Pacific Northwest Wrestling 1986

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Split Second

Reaction score
Pacific Northwest Wrestling

The Pacific Northwest Wrestling Company has history dating back to 1925. The PWN became part of the NWA in 1947 and is still part of the NWA to this day in 1986. The promotion was brought to its prime by Herb's son, Don Owen, and this version of Pacific Northwest Wrestling saw many of the top names in the business come through on a regular basis and was considered one of the main territories from the 1960s to the 1980s. On May 21, 1985, in honor of the Owen family's 60 years of promoting in the PNW, they held a supercard called 60th Anniversary Wrestling Extravaganza at the Portland Memorial Coliseum.[6][9] It was an incredible show with representatives from the NWA, AWA and WWF, including the World Champions of both the NWA and AWA and the World Tag Team Champions of the AWA all defending their titles

The PNW did in this event something Vince McMahon and the WWF have never been able to do, sell out the Coliseum. Barry Owen claims that this event had the highest attendance ever for a sporting event at the Coliseum. On January 21, 1986, Pacific Northwest Wrestling held follow up to the supercard called Superstar Extravaganza, also at the Portland Memorial Coliseum. While this was a great card with many superstars, it was limited to NWA talent and was not as large and successful as the first supercard.

The PNW has been on a slight decline ever since but now it’s April 1986 and things are looking to change. PNW wants to try and regain some of the success it was having in 1985. Pacific Northwest Wrestling is determined to survive and put on a great television show each week. So sit back, relax, and see if Pacific Northwest Wrestling will make the cut.

Roster:
Art Barr (Midcard, Heel)
Bart Sawyer (Midcard, Face)
Billy Jack Haynes (Main Event, Face)
Billy Two Eagles (Upper Midcard, Face)
Bobby Blaze (Opener, Face)
Bobby Jaggers (Main Event, Heel)
Brady Boone (Lower Midcard, Face)
Brian Adams (Midcard, Heel)
Brickhouse Brown (Opener, Heel)
Cocoa Samoa (Main Event, Face)
Col. DeBeers (Main Event, Heel)
Jesse Bar (Upper Midcard, Heel)
Lauren Davenport (Opener, Face)
Rex King (Upper Midcard, Face)
Rip Oliver (Main Event, Face)
Stan Stasiak (Authority Figure, Face)
Steve Simpson (Opener, Face)
The Equilizer (Upper Midcard, Face)
Timothy Flowers (Main Event, Heel)
Tom Zenk (Upper Mid-Card, Face)

Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Champion: Bobby Jaggers
Pacific Northwest Tag Team Champions: Cocoa Samoa and Brady Boone.

Split Second

Reaction score
Pacific Northwest Wrestling Local, April 6th 1986

PWN Local started out with a pre-recorded promo, Bobby Jaggers is standing backstage, there’s nothing special behind him, just a plain wall. He’s dressed in his wrestling gear and his Pacific Northwest Wrestling Heavyweight Title lays over his shoulder. Jagger smirks, glancing over to his belt, before turning back to the camera.

Bobby Jaggers: “Hello adorable fans, I know last Sunday you were all glued to your seats at Pacific-Clash as I, the best wrestler to ever grace Pacific Northwest Wrestling, defended my title against long time rival Billy Jack Haynes. The arena was sold out, obviously I had sold out that arena, and you fans came to see the one and only Bobby Jaggers. But despite paying to see me, you decided to boo and jeer me. But I think I finally understand what you were doing, you were motivating me, and you were using reverse psychology. I’m surprised that you fans even know that word, but all the same, it helped me, it motivated me. And just like I promised I would, I defeated Billy Jack Haynes, one-two-three!!”

“So I’m still the prestigious Pacific Northwest Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, and I know you aren’t surprised by it all, to be honest, I expected to win. I believe, no, I know I am the best wrestler in this company, and as defending champion I will take on any challenge, but I will beat you, there is no doubt. I don’t care where I do it, on television or on our next super-card, it doesn’t bother me, because I’m Bobby Jaggers and to be frank, I’m better than you. Good night fans, try to enjoy the show. I mean I know it’ll be crushing for you to hear I’m not wrestling tonight, but still, try to enjoy the rest of the rejects.”

With that Bobby Jaggers just smirks and takes a quick glance at his Pacific Northwest Wrestling Heavyweight Title. He then takes one look at the camera and winks, before walking off.

