Paul Heyman Promo 4/18.. Possible Feud?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think Cesaro could get stupidly over by beating Brock Lesnar.

But I think you waste every bit of heat you just created by having Brock accomplish the impossible feat of Ending the Streak. What Brock needs is for his next feud to be one where he dominates his opponent. It could be that he's going to dominate Cesaro as the follow-up to Mania, but that stupidly (and not in a good way this time) wastes all the investment WWE has made in Cesaro over the last few months, including the inaugural win in the Andre Battle Royal.

A quick feud between Heyman/Lesnar and Cesaro smacks of slingshot booking. It's wasting the months (years in the case of the buildup of the Streak) of buildup you've invested in either man (or both men, actually) for a quick result. If you want to build Cesaro as one of the faces of the future, he has to continue to be successful in what he does. If you want to build Lesnar as the BEAST INCARNATE (caps done on purpose), then he has to be dominant for a while. At some point, these two paths can cross and benefit both men and the company, but don't give it to us now. It can only damage the loser and hurt the product long-term.

wk

I know I will be wrong about this but this is my thinking.... Lesnar is a part timer and Cesaro is in this for the long haul. Personally, I would allow someone to get the rub from Lesnar almost immediately upon him building up the heat... because what is the point of him having that heat and only doing 3 or 4 matches a year when Cesaro could have that rub from Lesnar and then go on a Goldbergesque winning streak.... that's what I want to see happen.... beat anyone and everyone who steps up after he beats Lesnar... eventually getting int a feud for the world title and winning that and holding it for 6 months or so before finally Reigns or someone else beats him for it. So much can be done with Cesaro... he has crazy potential if WWE would get their heads out of their asses and stop catering to part timers and give the wrestlers who work hard what they are due... that's what I want to see.

Last edited:

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I know I will be wrong about this but this is my thinking.... Lesnar is a part timer and Cesaro is in this for the long haul. Personally, I would allow someone to get the rub from Lesnar almost immediately upon him building up the heat... because what is the point of him having that heat and only doing 3 or 4 matches a year when Cesaro could have that rub from Lesnar and then go on a Goldbergesque winning streak.... that's what I want to see happen.... beat anyone and everyone who steps up after he beats Lesnar... eventually getting int a feud for the world title and winning that and holding it for 6 months or so before finally Reigns or someone else beats him for it. So much can be done with Cesaro... he has crazy potential if WWE would get their heads out of their asses and stop catering to part timers and give the wrestlers who work hard what they are due... that's what I want to see.

We're having this conversation in two different threads.

I'll simplify here by simply saying that I can almost guarantee that a Cesaro/Lesnar match this soon after Mania (yes, I mean Summerslam 2014) is a defeat for Cesaro and, I think, it's a damaging one.

wk

Reactions: Just Kevin

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cesaro needs to turn either heel or face, he's a tweener right now. I don't mind that, he's one of my favorites, but he really needs a turn.

So, if this match with Brock is bound to happen, it'd certainly turn Cesaro face, which is cool.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Eh, didn't we all assume already that Cesaro and Lesnar would eventually feud? Having the feud happen anytime this year would be a bad idea, of course, but it's inevitable that the two will collide at some point now that Cesaro (one of the future faces of the WWE, and thus one of the most susceptible from attaining a rub from Brock Lesnar) is a Paul Heyman Guy.

I personally think that Cesaro will eventually get tired of hearing Heyman boost about Lesnar's Streak-Killing accolade sooner than later, and will basically tell Paul to focus more on him and less on Lesnar when he's the one who's with him side by side every week. Heyman will apologize, and tell Cesaro he means no disrespect and that will be the end of that.

Not that that will instigate a rivalry with Lesnar immediately, but it would be a subtle hint of one coming much later on.

I could see this happening. I notice it seems like Cesaro is acting face and Lesnar is anything but. I mean, when's the last time a "Heyman guy" extended his hand for a pre-match handshake in the ring like Cesaro did? I just don't get the heel vibe from Cesaro as a Heyman guy yet. Heyman, shiiiit, all he has to do is come out and go "My name is Paul Heyman" to get some heat, but Cesaro......I don't see it yet. They are going to have to have him to do something shockingly heelish to push that transition into full swing (pun not intended).

Cesaro is technically still a babyface in a manner of speaking. He's paired up with a heel, but so was Sting when he joined the Four Horsemen as a fan favorite back in late 80's/early 90's WCW. The idea is that in kayfabe, who the fans cheer for and who they hate isn't always supposed to have an impact on a superstar's decision-making in who they decide to associate with or not. In this case, Cesaro knows he has the crowd's support at this point (hence why he would say "We... The People" along with the crowd), but he's not out to antagonize the fans, he just sees that Heyman is a better manager to have at your side than Coulter if you want to advance your career. Just look at some of the guys Heyman has managed or recruited (counting for his ECW promotion) over the years - Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, etc. All whom went on to achieve varying degrees of success. Why wouldn't Cesaro want to associate with this guy if he wants to go straight to the top? At the same time though, they still want the fans to love Cesaro because their long-term plan is to have him break away from Heyman and collide with Brock as a babyface. It's why Cesaro's heel mannerisms have been practically non-existent thus far (except for trying to cost RVD his match last Monday on Raw.)