Orton wants Gold

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He jobbed to him at TLC didn't he too? Dat RKO outta nowhere so often it's been registered as somewhere.

Maybe in some other feud but I'm talking about this:

This led to a Falls Count Anywhere match on December 30 episode of Smackdown, in which Barrett pushed Orton down a flight of stairs,[189] resulting in a herniated disc, which sidelined Orton for four weeks.[190] On January 27, 2012 edition of SmackDown, he returned to the ring and attacked Barrett. On the February 3 edition of SmackDown, Orton defeated Barrett in a No Disqualification match to end the feud.[191]

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Maybe in some other feud but I'm talking about this:

This led to a Falls Count Anywhere match on December 30 episode of Smackdown, in which Barrett pushed Orton down a flight of stairs,[189] resulting in a herniated disc, which sidelined Orton for four weeks.[190] On January 27, 2012 edition of SmackDown, he returned to the ring and attacked Barrett. On the February 3 edition of SmackDown, Orton defeated Barrett in a No Disqualification match to end the feud.[191]

I think it was the year before actually now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10, how awful would it be to turn Orton heel and restart the never-ending Cena/Orton feud??

Reactions: Farooq

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
You mean like the never-ending Punk/Cena feud?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think it was the year before actually now.

pretty sure WB jobbed to Orton when Orton was WWE CHamp and WB was in Nexus, if that's what you are referring to.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I wouldn't mind an Orton main event run again if he was heel, because all my dislike aside for him, I enjoy Orton heel. The Cena vs Orton feud was normally enjoyable for me back in the day so it'd probably be a win-win for me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nothing Orton does is going to get him boo'd, thus heel Orton will only live in your fondest memories. Face Orton is the reality staring us all in the face.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
pretty sure WB jobbed to Orton when Orton was WWE CHamp and WB was in Nexus, if that's what you are referring to.

Nope it was TLC 2011, I remember SVS 2010 being the one they fucked up with Cena being the ref.

The third match of the evening was a tables match between Randy Orton and Wade Barrett. Orton initially got the upper hand over Barrett, going outside to find a table. Back and forth action consumed the next few minutes. Barrett got a table eventually and set it next to the apron. Before he could set the table up, Orton knocked the table into Barrett’s face and sent Barrett into the steel steps. This caused Barrett to start bleeding. Both men made their way to the stage where numerous tables were set up. Barrett sent Orton to the ring where he hit an elbow drop from the second rope. Orton started to recover and got the upper hand over Barrett after reversing a side slam through a table. Orton hit some clotheslines followed by a scoop slam. Orton tried to hit the RKO, but Barrett stopped him. Barrett set Orton on top of a table, as he went to the second rope. Barrett went for another elbow drop, but Orton successfully hit an RKO on Barrett through the table, for the win.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nope it was TLC 2011, I remember SVS 2010 being the one they fucked up with Cena being the ref.

The third match of the evening was a tables match between Randy Orton and Wade Barrett. Orton initially got the upper hand over Barrett, going outside to find a table. Back and forth action consumed the next few minutes. Barrett got a table eventually and set it next to the apron. Before he could set the table up, Orton knocked the table into Barrett’s face and sent Barrett into the steel steps. This caused Barrett to start bleeding. Both men made their way to the stage where numerous tables were set up. Barrett sent Orton to the ring where he hit an elbow drop from the second rope. Orton started to recover and got the upper hand over Barrett after reversing a side slam through a table. Orton hit some clotheslines followed by a scoop slam. Orton tried to hit the RKO, but Barrett stopped him. Barrett set Orton on top of a table, as he went to the second rope. Barrett went for another elbow drop, but Orton successfully hit an RKO on Barrett through the table, for the win.

I'm sure I watched that match but I have literally no recollection of it. Vintage WWE.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
TLC 2011 was a damn good PPV overall as I recall.

That out of the way, I vote for Randy Orton as World Heavyweight Champion. I'm not saying this as sarcasm, I don't mind admitting to being a big fan of Orton's as he has a certain presence about him that I like, he can be intense and charismatic when he wants to be, and he's one of the best in the ring in the WWE. Doesn't hurt that he's one of the most popular guys there.