Our biggest show yet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
Shawn Michaels and Triple H, Same But Different Paths, One Year Apart

After New Years Revolution 2006, Triple H was focused on one thing. Winning the Royal Rumble and becoming number one contender for the WWE championship at Wrestlemania. Triple H entered the rumble at number two and dang near won the whole thing, before he was eliminated by the eventual winner, Rey Mysterio.

Fast forward to January 2007. Fresh off a hot feud with Rated RKO, Shawn Michaels, refocused, re-energized, rejuvenated, and rededicated. HBK has only one thing on his mind. Going to the Royal Rumble and becoming the one contender for the WWE championship at Wrestlemania. Shawn Michaels entered the Rumble at 23 in his hometown, ten years after winning the WWE championship there, and dang near won the whole thing. After wrestling for what seemed like forever with The Undertaker, he was tossed out after the deadman countered a superkick.

Rewind back to February of 2006. Triple H is in a triple threat match with Rob Van Dam and The Big Show to determine who will challenge John Cena for the WWE championship. Triple H after a hard fought performance, finds a way to win and become the one contender for the gold.

Hop forward to February of 2007. Shawn Michaels finds himself in a Triple Threat Match with Edge and Randy Orton, once again to become number one contender for John Cena's WWE championship, at Wrestlemania. And like his Degenerate buddy Hunter, Shawn fought and scratched his way to win.

Press back on your remotes. April of 2006, John Cena Vs Triple H for the WWE championship at Wrestlemania 22. After a fantastic performance by both Triple H and John Cena. A back and forth nail biter. The match ended after John Cena went for a flying body press and missed. Triple H jumped on the opportunity and went for a pedigree, only to have it countered into the STFU. The ending saw Triple H tapping out after attempting to get to the ropes.

One year later, April 2007, Wrestlemania 23, John Cena Vs Shawn Michaels. John Cena and Shawn Michaels fight in a 30 minute main event that includes Shawn Michaels countering many FU attempts. But in the end, Shawn Michaels is stuck in the center of the ring, in the STFU. Once again, like Hunter, Shawn taps out.

Post Wrestlemania 22 finds Triple H seeking a WM rematch for Cena for the WWE championship. What Hunter gets at Backlash is a Triple Threat match which also includes Edge. In the end, Cena finds another way to win, rolling up Triple H for the pin. After the match, Triple H flips out in frustration and drills everyone in sight with his sledgehammer.

Post Wrestlemania 23 finds Shawn Michaels seeking a WM rematch with Cena for the WWE championship. What Shawn gets is a Fatal Fourway match which also includes Randy Orton, and again, Edge. John Cena finds yet again no way to win, this time pinning Orton after an unlikely assistance from HBK. After the match, HBK flips out in frustration and yells at John Cena repeately, telling him, "you stole that."

Post Backlash 2006 catches Triple H still pursuing John Cena for his one on one WWE championship rematch.

Post Backlash 2007 catches Shawn Michaels still pursuing John Cena for his on one WWE Championship rematch.

Spring 2006 sees Triple H as a tweener going face.
Spring 2007 sees HBK as a tweener on the verge of going heel.

Spring 2006 sees the possiblity of a DX reunion.
Spring 2007 sees the possiblity of a DX split with Shawn Michaels so consumed in capturing the WWE championship, much like his partner Triple H in the past.

So one has to ask, where does Shawn and DX go from here? Is Shawn on the verge of turning heel? What will Triple H think when he returns to the WWE? Will Shawn turn on Hunter in light of his new attitude and his pursuit of the gold? What do you guys think?

Defiant One

Reaction score
I knew this year and last year had alot of similarities but i didnt know how similar they were. I didnt think HBK would go heel but one has to wonder now. Personally i think Cena-Khali will take place leaving HBK on the outside looking for a way in. I dont see HBK being "consumed" all that much long. I heard HHH isnt gonna be back until Summerslam which is at the end of August. So that would mean HBK has to remain in the hunt for nearly 4 more months when HHH comes back. If HHH were coming back tommorow an HBK heel turn would really be likely. I just dont know.

Great One

I think he will come back much sooner than expected, TBH, the WWE just can't afford to have him away that long unless some major changes are made like roster brand switches.

3lions

Reaction score
Good thread. I too recognised the various similarities to HBK/HHH's paths in the past twelve months or so. I have been dying to see a HBK heel turn for a few years now, so hopefully that change will occur in the near future.

However, I wondering where HBK will go from here. He is still after his title match, but Khali seems to be the next challenger for Cena's title, and it is highly likely Orton/Edge will continue to feud through Judgment Day. So where does that leave HBK? I don't want to see a three-way with Cena/Khali/HBK, so I am unsure where this leaves him.

phantomgerald

going back to fighting some mid-carders maybe? he should use his talent to let someone like CM punk get over

Reaction score
Nice thread.

Maybe Hbk will fued with Orton , but these have had a rivalary all ready(Rated RKO)...So i dont have a clue to be honest.

the dark knight

damn i never thought about that . cool thread . i'd like to see triple h return in a couple of weeks to have another fatal 4 way cena vs triple h vs hbk vs khali . hbk pins hhh then the split begins again . and cena starts a feud with khali to get some chants back then kick his hairy indian ass .

Reaction score
Nice! This crossed my mind once the RR was over. It really is the same thing. I suppse HBK deserved a singles title match at 'Mania one more time. I was still hoping for someone new though.

Captive8

Reaction score
I think the only going that makes sense is to have a 5 man Hell in the Cell Cage Match, or throw Umaga into the mix, and lets have an Elimination Chamber match.

eggthief

Reaction score
I doubt that a fued between hhh as a face and hbk as a heel will be that good, rather have it vica versa and then a hell in cell rematch.

Captive8

Reaction score
I do not want another HBK and HHH feud with HBK being the face. He has grown stale as a face and he needs to turn heel. He proved he could still play the role great when he turned for the Hogan match.

Great One

It'd be HHH face HBK heel anyways if it happened. He's obviously in the process of turning heel/tweener again, but it doesn't seems sloppy compared to all the changes he did in the late 90's.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Full Throttle is coming up this week and it needs to be our best show to date. I am aiming on it being over 14,000 words long so creative is really going to be working this week and I expect the same from roleplayers as I want to see everyone RP the best that they can.

I putt the threads for the matches but here is the card in full.

Bromance vs. Fire and Ice in a TLC for the Tag Titles (Angled Match)

Charlie White vs. Syn for the World Title

The Reaper vs. Milenko vs. Roger Ruiz for the Rampage Title

Candy Lebebe vs. Lila Vasquez (Angled match)

JC Epick vs. Chris Kline

Kai vs. Xavier Donovan (Angled match)

Mr. Bobby Beach vs. Alexi Arilenko vs. Eric Snow for the North American Title

The card is stacked. Good luck everyone!