We then cut back to the arena where I commentators Todd Pentingill and Lord James Blears discuss Bobby Jaggers promo, Todd is totally against his boasting personality while Lord James thinks he’s an example to us all. The two then announce our main event; Billy Jack Haynes is trying to redeem his loss to Bobby Jaggers by taking on Col. DeBeers in a one on one on match. But it was time to go to the arena for our first match.

RIP OLVER VS. BRIAN ADAMS
Brian Adams was already in the ring bouncing up and down ready to take on his opponent. Then Rip Oliver exploded through the curtain to hear great support from the crowd, Rip Oliver slapped hands as he ran down to the ring, making sure he got as many fans in as possible. He slipped into the ring and threw one hand up in the air provoking the crowd into a random of applause and cheers. The ring announcer introduced both men and the bell was soon rung. Rip Oliver extended his hand out in hand shake but Brian Adams slapped his hand away. The crowd booed Adams for his actions but he just rolled his eyes, he then turned to the crowd and shouted at them, the fans didn’t have a chance to boo him as they erupted into cheers as Rip Oliver turned Brian around and laid into him with punch after punch.

Rip Oliver whipped Brian Adams across the ring, but Brian Adams grabbed onto the ropes. Rip Oliver stood his ground as Brian Adams charged back at him, Rip Oliver dropped down using a drop toe hold to trip Brian Adams up. Rip Oliver then pulled Brian to his feet and shoved him into the turnbuckle. Rip then went to the middle rope and started punching Adams in the head as the crowd chanted a lot. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9…Rip soaked up the cheers from the crowd and delivered the final punch drawing a big 10 shout from the crowd. Rip jumped off the rope and Brian Adams wondered about very groggy. Rip then grabbed hold of Adams and whipped him against the ropes, as he came back Rip crashed Brian to the ground with a ring shaking powerslam! The referee made the count, ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! The crowd erupted into cheers as one of their fan favourites threw up his hand in celebration. He rolled out of the ring and slapped fans hands on the way back to the backstage area, we then cut back to our commentators.

Our commentators comment on the match congratulating Rip Oliver in his convincing win. Though Lord James thinks Oliver hit a cheap shot on Brian Adams, Todd waves the comment off. He informs us we’re ready for our next match where we would see ‘Diamond’ Timothy Flowers in action.

TIMOTHY FLOWERS VS. BRADY BOONE
One half of the tag team champions, Brady Boone, makes his way out to the ring slapping hands and getting a fair reaction from the crowd. Brady was without the more popular tag team partner, Cocoa Samoa. Brady timidly entered the ring handing over his tag team belt to the referee. Despite being twenty eight, Brady Boone was still nervous every time he stepped into the ring. Timothy Flowers then made his way out to the ring, resenting the fans, who in return jeered him. Flowers just smirked, paying no attention to their cheers. Timothy entered the ring and angled his hands toward himself taunting the crowd. The ring announcer introduced both of them before the bell rang. Flowers instantly stuck his hand out for a handshake, the crowd booed and will Brady not to shake his hand, but Brady timidly came forward and shook Flowers hand. Flowers grabbed onto Brady’s hand and pulled him forward driving his knee into Brady’s gut.

Flowers smirked once again as he drove Brady into the turnbuckle. Flowers did it so hard it drove Brady to the mat, Flowers quickly covered. One! Two!! Kickout!!! Flowers’ head shot up glancing at the referee but pulled Brady back to his by pulling his hair. Flowers attempted a punch but Brady dodged it and fought back with a left and a right before Flowers sent him crashing to the mat with a massive right hook. Brady got him self to a stance on all fours but Flowers devastated him with a kick to the gut. Brady hit the floor hard and rolled out of the ring. Flowers didn’t want a count out victory and thus followed Brady out of the ring. He grabbed Brady and quickly smashed his head against the edge of the ring; Flowers then rolled Brady back into the ring where Brady lay quite still. Flowers made the cover. ONE! TWO! TH-KICKOUT!!!

