Paradise Pro Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
The Backstory

The year is 2004, Brock Lesnar is on top of top of the WWE, TNA is starting to gain traction and small promotions such as Ring of Honor, MLW, CHIKARA, PWG and CZW are slowly growing. NJPW looks to conquer Japan but faces competition in NOAH and AJPW. CMLL and AAA are competing over the talent and market share in Mexico.
Among all of this one washed up former WCW World Heavyweight Champion has had an epiphany and decides to come back to the business that he holds so dear to his heart. After shooting a movie in Japan for the last 6 months, David has returned to Hollywood with a new found passion for the sport of wrestling. All of the great Japanese wrestling he witnessed recently has inspired him to create his own wrestling "paradise" in the pacific.
David Arquette presents: Paradise Pro Wrestling.

+PPW2.jpg

The Beginning

Paradise Pro Wrestling is a wrestling company founded by David Arquette in Honolulu, HI. Personally funded by Arquette, the companies finances aren't great. In it's current state, PPW holds weekly house shows in front of tiny crowds with four big wrestling events each year. The "granddaddy of them all" is King's Ransom, presented each September. PPW's big spring show is "Wrestling in Paradise". Two tournament finals, "The Island Invitational" in June and "The Paradise Super Juniors Finals" in December, round out the rest of the big events. Due to our limited budget, PPW does not provide a live feed for it's fans. However all who wish to may order the quarterly highlight tape titled "Paradise Live" that features 3 action packed hours of the best moments from the past quarter. These tapes will arrive in all pre-order customer's mailboxes by the Saturday before each event. The June and December editions will include all tournament matches leading up to the semi finals. With your highlight tape, you will receive updated rankings and records of all active wrestlers. For any questions feel free to contact the webmaster at www.paradisepro.com

Current Heavyweight Division Roster
Alex Shane
Antonio Banks
Bobby Roode
C.W. Anderson
Claudio Castagnoli
Colt Cabana
Elijah Burke
Incognito
Joker
Ray Gonzalez
Sonny Siaki
Tony Jones

Current Junior Heavyweight Division Roster
AJ Styles
Kid Klash
Low-Ki
Osamu Namiguchi
Roderick Strong
Shark Boy
Shawn Daivari
Shawn Spears
Skayde
Stefano
Tony Mamaluke
Xavier

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dat backstory tho :WOW I'll be reading for sure

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
In on this. :mark:

Reactions: Greedy

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm very interested. Which version of TEW are you playing this on and what kind of schedule is that, that you have described?

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I will follow along to this. :WOW

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
*note that some spoilers are double stacked*

PPWLive - Copy - Copy.jpg

Paradise Live Highlight Tape Jan-Mar 2004

Intro filmed in a studio setting
David Arquette.jpg

David Arquette thanks you for your purchase of the first ever Paradise Live Highlight Tape. He promises you a one of a kind experience and tells you to buckle up for the ride.

January 15th 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Relson Gracie Dojo. Attendance: 22
ArquetteRay Gonzalez.jpg

Interview

David Arquette interviews Ray Gonzalez in the ring in front of a live crowd. This is the first ever PPW show and the few fans in attendance pop hard for Ray. Arquette asks Gonzalez what he hopes to accomplish with Paradise Pro. Gonzalez takes a second before announcing that ever since he was a child he only has had one dream, and that was to be a champion. He states that he's accomplished that dream, but the dream never ends. Every time he has the opportunity to fight for another championship the fire inside of him reignites. He notes that when Arquette called he felt the fire reignite again and that his dream hasn't died, he wants to be the first Paradise Heavyweight Champion!
Rating: 68

