Paul Heyman is a Genius

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
[YT]ctpW7HhlRs0[/YT]

Couldn't agree more. I'd give anything to see what Heyman could do with TNA in one year.

...god...

Reaction score
Yup, he really is. He's far above the other guys who 'shoot' and 'interview' trying to gauge the current product like Jim Cornette and Lance Storm in my opinion. Listening to this guy talk is so intuitive and you really can feel he knows what he's talking about and it's interesting and sad as hell he doesn't have power.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The only thing I don't respect about Heyman from a business standpoint is that he didn't knock Vince on his ass and demand creative control. Vince honestly believed Heyman was going to run WWE into the dirt, and did everything he could to do the opposite of what Heyman wanted, and well... it's damn near run the E into the dirt. But if you look around in the E right now, they're doing everything that Heyman suggested he would have done with TNA, so someone got the memo.

I don't blame him for not wanting to start something from the ground up again... but I damn sure wish he would.

Reaction score
^^^^there's not enough talent for him to start something from scratch. Even hidden behind the heyman cloak and hardcore atmosphere, the core ECW guys had the "it" that very few indy guys have today. Give him something established like tna or roh and he'd turn that lemon into a steak dinner.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^^^^there's not enough talent for him to start something from scratch. Even hidden behind the heyman cloak and hardcore atmosphere, the core ECW guys had the "it" that very few indy guys have today. Give him something established like tna or roh and he'd turn that lemon into a steak dinner.

There are a lot of guys getting out of their contracts recently. He could easily convince Lesnar to come with him, CM Punk... perhaps motivate Joe if he ever decides to leave TNA. I'm sure there are guys in RoH who would just as soon try and leave to join with him.

But you're right, that's not nearly enough talent to build anything up... but it would be a very impressive start.

Reaction score
One thing I noticed he didn't mention Kurt Angle in the Legend bracket, so does that mean that Angle would have been his legend. He is bang on with putting the young guns over, if they had him in creative power then they might not have epically failed as bad on Monday nights. I still think Vince should have kept him on to help develope the youngsters down in Florida then maybe in turn NXT would not have sucked so bad. Paul Heyman will always be a legend in this industry.

Rell

Reaction score
Angle is the ONE established guy I'd keep

Flair, Hogan, Stink, Steiner, etc. = unemployment

I'm not 100% sold on Dixie being too "nice" to cut these guys loose. I simply think the bitch is stupid and actually believes they're what people want to see.

Vintage

Reaction score
Just wondering what your opinions are on this, if Heyman was to get resigned by the WWE as opposed to TNA, what do you think he'd do with that? I'm sure he'd have a blast being that there's so much talent on the roster atm. Heyman seems to really be on another level creatively when it comes to foresight in the wrestling business. Anyone think he would have pushed Zack Ryder?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^In WWE? No. If he had a guy do what Zack Ryder did and didn't have Vince breathing down his neck, yes.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Heyman is spot on here. He's not trying to get rid of everyone with name value. He knows and TNA fans know that no one wants to see Hogan and Bischoff's old asses all over TV. For what? They've proven that they have hurt the ratings rather than help it. Get rid of Sting. He's irrelevant. The only guy I'd keep is Angle because people still care about him. Give JJ a backstage or board position. Keep Anderson, Pope, and Jeff as long as they keep their focus on the X division and tag teams (two areas that can bring them out as a true alternative to WWE). For all these major ROH guys they used to have like Aries, McGuinness, etc, bring those guys in and treat them as breakout stars. TNA doesn't need their noses in Pro-Wrestling's garbage can. They need Diamonds in the Rough (remember that ORIGINAL TNA tag team? Of course you don't) meaning guys they can work with, put on TV and make something of themselves. That's the TNA I wanted to watch. You have Dixie who doesn't know shit about 2011 pro wrestling so she wants to bring in every wrestling figure that were relevant when she was younger (and since she's never been a wrestling fan that'd be all the household names like Hogan) and you have Hogan and Bischoff who can't stay off of TV and keep themselves in stupid storylines switching from heel to face every 3 weeks. And for god sakes, AJ STYLES IS YOUR POSTER BOY...treat him like it.

Axis

Reaction score
I thought this was a fitting thread to post a fucking horrible Paul Heyman idea.

----

You might have heard the new Paul Heyman interview from over the weekend where he revealed some of his plans if he went to TNA last summer, particularly with younger, new talent. I'll add something to that involving the man now known as Daniel Bryan in WWE. I was in the loop with Heyman about going to TNA. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't about to give up Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE, which are both very close to my heart, but I was going to figure out a way to possibly be involved with everything and even possibly tie in DGUSA and EVOLVE, but that's another subject for another time and was a long, long way from happening.

In the middle of all the TNA/Heyman talks, Bryan Danielson was fired by WWE last June. After Bryan called me, I immediately called Heyman and in just a little while Paul had a brilliant plan to make Bryan a star in TNA. It was a four parter:

1) Have Bryan debut a new submission and tap out EVERYONE in under a minute.

2) At the same time introduce a new, huge monster with a new high impact move and have him beat everyone quickly. I'm thinking Goldberg meets 911 here.

3) After 3-6 months, have Bryan and the monster collide and have Bryan tap him out in under a minute. This puts over the submission and Bryan like a million bucks. Have Bryan continue tapping people out. After a year or so, Bryan cuts a promo saying "I've tapped out everyone in this company..."

4) This all leads to Kurt Angle, after one year, coming out and confronting Bryan saying that he never tapped him out and that TNA is Angle's company. Bryan vs. Angle is on! Tell me that wouldn't sell some PPVs with that build up.

Instead, we were fortunate to have Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan for a nice run in both DGUSA and EVOLVE. He gave us some great matches in DGUSA against Shingo at "Enter The Dragon", YAMATO at "Untouchable 2010" and recent WWE signing Jon Moxley at "Way Of The Ronin". We happen to have just started a www.DGUSA.tv Weekly Special where all these DVDs are 25% off. Trust me, all these are worth going out of your way to see, especially if you are a Bryan fan.

We also had Bryan on two EVOLVE events before he returned full-time to WWE. He had hard-hitting, brutal matches against Bobby Fish at EVOLVE 4 and Munenori Sawa at EVOLVE 5. You can get both these DVDs at www.EVOLVEwrestling.com for just $25. Again, these are a must see, especially for all Bryan fans.

I don't know if Bryan would have signed with TNA, but I do think there was a window in June/early July of last year where he probably would have if Heyman and I went there. Now the window on everyone is slammed shut. Just another "what could have been."

Axis

Reaction score
Yeah he's in FCW as Dean Ambrose or something.

Reaction score
How exactly is that a "horrible" idea. Run through a roster that is absolutely worthless in terms of draw power and build two stars at the same time that sells ppvs along the way, make one huge franchise star after a match that would sell more than anything TNA has known, then follow it up with the potential match of the year and break their previous ppv record. That sounds pretty fucing awesome, regardless of 1 minute taps. You create a bankable star who is young that you can build around for 10 plus years, you create numbers that the company hasn't seen, you make kurt angle relevant again and your company is finally showing signs of profitability and life with fresh ideas. If that's a "horrible" idea, what's your grasp on great ideas?

KenFan4life

Reaction score

Probably cause the guys back then were actually trained and were in "fit" wrestler shape (like 210 -280 pounds) compared to the current backyard average joe (170 pound out of shape) indy guys nowadays.

by the way, wtf axis, that was an awesome idea from Heyman (alot better than Old Guy Stable vs Young Guy Stable).