's supposed to. By the end of the summer, you'd have a heel Miz running Smackdown with Sheamus & Ziggler as your faces and even put Del Rio in the title hunt as a heel too, to keep things fresh.... Raw you're got heel Cena going against face Punk... even throw Ace in Cena's corner at that point... and Bryan can be your face champ at that point conquering giants like Show and A-Train (or whatever he's repackaged as) while Cody sneaks in as a credible threat to Bryan. Have Christian in the mix on both shows as your MITB winner. All that builds up huge to post-SummerSlam when Brock's back and he can start throwing Punk around arenas.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
HAHA Christian came back to win the fucking IC title. I seriously doubt they will book him to win the MITB. Which is a shame. The guy leaves after being world champ and transitioning to a great heel to come back and get knocked right back to the bottom-in rankings and in character.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I said transitioning. He was getting there imo >_>