Paul Heyman Promo 4/18.. Possible Feud?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

I think his client Brock Lesnar conquered the Streak lol

Now.. I can't help but to notice that Heyman is so caught up with the conquering of the Streak that he is hardly promoting his newest client.. The King of Swing, The Swiss Superman Cesaro. 10 seconds to Cesaro and 3 minutes to Lesnar. In my mind, if I were a writer for WWE, this would be purposely done by Heyman every week in order to show who the more important client is to him... in time I would have Cesaro ask him why he keeps talking about Lesnar when he is supposed to be representing Cesaro as well. I would eventually have that form into a resentment of Lesnar on Cesaro's part leading to a separation from Heyman and a feud with Lesnar.

What would you guys think of a Lesnar/Cesaro feud sometime in the near future?

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I mean, Cesaro/Lesnar is fine, but they can't start building towards the feud immediately after Cesaro became a Heyman Guy. They have to run with that for a while and then after some good time start doing this.

Reactions: Wilby and Swift

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

I think his client Brock Lesnar conquered the Streak lol

Now.. I can't help but to notice that Heyman is so caught up with the conquering of the Streak that he is hardly promoting his newest client.. The King of Swing, The Swiss Superman Cesaro. 10 seconds to Cesaro and 3 minutes to Lesnar. In my mind, if I were a writer for WWE, this would be purposely done by Heyman every week in order to show who the more important client is to him... in time I would have Cesaro ask him why he keeps talking about Lesnar when he is supposed to be representing Cesaro as well. I would eventually have that form into a resentment of Lesnar on Cesaro's part leading to a separation from Heyman and a feud with Lesnar.

What would you guys think of a Lesnar/Cesaro feud sometime in the near future?

I like your take on it and it makes sense. I've questioned the Cesaro/Heyman relationship up to this point as far as providing any entertainment as a duo and IMO I'll continue to say Real American Cesaro was >>> this, but if they build toward a Lesnar match with the idea of Heyman not paying enough attention to Cesaro it could be good. Also that would leave Cesaro as a face, which I want to see him as rather than a heel.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Honestly, I don't think there is anything in it. I think it's just a case of Heyman continuing to gloat until Lesnar's next feud is up, so they can continue the rolling ball of heat that they're currently getting for ending the biggest streak in wrestling history. I think it's inevitable that Cesaro and Lesnar go head to head, but I think that's probably quite far into the future yet, and I'm sure WWE isn't smart enough to start planting those seeds right away.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Lesnar vs. Cesaro sounds fantastic but like others have already said not for a long time yet.

Cesaro needs to be built up more before going up against a big attraction talent like Brock Lesnar. I'm excited to see where Cesaro is going as a Paul Heyman guy, I previously stated that I did not think that Cesaro could make it as a main-event guy and to be honest I'm thinking that now I could be wrong. Really rooting for a Cesaro MITB win.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I could see this happening. I notice it seems like Cesaro is acting face and Lesnar is anything but. I mean, when's the last time a "Heyman guy" extended his hand for a pre-match handshake in the ring like Cesaro did? I just don't get the heel vibe from Cesaro as a Heyman guy yet. Heyman, shiiiit, all he has to do is come out and go "My name is Paul Heyman" to get some heat, but Cesaro......I don't see it yet. They are going to have to have him to do something shockingly heelish to push that transition into full swing (pun not intended).

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Spoiler for those who haven't watched RAW yet...

Last night this was pushed even more... from Heyman coming out and being intentionally cut to commercial so that when they come back from commercial we can see he was talking about Lesnar the whole break... the announcers mentioning that if the cameras can stay off of Heyman then Cesaro would have a better chance... the backstage segment with RVD warning Cesaro that if he wanted his career to go anywhere he'd get as far away from Heyman as possible. These are all things hinting at the, I think sooner rather than later, break up from Heyman and then Heyman siccing Lesnar on Cesaro starting what will be an awesome feud.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Strange as it seems already it does indeed seem to be going this way already.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think there is anything in it. I think it's just a case of Heyman continuing to gloat until Lesnar's next feud is up, so they can continue the rolling ball of heat that they're currently getting for ending the biggest streak in wrestling history. I think it's inevitable that Cesaro and Lesnar go head to head, but I think that's probably quite far into the future yet, and I'm sure WWE isn't smart enough to start planting those seeds right away.

So you don't think WWE creative is smart enough to think that one great way to have Cesaro become stupidly over with fans is to have him beat the 1 guy who put the 1 in 21-1 and that having Heyman brag incessantly about it, making it much more important than promoting his newest client, is not a great way of bringing about that feud and potential match. Now, it is almost guaranteed that it will be Cesaro/Swagger at ER and after Monday night with RVD warning Cesaro of Heyman and him spending 10 seconds on Cesaro and a full 5 minutes on bragging about Lesnar that eventually Cesaro will tire of hearing about it and confront Heyman? Personally I think it will be about 3 months down the road, let's say Summerslam possibly.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Gosh, just have sex with him and get it over with Paul.

Seriously, It was almost sexual him on he's knee's screaming "MY CLIENT! BROCK LESNAR"

Pretty good promo though!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
So you don't think WWE creative is smart enough to think that one great way to have Cesaro become stupidly over with fans is to have him beat the 1 guy who put the 1 in 21-1 and that having Heyman brag incessantly about it, making it much more important than promoting his newest client, is not a great way of bringing about that feud and potential match. Now, it is almost guaranteed that it will be Cesaro/Swagger at ER and after Monday night with RVD warning Cesaro of Heyman and him spending 10 seconds on Cesaro and a full 5 minutes on bragging about Lesnar that eventually Cesaro will tire of hearing about it and confront Heyman? Personally I think it will be about 3 months down the road, let's say Summerslam possibly.

I think Cesaro could get stupidly over by beating Brock Lesnar.

But I think you waste every bit of heat you just created by having Brock accomplish the impossible feat of Ending the Streak. What Brock needs is for his next feud to be one where he dominates his opponent. It could be that he's going to dominate Cesaro as the follow-up to Mania, but that stupidly (and not in a good way this time) wastes all the investment WWE has made in Cesaro over the last few months, including the inaugural win in the Andre Battle Royal.

A quick feud between Heyman/Lesnar and Cesaro smacks of slingshot booking. It's wasting the months (years in the case of the buildup of the Streak) of buildup you've invested in either man (or both men, actually) for a quick result. If you want to build Cesaro as one of the faces of the future, he has to continue to be successful in what he does. If you want to build Lesnar as the BEAST INCARNATE (caps done on purpose), then he has to be dominant for a while. At some point, these two paths can cross and benefit both men and the company, but don't give it to us now. It can only damage the loser and hurt the product long-term.

wk

Reactions: Larsosc and Swift