Orton-Cena to Continue?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italianman3100!

The Showoff
Reaction score
WWE is advertising a main event of Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a "Championship Match" for the 1/31 house show in Miami.
Source- Pwinsider

Wonder what happens after TLC. Also, 1/31 is the Italian's Birthday.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just a random house show main event.
Or at least I hope so.
If there's a God it will be...

Happy early day of your birth, young soldier.

Reactions: Italianman3100!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I read the same report over on Wrestle World, but like it said over there, these cards are booked months in advance. ("Card Subject To Change" comes to mind.) It says that several markets are also still advertising "WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena" for several events too, which obviously isn't gonna be right after tomorrow night.

A house show main event doesn't mean that the feud is gonna be continuing on television. Of course, no one ever said a rematch was out of the question. It's possible that the Cena rivalry will continue past TLC but I honestly don't know what other possible match stipulation they could face each other under when they've pretty much ran through all of them over the years (Hell In A Cell, Iron Man Match, I Quit Match, No Holds Barred, Falls Count Anywhere, now a TLC match, etc.) Maybe Last Man Standing?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Good call, Kevin. Reminds me of TLC 2009, which had a Smackdown House Show a week after it where they were advertising "World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho" when Undertaker had the belt going into a Triple Threat (with Big Show involved). So young Rain thought it was a spoiler and cancelled plans to go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the show, since I was boycotting Raw at the time and nothing else interested me.

Wonder how much fake spoilers in wrestling have hurt business? Either way, I wonder just how big of an issue the staleness of the feud is. Who's to say they can't have another stipulation match because it's been so long since they've had their never-ending string of matches... then again, the non-loyal wrestling fans are probably dwindling, so maybe it's best if they don't.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Triple H comes out of tonight as Champion, as many expect, then a triple threat match is likely to happen at the Rumble with Orton and Cena. Would Triple H work house shows? I doubt it, so Orton/Cena seems reasonable.