Orton vs. Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
yup, orton wont win by any means...Cena has and will be the only to really push him beyond his limit....unless they let DB fight him earlier than Mania 31 than he might push him as well....but, Brock loses the belt at Mania 31 for sure.

Of course, it's just a matter of to whom he drops it to.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Ortons arm getting broken makes sense. I see it taking 2 F5's in order for him to lose. Orton will nail about 3 RKO's in total....and come super close to pinning him.....only to get his arm broken, regardless.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ortons arm getting broken makes sense. I see it taking 2 F5's in order for him to lose. Orton will nail about 3 RKO's in total....and come super close to pinning him.....only to get his arm broken, regardless.

Yup.

If he's indeed taking time off, like the rumors have been saying, then yeah... Lesnar will most likely take part in writing Orton off TV.

t4terrific

Reaction score
I want a tough heel that doesn't whine a cry version of Orton to face Lesnar.

Give me a 20 minute match that goes about 50-50 on offense, with Lesnar getting a clean win with an F-5.
I like both guys ring work and would like to see a high caliber one off at a big pay per view.

t4terrific

Reaction score
I am so sick of everyone kicking out of everyone else's finisher. If a finisher isn't a finisher, then it hurts the product.
If everybody kicked out of Jake Robert's DDT, it would have been worthless.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I am so sick of everyone kicking out of everyone else's finisher. If a finisher isn't a finisher, then it hurts the product.

Chill, bro. Stuff like that makes storylines more interesting.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've been pulling for a match between Brock and Orton for awhile now. It's a fresh program and aside for the one match they had together back in 2002 when both guys were complete rookies, they've never stepped in the ring with each other before. A lot of cool stuff that could result from this feud:

-Orton playing mind games with Lesnar, such as telling him that the RKO can come out of nowhere, similar to how Shawn Michaels used to taunt many of his opponents with how the Sweet Chin Music could hit you out of nowhere, and all it took was one second to hit and it was all over for the opponent....
-.... Or Orton purposefully assaulting Paul Heyman on a night when he knows Brock Lesnar isn't in the building. History has shown that anytime someone offends or assaults Heyman, Brock is on their ass in no time. (Vince, HHH, Punk.) Heyman being laid out with the RKO should already be enough to earn Orton a spot on Brock's shit list, but imagine if he deliberately taunted Lesnar (knowing that Brock was watching at home) by getting a hold of Paul one night when he knew Brock wasn't around and beat the living hell out of him and made him beg so as not to receive more punishment, and ended with giving Heyman a punt kick.
-Orton hitting Brock with the RKO, Orton finding out that not even punt kicking Lesnar is enough to put him down (and perhaps being punt kicked himself by Lesnar), Orton hitting Brock with the second-rope DDT, etc. The match could be excellent.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I've been pulling for a match between Brock and Orton for awhile now. It's a fresh program and aside for the one match they had together back in 2002 when both guys were complete rookies, they've never stepped in the ring with each other before. A lot of cool stuff that could result from this feud:

-Orton playing mind games with Lesnar, such as telling him that the RKO can come out of nowhere, similar to how Shawn Michaels used to taunt many of his opponents with how the Sweet Chin Music could hit you out of nowhere, and all it took was one second to hit and it was all over for the opponent....
-.... Or Orton purposefully assaulting Paul Heyman on a night when he knows Brock Lesnar isn't in the building. History has shown that anytime someone offends or assaults Heyman, Brock is on their ass in no time. (Vince, HHH, Punk.) Heyman being laid out with the RKO should already be enough to earn Orton a spot on Brock's shit list, but imagine if he deliberately taunted Lesnar (knowing that Brock was watching at home) by getting a hold of Paul one night when he knew Brock wasn't around and beat the living hell out of him and made him beg so as not to receive more punishment, and ended with giving Heyman a punt kick.
-Orton hitting Brock with the RKO, Orton finding out that not even punt kicking Lesnar is enough to put him down (and perhaps being punt kicked himself by Lesnar), Orton hitting Brock with the second-rope DDT, etc. The match could be excellent.

Oh hell yeah! That match is bound to be great. The build-up to it could be great, as well. Knowing that build-ups to Brock's matches are usually poorly executed, this one may be an exception.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

yes agreed 100%. I have to be honest here, this is the most interested I've been in Randy in while. Not only will he have a huge match, but this feud could make his face turn more fun and entertaining and I'm sure the crowd will eat it up. He could attack Heyman on Raw.....and when Brock comes to Raw and tries to talk trash...Orton nearly decimates him with an RKO every time....Orton proves that he doesn't need to have strength, rather quickness and adaptability....

I think Orton should seemingly have the upper hand on Lesnar every time they encounter each other on Raw. It would make people want to tune into to Survivor Series as well....making people think, "will Brock lose finally?" Of course, Brock will ultimately win....but he'll have one hell of a hard time doing so. It could honestly be a match of the year candidate if you ask me. These men have no only never fought, but they would have a great chemistry if that match is done right

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I see your point, to an extent. However, it's not entirely true. Most matches on Raw and Smackdown end after 1 finisher is hit. Exceptions usually happen in title matches or bigger match situations. Example, Ambrose just got pinned by an RKO from Orton.

In PPV scenarios, especially main events, having the match end after 1 finishing move seems stale and less interesting. It makes stars look more credible if they can endure after 1 finisher and keep going as well as it makes the matches more suspenseful.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I agree with t4terrific to an extent. In most cases, I feel one finisher should be enough to do the job. A finishing maneuver is called just that for a reason - because when all else fails, this is the move you can always rely on to finish the job. At least 90% of the time, people should only be kicking out of finishers in big matches scenarios like in the main event of Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Beyond that, only if someone is slow on the cover or only if they hit their finisher in the very early stages of the match like the way Lesnar and Cena did on one another at Summerslam and Night Of Champions should people be able to kick out of someone's finisher.

All just in my humble opinion, of course. :)

t4terrific

Reaction score
Chill, bro. Stuff like that makes storylines more interesting.
No it doesn't.

A finisher that no one kicks out of until there is that one big moment in that big match on the big show makes story lines more interesting... Bro.

t4terrific

Reaction score
I agree with t4terrific to an extent. In most cases, I feel one finisher should be enough to do the job. A finishing maneuver is called just that for a reason - because when all else fails, this is the move you can always rely on to finish the job. At least 90% of the time, people should only be kicking out of finishers in big matches scenarios like in the main event of Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Beyond that, only if someone is slow on the cover or only if they hit their finisher in the very early stages of the match like the way Lesnar and Cena did on one another at Summerslam and Night Of Champions should people be able to kick out of someone's finisher.

All just in my humble opinion, of course. :)
I agree.
If people regularly kick out of the RKO, then guess what... Orton needs a new finisher.

Top guys finishers need to be protected or they become meaningless.

Look at The Angle Slam. So many people have kicked out of that move so many times that when he actually beat someone with it, it was a surprise, and actually diminished his opponent.