Pain & Gain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]SEQ8jyvmYtw[/YOUTUBE]
Pain & Gain

Directed by:
Michael Bay

Starring: The Rock, Mark Wahlberg, Tony Shaloub, Ed Harris, Ken Jeong

Release Date: 26th April 2013

Plot: Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) is a regular body builder who works at the Sun Gym along with his friend Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie). Sick of living the poor life Lugo concocts a plan to kidnap Victor Kershaw (Tony Shalhoub), a regular at the gym and a rich spoiled business man, and extort him by means of torture. With the help of recently released criminal Paul Doyle (Dwayne Johnson), the 'Sun Gym Gang' successfully get Kershaw to sign over all his finances, but when Kershaw survives an attempted murder from the gang, he hires Detective Ed Du Bois (Ed Harris) to catch the criminals after the Miami Police Department fail to do so.

Some pretty big star power in this film especially with Michael Bay directing. The Rock looks perfect for this role and Mark Wahlberg has been a consistent performer over the last few years. Nice seeing Tony Shaloub getting a role as well, he is known for his work in Monk, he is a great actor so I know that his performance will be fantastic. I like the sound of the plot so I probably will watch this when it is released.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Meh, doesn't look like it'll be that great to me. It has potential, and I'll give it a chance, but my hopes aren't high at all.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
was shocked to see this is based on a true story, definitely makes me more interested...... Not a Wahlberg fan in the slightest but I might put my bias aside for this one and I am agreed that it's nice to see Shaloub getting a good big screen role (He will always be Antonio from the show Wings to me)