January 22nd 2004 in Hayward, CA at the APW Garage. Attendance: 12
AJ Styles 2.jpgKid Kash.jpgLow Ki.jpgStefano.jpg
AJ Styles and Kid Kash vs Low-Ki and Stefano in a tag team match
In the main event of the evening Kash and Low-Ki start opposite of each other. This match started out slow, with Low-Ki taking an early advantage with excellent striking. After tagging in Stefano, Kash is able to hit a hot tag and momentum switches into the favor of AJ styles. AJ abuses Stefano before he's finally able to make a tag and we get some back and forth between Styles and Low-Ki. During this back and forth we get a forced tag from Kash, which visibly upsets Styles. Kash gets more offense in this time around on Low-ki eventually forcing a tag. Stefano can't seem to keep up with Kash and Kash finishes Stefano with a Dead Level.
AJ Styles and Kid Kash defeat Low-Ki and Stefano in 30:21
Rating: 42

February 5th 2004 in Waipahu, HI at the FilCom Center. Attendance: 22
Xavier.jpgRoderick Strong.jpg

Xavier vs Roderick Strong in a singles match

At the start of the match both of these young competitors shake hands. They both look very confident. After a tie up, Strong gets the upper hand in some technical mat wrestling. Xavier is able to make some key reversals, but unable to ever really take an advantage. Following a timely rope break that looked like Strong was about to take the match by submission, Xavier is able to force Strong to the outside and jumps over the top rope onto him! While Strong seemed dominant in the opening stages it appears as though he may have done too much. He looks exhausted. Xavier capitalizes on this with some intense strikes inside the ring. With Strong down Xavier is able to hit the 450 Degrees of Fear from the top rope and get the three count!
Xavier defeats Roderick Strong in 24:56
Rating: 32

February 12th 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Relson Gracie Dojo. Attendance: 22
Kamala.jpgRay Gonzalez.jpg

Kamala vs Ray Gonzalez in a singles match
Kamala and Ray Gonzalez stand and stare-down each other to start the match as the crowd offers a loud applause. Slowly Kamala and Gonzalez trade strikes, with Kamala getting the upper hand. Frustrated, Gonzalez begins to throw wild strikes at Kamala before engaging in a technical display. For a period Gonzalez takes control with fluid transitions. Kamala has enough and delivers a chopping spree that debilitates Gonzalez for a short period. None the less it isn't enough to keep Gonzalez down, as he regains momentum through sheer strength. With Kamala exhausted on the ground, Gonzalez sets up a figure four leg lock and gets the win by submission after a tough showing by Kamala.
Ray Gonzalez defeats Kamala in 9:40
Rating: 41

February 26 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Tiger Muay Thai Gym. Attendance: 22
CW-Anderson.jpgJoker.jpg

C.W. Anderson vs Joker in a singles match

Anderson and Joker immediately get to work with intense strikes. Very back and forth from the start. Joker picks up slight momentum taking Anderson to the outside and using some environmental offense. Once back inside, Anderson hits a switch and delivers a monster lariat out of nowhere. With momentum on his side now, Anderson is able to apply some damaging basic offense. Joker is bleeding! The sight of blood send Joker on a rampage, delivering devastating strikes to Anderson. After a near fall both men are slow to get up. Exhausted but focused, both men carry on back and forth with strikes and basic offense until Anderson sees the perfect opportunity and delivers his spinebuster! 1... 2... 3!
C.W. Anderson defeats Joker in 24:48 by pinfall
Rating: 48
CW-Anderson.jpg
Promo
Following his match with Joker, Anderson still seems frustrated. Covered in Jokers blood, he stands up and calls for a mic. In front of the crowd he stands in obvious anger. " I'm not out here for fun. I'm not out here for a payday. I'm not out here to prove myself. Yet time and time again I'm having to prove myself with little reward. I'm not asking for a handout, but I'm demanding what's already been earned, a match at Wrestling in Paradise!" Just as Anderson begins to exit the ring, Ray Gonzalez enters with mic in hand.
Ray Gonzalez.jpg
Promo
"Woah, woah. Don't get all upset. As you know, I've been granted the opportunity to fight in the first ever Paradise Heavyweight Championship match after my recent performances. I have to say, after what I've seen from you tonight, along with the battles I've seen you in over the past two months, it would be my honor to officially challenge you for the Championship at Wrestling in Paradise." C.W. Anderson offers no verbal response, but slowly struts over to Gonzalez. After staring at him with intensity for a second, Anderson offers his hand. Gonzalez shakes it. It seems official! We now have our match-up for the first ever Paradise Heavyweight Championship match!
Length: 4:00 Rating: 76

