Paige Opens Up About Physical Abuse She Suffered From Alberto Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Nearly three years since their breakup, Paige has finally opened up about the physical and mental abuse she endured at the hands of ex-fiancé Aberto Del Rio, who was recently indicted by a grand jury and charged on counts of aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault.

During an appearance on GAW TV, Paige said she was now more comfortable sharing horrid details of her relationship with Del Rio, who has been alleged of assault by another woman.

"I've never spoken about it before, whether podcasts or interviews, I always stayed away," she said. "But now it's completely out there. I'm like, 'why am I shying away from this? Why am I not brave enough to talk about it?'"

Paige revealed how she was "trapped in rooms" for hours while getting her "ass beat every couple of minutes" by Del Rio.

"In the beginning, you're fighting back with this person. But in the end, it becomes a cycle. Eventually, something is happening to you every day."

She continued, "You could be trapped in a room for 6-7 hours, getting your ass beat every couple of minutes. And he's doing all these crazy things to you."

As per the criminal complaint filed against Del Rio at Bexar County, he stuffed a sock in his girlfriend's mouth and choked her, before striking her repeatedly in the head with his fists. He also allegedly threatened to drop the victim's son "in the middle of the road somewhere."

Paige refuses to call Del Rio by his name ever again, "Because he's Voldemort to me," she says. "He needs whatever is happening to him. Karma is a real thing."

In 2017, Paige and Del Rio went through a domestic dispute after an incident at Orlando International Airport, following which Paige issued a statement and denied that her fiancé at the time physically assaulted her. They broke up a few months later.

Paige said her silence on abuse from Del Rio was due to fear of backlash from social media.

"I wanted to stay away from the Internet victim blame," said Page. "Even if I don't say anything, they'd be like, 'It's partly your fault and ABC reasons why [you're going through stuff]. Or I would be told all this stuff never happened, it was all your imagination.

"Now it's all out there. And you put out what you receive. And right now, he's receiving it."

Check out Paige's full interview with Mickie James, SoCal Val, and Lisa Marie Varon below.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...bout-physical-abuse-she-suffered-from-676633/

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Steph

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Told everyone here that this relationship wasn't going to end well.

Also told everyone what most likely was happening when her brother attacked him and they tried playing it off as a car accident.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I remember when all of this happened with Del Rio and Paige I couldn't give a proper answer to it because I honestly didn't know who to believe. Reading this I can fully say Del Rio is truly a evil man and I'm happy Paige was able to get out of that situation because she could of been 6 Feet Under by now who knows.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I had to edit the source since I accidentally copied and pasted a discord link.

Now that is out of the way, I am very happy that Paige got away from this douche and an abusive one at best. As a guy that had an abusive father who did bad things to my family, my sympathy goes to Paige. Keep being strong and god will be on your side. Unlike Del Rio who should be in jail for life.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It's insane how much of a piece of trash he is. I guess that was why he was good at making everyone hate him as a heel....personal experience gave him that edge. Good riddance.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
It's insane how much of a piece of trash he is. I guess that was why he was good at making everyone hate him as a heel....personal experience gave him that edge. Good riddance.

I never used to like him as a wrestler, but it has amazed me how much even shittier he is than I could have imagined. Guy just seems like complete trash. It's funny how he couldn't even become a big name either with all the opportunities and titles Vince used to hand him on a platter (for some reason).

Glad Paige seems to be doing better with herself these days. I've actually seen her on Twitch in passing, shame what WWE have being done to their Twitch pages.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Her new guy has a past of abuse, and has been arrested for domestic abuse. Sounds like she's in a viscous cycle.

From his wiki

On May 1, 2012, Radke was accused of striking his then-girlfriend, Sally Watts, and was subsequently arrested in Glendale, California on August 6, 2012, after he'd failed to make an appearance at any of the scheduled court hearings.[37][38] He was officially charged with a misdemeanor count of corporal injury and misdemeanor false imprisonment by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.[39] He was released on $30,000 bail. On May 14, 2014, Radke pleaded nolo contendere to disturbance of the peace, though Watts claimed on Twitter that Radke had pleaded no contest to a charge related to domestic violence.

He's also been arrested multiple times and spent 2.5 years in jail.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's also a midget and weighs 90lbs soaking wet while holding a brick.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I looked it up he's 6'1'' so not a midget, but certainly sounds like a POS

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Del Rio = Massive Cunt.
Hope he rots in prison.

Steph

The IIconic Sith
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
I hate him so much. He destroyed her.. mentally, physically- probably even sexually. It is so nice to see her thriving in a healthy relationship. I don't like the guy by any means, but he's treating her better than DR did. But that's not easy to do considering how horrible he was to her.

Plus, it's a big fuck you to anyone who's being an abuser right now - showing them that it IS possible to overcome abuse. (I know. I've dealt with it from a family member, and a significant other). I love seeing other people succeed while everyone sees how truly garbage the abuser is.