Flowers was quite surprised and looked up at the referee while the fans cheers on Brady. Flowers pulled Brady to his feet, but was surprised to be met with a kick to the stomach. Brady fought back with a few weak punches before nailing Flowers with a dropkick. Full of excitement Brady hoped on for the pin! ONE! TWO!! T-KICKOUT!!! Brady looked up disappointed as he was hoping for the pin. But while Flowers recovered Brady made his way to the top rope facing the fans. They cheered in excitement as Flowers got to his feet. Brady then leapt off with a moonsult body block, but Flowers side stepped. Somehow Brady was able to land on his feet. He turned round to try and keep his offence up on Flowers but instead was shattered with a powerful running clothesline. The crowd went silent as Brady crumpled to the mat. Flowers made the cover, ONE! TWO!! THREE!!!

That’s in folks, Flowers stood up victorious taunting the crowd. Flowers looked turned evil when he slowly turned back to look at Brady Boone who was now coming around. The crowd jeered as Flowers took steps back towards Boone. But they soon exploded into cheers as the other half of the tag team champions, Cocoa Samoa sprinted down to the ring. Flowers spotted him and slipped out of the ring and back away as Cocoa Samoa charged to ring to help his partner. Cocoa bent down to aid Brady but kept his gaze on Timothy Flowers. Timothy Flowers soon made his way backstage, but the cameras kept rolling as Cocoa helped Brady to his feet raising one of his hands. The crowd gave him a round of applause as he exited the ring.

We cut back to the commentators, while Todd applauded Boone’s performance; Lord James kept on boasting about how dominant Timothy Flowers was. Todd then informed us that the up and rising tag team of The Barr Brothers would be in action next. Jesse Bar’s brother Art Barr debuted a few months ago to team up with his brother making quite a skilful, but arrogant team.

THE BARR BROTHERS VS. STEVE SIMPSON AND LAUREN DAVENPORT
Simpson and Davenport were already in the ring as the Barr Brothers were booed as the entered the arena. They didn’t make eye contact with the fans and instead were dead set on their opponents. The Barr Brothers ignored the boos and quickly entered the ring staring down their opponents. The referee instructed them to pick who was staring the match and in the end it was Art Barr and Lauren Davenport. The other two were sent to the side of the ring and the bell rang. Art Barr went straight in for the tie up. Despite only being here for a short amount of time Art Barr’s quickly picked up the trade of wrestling. Barr quickly forced Davenport into one of the corners. Barr then laid into him with a few punches before Davenport escaped under his arm.

Art Barr turns around and quickly nails Davenport with another right hand which drops Davenport to the floor. Barr tried to follow up with a standing splash but Davenport rolled out of the way. Davenport picked Art Barr up but Barr hit some punches to the stomach. Barr then whipped Davenport against the ropes, as he came back Barr hit him with a knee to the gut sending Davenport to the floor. Art tried a cover, ONE! TWO!! KICKOUT!!! Art then dragged Davenport over to the other side of the ring and tagged in Jesse. Art held Davenport’s arm up so that Jesse could land a nice kick to the mid-section. Jesses threw Davenport into the corner where Art stood. Jesse then shouted an insult and Simpson, Simpson took the bait and tried to get in the ring but only for the referee to hold him off.

Art took his chance a kicked Davenport in the side of the gut. As Davenport staggered forward Jesse hit him with a well planted dropkick. The referee turned around and came over, ONE! TWO!! T-KICKOUT!!! Jesse stopped on Davenport and dropping down a punching him in the forehead. Jesse then grabs Davenport and brings him up to his feet. Jesse went to nail him with a right hand, but Davenport ducked and kneed Jesse in the stomach. Out of no where Davenport then dived to make a surprise tag to Steve Simpson. Simpson charged in and delivered a clubbing blow to Jesse’s back. Steve then delivered a dropkick which sent Jesse into the turnbuckle. Steve then charged at Jesse and hit a backward elbow to the chest. Jesse walked out groggy and Steve grabbed him in a front face lock.

But Steve got distracted as Art Barr shouted abuse at him, it gave Jesse once second to bite Steve on the arm without the ref seeing. Jesse then wriggled his way out of the grip and picked Steve up planting him in front of The Barr Brothers turnbuckle. Jesse tagged in Art, before running over and knocking Davenport off the apron. Meanwhile Art Barr made his way to the top rope and came off with a top rope splash, Art made the cover. ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! The Barr Brothers celebrate in victory while the crowd jeer them. The Barr Brothers make their way out of the ring and back up the ramp way knowing they’ve proved a point here tonight. We then go back to our commentators for the last time tonight.