March 4th 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Tiger Muay Thai Gym. Attendance: 22
Elijah Burke.jpgSonny Siaki.jpg
Elijah Burke vs Sonny Siaki in a singles match
The match get's underway with a methodical exchange of technical transitions. Eventually Burke seems to get a painful ankle lock on Siaki until Siaki finds comfort in a rope break. Siaki dodges a running attack from Burke and answers with a tough DDT. With momentum on his side, Siaki gets in some basic offense on Burke. Burke finally finds an opportunity to regain momentum by countering out of a fireman's carry and puts Siaki into a standing sleeper hold. Siaki slowly but surely walks towards the ropes, finally reaching out and grabbing the top rope for the break. After regaining composure, Siaki hits the ropes and deliver a running cross-body to Burke. Siaki stands and plays to the crowd as Burke rises slowly. As Burke stands up Siaki hits him with the Siakilypse and covers Burke for the 3 count.
Sonny Siaki defeats Elijah Burke in 15:23
Rating: 28

March 11th 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Tiger Muay Thia Gym. Attendance: 23
Low Ki.jpgShawn-Daivari.jpg

Low-Ki vs Shawn Daivari in a singles match
Low-ki begins the match in high gear. He dominates the first few minutes with athletic offense and attempts at closing this one out quickly but no luck. Daivari finds an opportunity to even things out and both competitors go back and forth with striking. Low-ki seems as though he's getting to Daivari, but Daivari gets a take down and has the advantage over Low-ki. Clearly controlling the mat, Daivari leaves no room for Low-ki to reverse and claims a dominant position. After a few minutes of dominating the match, Daivari leaves an opening and Low-Ki capitalizes on it with a Ki Krusher '99. Unable to kick out, Daivari takes the loss by pinfall.
Low-Ki defeats Daivari in 19:34
Rating: 44

David Arquette.jpg
Match Announcement
AJ Styles 2.jpgKid Kash.jpg
David Arquette is in the ring with a mic. He announces that the top two competitors for the Paradise Junior Heavyweight Championship will be AJ Styles and Kid Kash as they are ranked 1st and 2nd respectively. The two come out to the ring and play to the crowd as they sign the contract for the match. As they wrap up, Styles extends his hand to Kash. Kash doesn't move a muscle as he stares straight through Styles soul until turning away and walking towards the exit. What a match this could be!
Rating: 67

Rankings going into Wrestling in Paradise
Heavyweight Rankings
1) Ray Gonzalez 4-0-0
2) C.W. Anderson 3-1-0
3) Tony Jones 4-1-0
4) Elijah Burke 4-1-0
5) Colt Cabana 2-3-0
6) Joker 2-4-0
7) Sonny Siaki 1-2-0
8) Alex Shane 1-2-0
9) Bobby Roode 1-2-0
10) Antonio Banks 0-1-0

Junior Heavyweight Rankings
1) AJ Styles 4-0-0
2) Kid Kash 4-1-0
3) Xavier 3-2-0
4) Low-ki 3-2-0
5) Shawn Daivari 3-3-0
6) Tony Mamaluke 3-3-0
7) Skayde 2-1-0
8) Stefano 1-3-0
9) Roderick Strong 1-3-0
10) Shawn Spears 1-3-0

Untitled-2 - Copy.jpg

Wrestling in Paradise Card
Paradise Heavyweight Championship
C.W. Anderson vs Ray Gonzalez

Paradise Junior Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles vs Kid Kash

Singles Match
Shawn Daivari vs Xavier

Singles Match
Elijah Burke vs Joker

Singles Match
Stefano vs Shark Boy

Four Way Match
Low-Ki vs Tony Mamaluke vs Roderick Strong vs Skayde

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Good stuff so far :WOW AJ Styles vs Kid Kash, good stuff. I can't wait to see who wins that match.

