Paranormal Activity 4 officially announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
There's a very good chance that the Paranormal Activity franchise will never die. The most expensive movie in the series only cost $5 million, and all three have made at least $175 million at the global box office. Even if Paranormal Activity 16 makes $10 million at the global box office we will probably see another one. Following the release of Paranormal Activity 3 - which shattered multiple October/fall records - I wrote a feature trying to figure out not if there will be another movie, but what it will be about. Now Paramount Pictures has confirmed my theory as they have confirmed that Paranormal Activity 4 is in the works.

STYD has received a press release from the studio announcing their upcoming slate for 2012 and included in that release is word of yet another Paranormal Activity movie. The release itself announced that Paramount won 2011 with the highest total worldwide box office sales, bringing in $5.17 billion in the last 12 months. Other movies on Paramount's docket for this year include World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and The Dictator. Paranormal Activity 3 played a major role in Paramount's earnings, totaling $203 million in global box office receipts, making it the most successful of the series.

So once again I pose the question: where does the franchise go from here? In my previous post, I suggested a straight up sequel, following a new family, or even possibly (but not likely) abandoning the found footage format? But where do you think that they should go with Paranormal Activity 4?

So I haven't seen PA3 yet, but this excites me. I actually love the franchise now and can't wait til 3 gets released on Blu Ray. I'm hoping they leave off after the second one so we can see what happened to Ali, Katie and Hunter.