Ortons Dark Side

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Now as we all know,Randy Orton has made a career out of putting legends out of paychecks and commision.However look at the difference:In 2003-2005 he was a cocky,young stud who just happened to insult legends with his cockiness then RKO them...Now however,Orton brutally beats his opponents methodically and is sstill cocky,however a different king.His attitude nowadays is bordering on psychotic and he is dark without completely going to a Kane/Taker type gimmick.IMO its the perfect combination.What do you think of the newer gimmickish thing?
Good/bad?
Smart Dumb?
Share your thoughts...

the dark knight

yea, they aimed for the cerebral assassin gimmick and they got it. its the best mixture they can find for orton but, he needs to ease up on the "evilness" in his eyes and promos.

phantomgerald

The kick to the head is a seriously gay move though. They should bring back the conchairto and let Orton use that to put the legends out of action.

MikeRaw

I agre with phantom abotu conchairto...However I like the unstable character he has here and I think eventually maybe some good storylines of him being nuts can come about...

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
No way keep the look. It's not evil/sinister imo. It looks more like blank /just don't care/ no feeling. I think it's a good gimmick. The legend killer cannot have a sissy look on his face when he's being a bad ass. Besides the angle has an expiration date on. Expires the day of HHH's return. Then it will be C-ya RKO, hello Pedigree.

the dark knight

^^the RKO wont disappear. and triple h will push orton to the skies when he's back...you'll see.

anyway, the "punt" doesnt look gay. yea, its stupid sometimes BUT its not the kick that kills the legends, its what happens before it. HBK and RVD as an example, they were beaten up in the head 100 times so basically, i football kick to the head is supposed to injure someone or get him a concussion. but lmao at him missing dusty at raw 2 weeks ago, his foot almost touched him.

straight_edge76

I like his new gimmick; it reminds me of HHH in the early 2000's when he was feuding with Austin. I like the Punt actually, when he did it to RVD & HBK it looked legit. I noticed that after the Rated RKO (One of my favorite Teams since Austin/HHH) ended and Edge went to SD he turned into a psycho-type character. He has the perfect look for it and have you seen the No Mercy Poster? His new character and the look in his eyes look perfect for the name: "No Mercy"

Bradders

Reaction score
That No Mercy poster defines Orton at the moment, an evil SOB and that will just counteract HHH's gimmick when he gets back to perfectly mesh together for a great match.

Reaction score
The evil look is what helps make Orton the ultimate heel. He shows no regard for anybody and he will take advantage of any situation to get the upper hand. Orton needs to keep doing what he's doing to build up to the inevitable title match with Triple H.

C4

After that Kick in the Head and that No Mercy Poster I'm looking at Randy Orton in a different way and I think it would be a great Storyline in which Randy turns into an evil Monster and as you mentioned a Kane/Undertaker type of gimmick I would go with an Undertaker type Gimmick it will look good, trust me WWE needs to cut out the McMahon crap and bring in such things.

Reaction score
That evil look on Orton is really cool the wat he has that look in his eye like he doesn't give a Damn! he just wants the WWE Title. Do you think Randy is big enough for a monster gimmick?

LKP

Yeah i think he is big enough. I love the darkerside i think also he will have new music soon,probably after he wins the title. A darker theme song and heavier and also a new entrance of soemsort. Notice he hasnt done his pose at the top of the ramp since start of the year? he just walks down the ramp with an evil look. The only thing i see wrong now is if wwe do decide to turn him face how the hell are they going to do it? Im not worrying about that now but its just a thought. i think the night after summerslam we will see a new orton.

straight_edge76

I think that since Edge is out they need a monster heel that the fans love to hate; like HHH in 2000-2004. I think Orton can be that heel; he already has the reputation as a cold, heartless person as the Legend Killer. Dang! I never thought the Legend Killer thing would be good for anything except a way to keep Bad-Boy Randy out of the WWE title hunt. After Randy wins at Summer Slam and takes Cena out he will be the Monster heel; My little brother already hates him lol.

Travis40

I personally think it's a great gimmick, it adds well with the Legend Killer, soon they'll have Orton kicking Doink The Clown in the head cause he'll run out of legends, he might want to ease up on the "Legend Killing" :roflmao:, but they're going to throw all the legends at him at once and he'll beat them all and there won't be any more legends for him.

MikeRaw

County 4:
Randy turns into an evil Monster and as you mentioned a Kane/Undertaker
NONONO!I said ts cool that he can be a big,evil heel WITHOUT being the same type of monster a Kane/Taker.He should NEVER go as something like Taker,that would juts be dumb.Its great how it is now...