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
I'm very interested. Which version of TEW are you playing this on and what kind of schedule is that, that you have described?
Playing on 2020. It's a touring schedule, where in the game the matches state they are recorded for future use in a highlight tape. I have to use some creativity and actually put the highlight tape together here. My hope is to actually get to the point of an actual TV show. Right now I can't get a broadcaster to sign with me (not even youtube!) so I figured that while I was at this stage this could be an interesting way of presenting it.

Reactions: Hoss and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I really enjoy this presentation and I like that you're using an unconventional schedule. I hope it works for you bc I really like your roster :mark:

Greedy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Untitled-2 - Copy.jpg

Wrestling In Paradise

Saturday, March 20th 2004 in Honolulu, HI at the Relson Gracie HK Dojo. Attendance: 46
Tony Mamaluke.jpgSkayde.jpgLow Ki.jpgRoderick Strong.jpg
#6 Tony Mamluke vs #7 Skayde vs #4 Low-Ki vs UR Roderick Strong in a 4 way match
To open the show we have a 4 way match between some exciting competitors in the Junior Heavyweight division. Before the match begins we see all four men meet in the center of the ring to shake hands before returning to their corner. The bell rings and we see exciting action from all four men. Skayde looks good in the opening minutes, while Mamaluke receives punishment from each of the other competitors until he's finally able to get the advantage on Low-Ki 15 minutes in. Strong shines 20 minutes in when he proves in a short showdown with Skayde that he can hang with even veterans. Ultimately, Low-ki finds an opening to hit the Ki Krusher '99 on Mamaluke for the 3 count.
Low-Ki defeats Skayde, Tony Mamaluke and Roderick Strong in 25:19
Rating: 52
Stefano.jpgShark Boy.jpg
#8 Stefano vs UR Shark Boy in a singles match
In our second match of the night, Shark Boy steps up to take on Stefano. Neither wrestler has been able to make much of a statement in Paradise Pro to this point. Shark Boy gets a quick jump on Stefano, but not for long as Stefano quickly takes control. At every point in this match when it looks like Shark Boy may gain an advantage, Stefano quickly regains composure. In the end, Stefano is able to to hit a pedigree that finishes Shark Boy by pin fall.
Stefano defeats Shark Boy in 20:01
Rating: 38
Elijah Burke.jpgJoker.jpg
#4 Elijah Burke vs #6 Joker in a singles match
Our next match begins quickly. Both men show off their athleticism with neither getting a clear advantage. 10 minutes into the match Burke displays a technical advantage and Joker just can't seem to keep up. A timely reversal by Joker sees the men engage in a brawl. Again, no man takes the reigns. As the match carries on, Jokers striking seems to set the pace and Burke loses momentum. Joker finds an opening and hits the Joker Bomb to end the match by pinfall.
Joker defeats Elijah Burke in 19:39
Rating: 36
Shawn-Daivari.jpgXavier.jpg
#5 Shawn Daivari vs #3 Xavier in a singles match
From the start of this match Daivari looks to be in control with very technical mat wrestling. Xavier seems unable to keep up and quickly loses momentum until he's able to reverse a running attack and slams Daivari to the mat. Xavier is able to display strength that we don't get to see a lot of in the Junior Heavyweight division. Back and forth wrestling for a few minutes until again Daivari looks to exploit Xavier's disadvantage on the mat. Daivari is able to fully extend a boston crab and forces Xavier to tap!
Shawn Daivari defeats Xavier in 14:50
Rating: 33
Championship Introductions
AJ Styles and Kid Kash take turns coming to the ring, both to huge applause. Once the crowd settles both are introduced and the Paradise Junior Heavyweight title is displayed by the referee. AJ again reaches his hand out for Kash, this time though Kash spits in his face!
Rating: 62
For the Paradise Junior Heavyweight Championship!
#1 AJ Styles vs #2 Kid Kash in a singles match
The action starts quickly in this match. AJ, having been freshly spit on is not happy and takes an early advantage. He uses quickness and displays his aerial ability. Unfortunately for him, Kash catches him off guard and rolls out as Styles hits the mat and Kash quickly regains lost momentum. Both competitors put on a showcase of quickness and athleticism, just as you would expect in a match of this sort until Kash see's an opening and hits a dead level for the wi... no! AJ kicks out and Kash can't believe it! Both men slowly rise and engage in a strong striking display that eats some time and sees nobody take control. Kash gets fed up and hits the ropes, hitting Styles with a devastating elbow. With styles down, Kash climbs to the top and plays to the crowd, who are now booing him due to his disrespectful showing before the match. Kash prepares to jump as Styles slowly gets to his feet and turns around. Kash hits a hurricarran... no! Styles has caught him! Styles drops Kash's torso down and is able to hook Kash's arms with his legs, hitting the Styles Clash and getting the win by pinfall! AJ Styles is the first ever Paradise Junior Heavyweight Champion of the world!
AJ Styles defeats Kid Kash in 30:23
Rating: 55
CW-Anderson.jpgRay Gonzalez.jpg
Championship Introductions
Both participants in tonight's main event come to the ring separately and get into there respective corners. The championship introductions are given and both competitors meet in the middle and shake hands. C.W. looks fiercely ahead as Gonzalez is the first to break away and return to his corner.
Rating: 82
CW-Anderson.jpgRay Gonzalez.jpg
For the Paradise Heavyweight Championship!
#2 C.W. Anderson vs #1 Ray Gonzalez in a singles match