The commentators mostly give praise to the Barr Brothers, but Todd can’t help but bring up that he saw obvious cheating from the Barr Brothers, in turn, Lord James called him a wuss. After a little more back and fourth arguing, Todd got to the point and told us that the Main Event was up next as Billy Jack Haynes tries to redeem his lose to Bobby Jaggers as he takes on Col. DeBeers in the main event!

MAIN EVENT: BILLY JACK HAYNES VS. COL. DEBEERS
Col. DeBeers was first out; he came out to one of the most heated reactions tonight. The fans made themselves heard as they booed DeBeers as load as they could. DeBeers ignored there boos and added flam to the fire by taunting them anyway he could. By the time he entered the ring and started taunting the fans really turned up the heat calling out names and generally shouting abuse. That all turned on it’s head when Billy Jack Haynes rocked the house for the best reaction of the night as he exploded out into the arena. Happily slapping hands and high fiving fans Billy was psyched for his match. Billy entered the ring and both men were introduced. The fans were looking forward to a good match, hoping Billy would come out on top. The bell rang and the match was underway.

Billy and DeBeers circled each other before going in for a lock up. Both men were pretty even so they broke off only to dive back in. Billy soon got the advantage and he had DeBeers back tracking into the turnbuckle. The referee ordered for Billy to let go of the hold so he quickly did. But DeBeers lunged out hitting a back-chop on Haynes. Haynes staggered back a bit before lunging at DeBeers hitting him right in the head with a punch. Haynes then whips DeBeers across the ring, Haynes the perches himself on the second rope ready to stating a ten punch move, but DeBeers pushes him away and Billy lands on his back.

DeBeers walks around the side of Billy and positions himself above his head. He then drops down nailing a fist the head of Haynes. DeBeers tries a cheeky early cover, ONE! TW-KICKOUT!!! DeBeers gets up un-surprised by the result. DeBeers stomps away at Haynes trying to wear him down as much as he can. DeBeers then picks Billy to his feet and knees him in the gut, DeBeers then whips Billy into one of the turnbuckles. DeBeers follows up with a running knee to the gut. Billy sinks down to the bottom of the turnbuckle. DeBeers takes advantage and drives his foot into Billy’s face and keeps it there. The referee starts counting, ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! FOUR!!!! But then DeBeers took his foot away, stopping him getting disqualified.

DeBeers then pulled Billy out of the corner and drilled him with a right hand, but to DeBeers surprised he dodged the next one. Billy came back with his own punches before sending DeBeers to the floor with a massive clothesline in which he himself took to the floor to. The referee started his count, the count got a good five before both men were back on their feet. DeBeers charged at Billy, but Billy dropped DeBeers with a drop toehold sending DeBeers into the ropes. Billy then quickly rolled him up! ONE! TWO!! THR-KICKOUT!!! DeBeers just kicked out and Billy’s surprised to say the least.

Billy was first to his feet and was joined a minute later by DeBeers. Billy sent DeBeers to the floor with a big right hand. As he looked down DeBeers was pleading him to go no further. Billy hesitated for a second and that was all DeBeers need. He grabbed Billy’s leg and swiftly tripped him up sending him on his back. DeBeers then sprung to his feet and pulled Billy up, DeBeers then try to put him in place for the Face Buster, but out of no where Billy slipped out of the hold and around the back of DeBeers, and before DeBeers could react Billy Jack Haynes had locked in the Full Nelson. DeBeers struggled back and fourth but in the end their was no breaking the hold, feeling the horrid pressure DeBeers tapped out, which was received with a massive cheer from the crowd. Billy Jack Haynes raised his arms in celebration redeeming his loss to Bobby Jaggers, he left the ring and slapped hands with the eagerly awaiting fans. We cut back to see Col. DeBeers feeling the ill effects of the Full Nelson. Our final picture is of Billy Jack Haynes at the top of the ramp proud of his win, and our final words are of our commentators telling viewers to tune in next week for more top notch action!

Quick Results
-Bobby Jaggers promo, 62%
-Rip Oliver defeated Brian Adams via pin, 65%
-Timothy Flowers defeated Brady Boone via pin, 59%
-The Barr Brothers defeated Steve Simpson and Laruen Davenport via pin, 39%
-Billy Jack Haynes defeated Col. DeBeers via Submission, 65%

EliteSociety.

Reaction score
A decent show, if a little bit short. I'd be more convinced by this if there wasn't the [6][9] in the backstory, but whatever.

Feel free to check out AHW!