Orton With A Bigger Pop Than Cena...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
YES! It's finally beginning to establish itself! Will Cena start making the turn to heel?

iamironman

Reaction score
uh no cuz then the 6 pack challenge would be all heels

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
uh no cuz then the 6 pack challenge would be all heels

I didn't mean in the matter of a week. Over the next couple months. Orton is unstoppable. He's getting the craziest pops we've seen in a long time. Cena's BEEN back and forth and it would be fresh.

Reaction score
It's time for Cena to go heel. All through the main event of SummerSlam I was hearing half the audience shout "Let's Go Cena!" which was responded with "Cena Sucks!".

RAW is taped now so they can edit out the boos that Cena gets on Mondays, but the PPV's aren't edited.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The pops are just one thing. What about the merch? Who's going to take that? A heel Cena would be refreshing, but he's not going to be as good as he was during his SD run.

Reaction score
You do make a good point about the merch. His shirts sell for what 30$ a piece? If they sell even 100 of those per show (house shows included) that's a shitload of money.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
If they were to rearrange Edge to be a face, and Triple H were to come back as a face, then they would have Orton, Edge & Triple H as faces. Then they could afford to turn Cena heel so that we could have Jericho, Sheamus & Cena as the heels. Since I'm sure the increased merch from Triple H would help soften the blow of Cena merch. But still, I don't see why there's such a high demand for Cena to turn heel. You're basically demanding the company make a bad financial decision just because you want something specific for your own entertainment above the actual target audience of the 'E.

WWE is not going to pander to the smark community and turn Cena heel. They haven't done it the past 5 years that you've been demanding he turn heel. They arn't going to do it now. He is the face of the company, he is the current eras Hulk Hogan. And Hogan NEVER turned heel in his initial run with the WWE, that last almost 10 years before he defected to WCW. No matter how sick that ages smarks were of seeing Hogan as champ.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
This past match really showed WHY Orton is getting a bigger pop than Cena. A match with him is ALWAYS the same. He gets owned the entire match, then he makes a random comeback, be it a kick or elbow to an oncoming opponent, a back body drop, anything. Then it's two shoulder blocks, duck under punch, drop, you can't see me, attitude adjustment, and if that fails, STF, win. Every. Single. Goddamn. Time. Turning him heel won't do anything. Until his matches stop being the exact same every single time, his pops will only diminish.

...god...

Reaction score
If they were to rearrange Edge to be a face, and Triple H were to come back as a face, then they would have Orton, Edge & Triple H as faces. Then they could afford to turn Cena heel so that we could have Jericho, Sheamus & Cena as the heels. Since I'm sure the increased merch from Triple H would help soften the blow of Cena merch. But still, I don't see why there's such a high demand for Cena to turn heel. You're basically demanding the company make a bad financial decision just because you want something specific for your own entertainment above the actual target audience of the 'E.

WWE is not going to pander to the smark community and turn Cena heel. They haven't done it the past 5 years that you've been demanding he turn heel. They arn't going to do it now. He is the face of the company, he is the current eras Hulk Hogan. And Hogan NEVER turned heel in his initial run with the WWE, that last almost 10 years before he defected to WCW. No matter how sick that ages smarks were of seeing Hogan as champ.
Since when is the WWE in a poor financial situation? How do we know that they're this reliant on cash? Why did they even turn Stone Cold Steve Austin who surely tripled Cena's merchandise sales if this was such a depending factor? What happened to the entertainment part of the WWE. They aren't broke, that's why fans continue to be dumbfounded when they don't turn a guy more stale than Rikishi's ass, all signs point to the fact that they could EASILY afford this and it wouldn't affect them all that much since Rey has more of the kids on his ass, and money shouldn't be in aspect seeing how they've leeched this guy for 5 years now. You could use this same argument in 5 more years. When does it stop? Maybe when no one is left watching this terrible product anymore because it's booked the same guy beating the odds for the past 5 years in a generation where people >12 years old aren't appealed by this sort of thing?

Orton's been equaling and outpopping Cena for months now, on and off, nothing really special. HHH and Hardy outpopped him all the time, Undertaker, etc. etc. It depends on the night and the city, Hardy ALWAYS outpopped him almost but it didn't do shit, it doesn't matter to the WWE. He'll probably only turn when he asks to be turned, because you know the WWE probably doesn't have the balls to TELL him something to do. Doesn't he still think the product is stale or something, even though he said he opted for PG because it was stale before? Lol. Also, fuck HHH as a face, fuck Cena off to SD and turn him heel there so HHH can be the top heel on Raw with Edge/Y2J faces.

Reaction score
This past match really showed WHY Orton is getting a bigger pop than Cena. A match with him is ALWAYS the same. He gets owned the entire match, then he makes a random comeback, be it a kick or elbow to an oncoming opponent, a back body drop, anything. Then it's two shoulder blocks, duck under punch, drop, you can't see me, attitude adjustment, and if that fails, STF, win. Every. Single. Goddamn. Time. Turning him heel won't do anything. Until his matches stop being the exact same every single time, his pops will only diminish.

^^^

I'm so tired of him not jobbing clean I won't watch his matches anymore. The last time I can remember his laying on his back for a clean 3 count was against Justin Gabriel a month ago.

Axis

Reaction score
Yeah I know, fuck every top babyface in WWE history.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LOL @ merchandise. Cena & Orton are to today's WWE what Rock and Austin were to their era. Those two flipped back and forth and still outsold damn near the entire history of the wrestling business in merchandise while they were face AND heel. Cena will be alright, and Orton as the top face could definitely sell... his shit already sells crazy as it is anyways.

Alex C

Reaction score
I know this is random,but u know that John Cena will appear on episode of Hannah Montana? -__- What a shame. LOL,I remember when like a year ago The Miz made fun of Cena saying that "Cena is the same rang as Hannah Montana". And now thats 100% true. Just shame.
BTW I hope Orton gets a spot as a face of the company. I mean,Orton is very talented,I just hope hiss gimmick wont turn into Superhero like Cena's did.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Seriously, just because Orton is out popping Cena pretty consistantly doesn't mean that Cena is automatically going to be turner heel. Honestly, It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't turn for another 5-6 years. Everyone is screaming for Orton to me made the top face (myself included) but, I can almost guarantee that in 3-4 years everyone, if it does in fact happen would start complaining that he is "boring" and every match/promo/segment etc is the exact same and he never loses and blah blah blah. Regardless of who the top guy is, the formula of constantly winning, never losing clean will always stay the same, it has been that way for decades now.

Don't get me wrong, I love Orton, I think he is one of the best things going in the WWE right now, but expecting him to not fall into the superface mold if he does infact become the guy after a Cen turn would be asking for a damn miracle.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Cena is for the kids, I can't really see them turning him heel...that would crush the dreams of all the little boys and girls.

I'd still hate him if he were heel and I think it's safe to say that it would go for everyone else who hates him right now. Going heel wont change how irritating he is in the ring with his SuperCena garbage. I will say that it would be interesting to see how things work out if he became heel but I'm sure he'll just be the same old Cena, coming back from getting his ass handed to him, making fun of other wrestlers.....lame.