The main event of the evening starts out slowly, with both men looking for the right opportunity to take advantage of their opponent. Neither man takes advantage as the two tie up and work some standing transitions. Several minutes in, strong back and forth strikes begin to turn into a brawl, seeing the two men taking extreme punishment from each other. Finally, C.W. delivers a lariat that takes Gonzalez out of the ring. Anderson goes to the outside and uses the crowd barriers to his advantage to deliver punishment to his opponent. Back in the ring, Gonzalez is able to achieve a reversal that sees him take Andersons back. Gonzalez maintains a sleeper hold that almost puts Anderson to sleep, but Anderson is able to make it to the ropes granting a break. After several minutes of back and forth wrestling, Anderson slams Gonzalez into the mat and grabs onto a cobra clutch! Gonzalez is simply too far from the ropes, but just as it seems like too much, Gonzalez is able to transition out and somehow work C.W. into a figure four lock! Anderson attempt to roll to his stomach, and after a short period does, but the determination in Gonzalez eyes is apparent! Gonzalez uses all of his strength and forces Anderson back to his back and makes him tap! Ray Gonzalez is your first ever Paradise Heavyweight Champion!
Ray Gonzalez defeats C.W. Anderson in 25:27
Rating: 61

Show Rating: 59

Make sure you witness our next event, as the inaugural Island Invitational takes place June 19th 2004! Don't forget to pre-order the next edition of Paradise Live, all pre-orders will arrive in your mailbox no later than June 13th! Check out the tournament bracket for The Island Invitational below! The winner will automatically become number one contender in the Heavyweight division, with the opportunity to defend his ranking leading up to King's Ransom in September! For any and all other questions feel free to contact us directly at www.paradisepro.com.

inauguralisland.JPG

Heavyweights
C) Ray Gonzalez 5-0-0
1) Tony Jones 4-1-0
2) C.W. Anderson 3-2-0
3) Joker 3-4-0
4) Elijah Burke 4-2-0
5) Colt Cabana 2-3-0
6) Sonny Siaki 1-2-0
7) Alex Shane 1-2-0
8) Bobby Roode 1-2-0
9 Antonio Banks 0-1-0