PAC quits AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
A few days ago at a WrestleGate show in Nottingham, England, PAC said he wouldn’t be coming to AEW after an impromptu match with his Double or Nothing opponent, Hangman Page.

People have been uncertain weither or not this is just a storyline or if its real, but unfortunately it seems to be quite real. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has said that this is not part of a storyline and PAC will really not be at Double or Nothing or AEW, he had this to say.

"The angle at the WrestleGate show in Nottingham, England involving PAC and Hangman Page was done largely to present the match that had been built up because the match won’t be taking place at Double or Nothing on Saturday. The official word from AEW is that there were creative differences regarding the match and Pac won’t be on Saturday’s show. With PAC’s regular matches in the U.K., it’s known that beacuse he takes his status as world champion with Dragon Gate seriously, he has not agreed to any losses since winning the Open the Dream Gate title and to protect that has done 30:00 draws with Zack Sabre Jr. and Will Ospreay. On the flip side, AEW wants to present a sports-like atmosphere and had their own direction for what they wanted.

The Pac vs. Page match will be released this week on the Internet by AEW with the idea that everyone can see the match, even if it had a DQ finish, for free, so fans are getting the hyped up match. Page agreed to fly to England and do the match to make up for the hyped match not happening on the PPV. Page will be wrestling against a new opponent, although the name probably won’t be announced before the PPV show. The DQ finish kept things open ended enough that Pac may be back with the promotion at some point to face Page, although there is no definitive time frame.”

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Feel like he's just using that title as a excuse to not lose.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Here this smurf go. Him and Aries should start a crybaby team

Reactions: Doxo

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
This made me lose my respect for Pac
"Oh, I take my title seriously!" BS, you're just a narcissist. Losing doesn't hurt the title, hell sometimes it makes it even cooler, just ask Okada

Now don't get me wrong, as a Hangman Page fanboy, Page beating Pac makes no sense, but quitting a company over a single loss is bad no matter the scenario. The Rock could lose clean to Maven, if he quits I'd still call him a pussy. Pac may be above Page, but not by that much

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I respect PAC's decision because he would have to face Omega and loss to him as the Dragon Gate Champion, which is a huge no-no in wrestling. Even back in the day, another territories champion didn't lose in another territory.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I assume this is more of a Dragon gate call. On Pac's side on this one, if you're doing an undefeated gimmick, stay undefeated.

This may wind up being the best news for Hangman too, so all is good.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yeah seems a bit harsh that you are all shitting on geordies Nev.you dont know the full story. Its kind da like shitting on sasha. You dont know what's going on.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean, he went to Dragon Gate purely out of loyalty and appreciation for them, therefor it wouldn't shock me at all that he'd do anything in his power to protect the status of their world title.

In hindsight, now that Adam Page is the #1 contender for the AEW world title, it's clear that they just wanted to use Pac as a stepping stone for Page and I totally get why Pac wasn't having that, given that he's already an established world champion elsewhere.

I'd love to see Pac wrestle in AEW one day, but maybe it's better for both sides if he gets to drop his title and undefeated streak to someone from DG before starting a new run in All Elite down the road. Booking Adam Page to end his undefeated streak at this point in time was kind of a dumb idea

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Also, Cody and The Bucks and such are still willing to work with him and even understand why he decided to pull out. So there are no hard feelings between the parties involved.